Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watching Ollie’s new good morning video about Frozen. Is it just me or does Carrie not seem that excited for him? I’d be jumping up and down if I was her and my bf just landed this part.
I've just watched the video and I feel so sad for him! He's clearly buzzing and wants to get excited with her but it's like she hasn't got it in her to be happy for other people.

Instead she's giving off a very cold, matter-of-fact vibe, like a "alright that's enough excitement now".

I'm sure he will, but I hope he throws himself into this role and has the best time ever. It's certainly a game changer for his career.

Reactions: 5
I really hope she doesn't force him to have lunch with her everyday seeing as they're theatre are 5 minutes from each other, but I have a horrible feeling she's going to hate frozen even more as that's going to bring in way more bums on seats and her show will flop badly.

Reactions: 4
I think, after lockdown is over and once the theatres have reopened, it’s going to be a difficult climate for new shows, so there’s going to be a lot of pressure on the entire Cinderella production to do the best they can. Im not sure how Carrie will deal with that pressure/potential for criticism and/or failure.

Reactions: 1
I think, after lockdown is over and once the theatres have reopened, it’s going to be a difficult climate for new shows, so there’s going to be a lot of pressure on the entire Cinderella production to do the best they can. Im not sure how Carrie will deal with that pressure/potential for criticism and/or failure.
I hope people finally give her some constructive feedback!! Everyone seems to pussyfoot around her.

Reactions: 3
I wonder what happened to make her turn into a bitter cold person. I had a look back through her insta and she seemed so genuinely happy back in 2015/16/17. You can tell that she’s forcing to be happy now from looking at those pics. And she had much better style and her hair looks nicer longer! She’s become so old for her age. It’s odd

I hope people finally give her some constructive feedback!! Everyone seems to pussyfoot around her.
I feel like she won’t get away with much with ALW, the man is a legend in MT (whatever anyone thinks of him!) He could probably approach anyone of his choosing! So miss I’m so wonderful needs to watch herself because I don’t think he’ll be putting up with her just belting etc for the sake of it!

I feel like she won’t get away with much with ALW, the man is a legend in MT (whatever anyone thinks of him!) He could probably approach anyone of his choosing! So miss I’m so wonderful needs to watch herself because I don’t think he’ll be putting up with her just belting etc for the sake of it!
I’ve just had a thought - what if carries been cast to get the show out there, guarantee some younger fans/viewers, then if it’s successful ALW will use this as the basis for his next reality search competition?

This is with alw is every actor and.project that he is currently working on or with is always the best, most amazing etc until he moves on to the next. if a project fails they're also in line for taking the blame. she might be flavour of the month now but that won't last forever

Reactions: 2
Ooh I had no idea Summer was such a successful actress! And good friends with Celinde too by the looks of it.

I wonder if C&O ever bump into her? I don't know how small MT circles are in the West End but I'm guessing there's a chance. Can just imagine how awful Carrie would be... probably smug and all over Oli in front of her but then sulky as hell for the rest of the evening.

Also, sorry this was probably discussed years ago... I dipped out of reading the GG threads for a while!

Reactions: 1
I mean the man fired the Broadway legend Patti Lapone via the newspapers because she wasn't bring in a decent audience, so who knows Carrie better check herself before she wrecks herself

• Wow
It’s probably in her contract that she has to backstage vlog etc to get younger people interested in the show. The last few ALW shows haven’t done well, especially with the younger audience. Maybe he saw the ‘fans’ that Carrie brought into Heathers and wanted a piece of that. I really don’t think that she was cast for pure talent alone.

• Heart
Hi all, I’m not a new tatler but not posted in here before. Carrie peed me off this afternoon... someone asked if she’s schedule her posts at 10am. If she doesn’t want to why does she not just ignore requests. She constantly sounds irritated with her followers. I’m all for boundaries but she seems to be all for sticking her finger up at people who like her. So so odd.

Reactions: 6
Hi all, I’m not a new tatler but not posted in here before. Carrie peed me off this afternoon... someone asked if she’s schedule her posts at 10am. If she doesn’t want to why does she not just ignore requests. She constantly sounds irritated with her followers. I’m all for boundaries but she seems to be all for sticking her finger up at people who like her. So so odd.
She is so rude. She has no respect for her audience or followers at all.

She hates anyone who dares critises her. I feel for anyone who gives her critism in real life to be met with her enormous ego and snippy attitude.

Is it awful to hope that this negativity is being noticed (as it's hard not to) and will impact her career?

I can't imagine producers will respond well to it?

Only a matter of time before people stop tolerating her.

At least her Instagram is loosing traffic and her YouTube views are declining.

I'd love to know how any subs she has. Still find it funny she chooses to hide it.

Oh yeah Summer Strallen is a much bigger theatre name than carrie. CHF may have wider name recognition due to her brother and YouTube but in the theatre world Summer is part of the Strallen dynasty. Her aunt is Bonnie Langford and her sisters are all west end (and in Scarletts case Broadway too) leads. Summer was also in Hollyoaks and was chosen by ALW to lead the second cast of Sound of Music following the hollyoaks stint. She has also been in original casts of Love Never Dies and Drowsy Chaperone. She has an extensive and varied CV that CHF can only dream of

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And again.. someone asked if they could hear a sneak peak at new Cinderella music and she said I‘m not in charge of that... follow them ‘......”

Like if you have just been cast in a NEW show, and someone’s excited, why not say... ‘I’m really hoping so‘ or ignore it?!?

I came here to say this too. Sorry but what exactly is happening in her oh so busy schedule? We’re still quite locked down and her job is on hold. She said herself she hasn’t bothered learning anything for Cinderella yet. Hardly so bloody rushed off her feet that she couldn’t commit to an upload schedule 🙄

Attachments

I saw Summer perform in Young Frankenstein a few years ago, she was fantastic. A real triple threat who’s clearly worked hard at her craft and continues to put in the hard work. A little unrelated too but a friend of mine was at drama school a few years ago and her sister, Zizi was a guest tutor one day. He said she was absolutely lovely and they had a chat about his mental health and how the industry took a toll on him and she was so supportive and gave great advice. I do believe she’s Mary Poppins in the west end. I was hoping to see it before all the theatres shut but I’m not sure if I’ll get the opportunity now 😢

I still find it a little bit weird that she hasn’t been in any lockdown MT videos for WhatsOnStage, LondonTheatre etc. I know that was that whole Leave a Light On email which she didn’t reply to but I thought she’d lap up the opportunity to be in videos

I saw Summer perform in Young Frankenstein a few years ago, she was fantastic. A real triple threat who’s clearly worked hard at her craft and continues to put in the hard work. A little unrelated too but a friend of mine was at drama school a few years ago and her sister, Zizi was a guest tutor one day. He said she was absolutely lovely and they had a chat about his mental health and how the industry took a toll on him and she was so supportive and gave great advice. I do believe she’s Mary Poppins in the west end. I was hoping to see it before all the theatres shut but I’m not sure if I’ll get the opportunity now 😢
She is Mary Poppins. I saw it in the West End in February and she was fantastic. It will probably be the last show I see for a while!

She does seem rather, well, complacent. Like she has the LEAD in CINDERELLA so she doesn't have to out any effort into anything during lockdown

What if CINDERELLA gets cancelled? Or what's she going to do after that run? And surely she loves singing and musical theatre enough to be in something?! Even her YouTube videos haven't really showcased any singing or passion or creativity. It's like she's sitting back not giving a shift whilst the world grafts around her

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.