Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stephanie Mckeon is playing Anna with Sarah O connor as understudy I believe
Following Stephanie now :))

Who knows when any of this will actually (ever) happen. But it will definitely be easier for established shows and event premieres to draw in audiences than a completely new show, even if it's by ALW.

Reactions: 3
Fun "meet the cast" video here, names are all in the text underneath.

I've never seen the film but seeing this lot smiling and being happy makes me really want to go and see the stage version! Disney does do a really good job of their show publicity!

Maybe Miss Fletcher will get to go to the red carpet first night, if they're still together till then.

Another great trailer video here

Don't forget that the Theatre Royal Drury Lane has been closed for two years or so to have an all-new stage house fitted out and lots of other changes around the building - I've already seen photos of what they've done to the stage end and it's very very impressive - the publicity and attention on Frozen as the first show in the new Drury Lane is going to be absolutely massive when it finally opens. Cinderella is only going in to the Gillian Lynne theatre (used to be called the New London Theatre) where Cats was for years. I think it has also had a bit of a refurb just now but not on the scale of the Drury Lane one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Maybe Miss Fletcher will get to go to the red carpet first night, if they're still together till then.
She'll make it all about herself and she try and get herself in the show. But I have a feeling she'll be very bitter about the show because Disney will pull in more crowds than webber he's had his day his musicals just get shitter and shitter

Carrie is the type of individual who would go along to the open night and sing out loud along to the songs.

Reactions: 5

I've never seen the film but seeing this lot smiling and being happy makes me really want to go and see the stage version! Disney does do a really good job of their show publicity!
Not the best photo of Oliver perhaps - his head looks really long :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
That Instagram post is very telling that she's super jealous.

I am really happy for Oliver. I'll be honest, I wasn't overly fond of him at first but he's really grown on me. He works hard and has always remained very humble.

I like how he's had so much experience doing various roles and I think he will keep up this streak, it's impressive!

I think Carrie could really learn a thing or two from him.

I know others have said it but she is very ignorant to think she can survive MT on talent alone.

She never looks after her voice, she's not taking the time to become a better dancer or actress.

I foresee Frozen completely overshadowing Cinderella. Her being fake nice towards the girl playing Anna or very passive aggressive towards her and all over Oliver like a rash.

Reactions: 6
So glad Obioma Ugoala is Kristoff, he's a great great guy! Good for Oli too - this is a great cast to be part of.

I bet Carrie is going to be on at him to do a cover of Love Is An Open Door with her for YouTube, but I don't think he will. I suppose that's one thing that's positive about their relationship - Pete would probably do something like that no questions asked and would pander to her every whim but I don't think Pete is such a pushover. I foresee Carrie flexing her Frozen knowledge on her instastories, her answering every fan question about asking why she's not in Frozen/how she feels about Frozen with boomerangs of her rolling her eyes and going "I'm in Cinderella...!!!" As if that's the only reason why she's not been cast.

I so wanted to comment on that insta post, being like omg the cat got cast in Frozen!! Because in all honesty that is what it looks like. I this kudos to Oliver to get the part.

I agree with the person earlier who said about if they were in MT they would do acting classes, dance classes, etc and I agree. Like you don't even have to be an amazing dancer just be able to show you've got the skills to dance.

Carrie said before that she’s not a dancer and that is why she doesn’t do dance classes... such a stupid thing to say! Basic dance lessons can only be beneficial to her but she doesn’t want to go to a class where she wouldn’t be the best. She won’t go auditioning for Cats or 42nd street because she’s not a tap dancer or prima ballerina, but getting the basic dance skills could open up her opportunities. I had to do a basic dance/movement audition for a youth production of Les Mis when I was a teenager- I’m not a dancer but I did do ballet, tap and jazz from ages 3-10 years old and can follow a routine. That was all they need to know from my dance audition- do I have rhythm and can I remember some basic movement (I got cast in the ensemble and was also cast as a featured lovely lady- hence the dance audition).
On Broadway, James Monroe Iglehart learned to tap dance so he could play the Genie in Aladdin and won a Tony for it. No one is expecting Carrie to become a ballerina and auditioning for dance heavy roles, it’s about doing the basic classes to give her a better chance of surviving movement auditions. Btw I can’t imagine Carrie as either Anna or Elsa in Frozen, they both go against her casting type. Anna has a lot of dancing and lifts. Mb she could play Elsa but to me she doesn’t look like an Elsa. I think she fits Elphaba in Wicked more than Elsa in Frozen.

Reactions: 8
CHF is aging out of a lot of roles already and to be blunt her stroppy face and general demeanor doesnt help. It's not even a weight thing, it's how she carrys herself. I can see her as Madame Thienardier in les mis but of the big long runners I dont think there are many roles for her left. Her youtube and famous big brother 'fame' is declining which is really the main reason she got leads over others

Reactions: 7
The understudy for Anna was also the understudy Jenna in Waitress so no doubt that's a double-whammy jealousy for her!

Speaking of which - why does she always say she's "not the right age" for characters such as Jenna or Mrs Lovett?! I know Mrs L is generally cast older here, but a performance is a performance and Carrie isn't as young as she'd like to think! Beth in War Of The Worlds isn't a young role and she got away with that fine.

Jenna was always cast round about her age and younger sometimes so it always seemed odd for her to use that as an excuse.
Because it would be a reason that's completely out of her control and in no way her fault - rather than admit the fact that she hasn't really developed any musical theatre skills beyond her voice (which she has likely done more damage than improvement to over the years) and can't compete with other actresses who have learned and honed their craft to get those hotly contested roles 👀 She always gives off the vibe that she looks down on the whole audition process anyway, likely because it doesn't usually go her way and she's used to being offered main roles (often in exchange for vlog coverage, oop).

As some of you have said, she hasn't learned any dance skills and has counted herself out of dancing before she's even tried it. Which is just... bizarre to me? She could v. likely afford one-on-one dance lessons if she does feel that self conscious about it... but she just doesn't. Given that she never thought about running before she threw herself into it and apparently loved it, you'd think she'd be far more open to trying new things, especially those things that could boost her career 🤷

Carrie said before that she’s not a dancer and that is why she doesn’t do dance classes... such a stupid thing to say! Basic dance lessons can only be beneficial to her but she doesn’t want to go to a class where she wouldn’t be the best. She won’t go auditioning for Cats or 42nd street because she’s not a tap dancer or prima ballerina, but getting the basic dance skills could open up her opportunities. I had to do a basic dance/movement audition for a youth production of Les Mis when I was a teenager- I’m not a dancer but I did do ballet, tap and jazz from ages 3-10 years old and can follow a routine. That was all they need to know from my dance audition- do I have rhythm and can I remember some basic movement (I got cast in the ensemble and was also cast as a featured lovely lady- hence the dance audition).
On Broadway, James Monroe Iglehart learned to tap dance so he could play the Genie in Aladdin and won a Tony for it. No one is expecting Carrie to become a ballerina and auditioning for dance heavy roles, it’s about doing the basic classes to give her a better chance of surviving movement auditions. Btw I can’t imagine Carrie as either Anna or Elsa in Frozen, they both go against her casting type. Anna has a lot of dancing and lifts. Mb she could play Elsa but to me she doesn’t look like an Elsa. I think she fits Elphaba in Wicked more than Elsa in Frozen.
carrie as elphaba is my worst nightmare. whenever there is a wicked cast change announcement I pray carrie hasn't got elphaba.

• Haha
carrie as elphaba is my worst nightmare. whenever there is a wicked cast change announcement I pray carrie hasn't got elphaba.
Honestly don’t think she’ll ever get that role. Her voice wouldn’t be able to take it.

Wicked doesn’t need stunt casting. New ALW musicals definitely do. He has done very badly with the last couple

OMG her post for Tom’s birthday. Why does she have to make reference to herself in everything? Why not post a lovely pic of Tom and wish him a happy birthday. I should be surprised as she uses every celeb-friend birthday as an opportunity for self-promotion but it really grates me.

OMG her post for Tom’s birthday. Why does she have to make reference to herself in everything? Why not post a lovely pic of Tom and wish him a happy birthday. I should be surprised as she uses every celeb-friend birthday as an opportunity for self-promotion but it really grates me.
Also hilarious that Tom hasn’t liked her post!

• Haha
Anyone seen the frozen broadway musical love is an open door on youtube theres a part where hans puts his head in annas boobs. Very strange watch but wow imagine the green eyed monster in the audience in the west end version
I saw it on tour and it was Anna pushing his face in her chest.
Carrie will avoid watching it because she is going "to be so busy with Cinderella" probably and maybe we can see another book with an mean redhead trying to steal her man

• Haha
Love how it took her exactly 24 hrs before positing a Hans vs Cinders video 🙃 Baring in mind Oliver’s own announcement video was less than one minute, one insta post with a two word caption... and then there’s Carrie.... 👀 I understand being proud of your significant other (and I must admit Oliver’s total social media silence over Les Mis did shock me a bit but I’m in the majority who have grown to like him over the Good Morning videos) but there’s also, as so many others have said, needlessly inserting yourself into their news and achievement - I haven’t watched the video yet but she could have made a Q&A about his audition process or something if she really wanted to make a whole video about it

I think its unfair to speculate on how she will or will not react. For all we know, she seems to put Oliver on a pedestal (compared to her previous relationships), maybe she'll be supportive !

Reactions: 2
Did any anyone see his ex Summer Strallen story quote "you can be proud of your ex but not want to get back with them"
She has posted similar things the last two weeks! She might of been with someone else but I always got the feeling she is/was raw with Oliver as they broke up early into the adams family tour......!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.