Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally unrelated, but why are all their thumbnails for the videos pretty much the same? I don't know why it bothers me šŸ˜‚

I know that's a petty complaint šŸ˜‚

Also, Carrie really loves to sit with that cushion on her lap!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She bought a house and spent all that money renovating it, to leave it such a mess. They've been locked in there for months and there's just tit lying all over the place. We all know what a state the flat was in, which I'm assuming the excuse would be 'I'm too busy'. What now then? Stop spending hours making quizzes and tidy up.

Reactions: 6
I really liked her flat but it was so messy. I get being busy, but she could hire a cleaner or get someone to help her, surely?

Totally unrelated, but why are all their thumbnails for the videos pretty much the same? I don't know why it bothers me šŸ˜‚
Because all the videos themselves are pretty much the same, 9/10 of them are just the two of them (especially her) just flumped down on the sofa!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Fair enough, I guess I don't think so as I've worn glasses since I was a teenager - but the question is, would you make an overly long Youtube-video about it and post a ton about it on your social media?
Haha no, I definitely wouldnā€™t!

I think the quality of Oliverā€™s morning videos is much better than Carrieā€™s evening ones. Carrieā€™s are normally quite a bit shorter too and I feel like she just canā€™t be bothered with them, and sometimes she doesnā€™t upload them till 1am?

I agree with the state of her house and flat. She has said before that sheā€™s a bit of a hoarder, particularly with sentimental things, which is fine but she could at least store it properly so itā€™s tidy! In the background of the videos thereā€™s always stuff on the floor, table and kitchen worktop. I get the impression that Oliver is the opposite and is quite minimalist, tidy and doesnā€™t hoard things. So I bet itā€™s quite frustrating for him to live with her mess.

She has no children, no job to go to, why in the blue hell is her house an actual tip?

She has no children, no job to go to, why in the blue hell is her house an actual tip?
Because she's lazy and messy. It was painfully obvious in clips where she did have dressing tables next to others; a literal line where you could see her piles of clutter and crap, clearly not needed compared to the clean spaces of everyone else.

I wondered why I'd not had any GG notifications for a while!

Thing is about the state of her house is that Oliver can't mind too much or he'd tidy up himself!
I have a level of sympathy for people at the moment, everyone's out of their routines and the situation is having an impact on people's mental states so housework probably isn't people's priority right now. But considering we're spending so much more time in our houses, you'd also think she'd want it to be a more pleasant environment to exist in.

Her room is so messy, it stresses me out. I used to have such a messy room, but I grew out of it around 24...

I wondered why I'd not had any GG notifications for a while!

Thing is about the state of her house is that Oliver can't mind too much or he'd tidy up himself!
I have a level of sympathy for people at the moment, everyone's out of their routines and the situation is having an impact on people's mental states so housework probably isn't people's priority right now. But considering we're spending so much more time in our houses, you'd also think she'd want it to be a more pleasant environment to exist in.
Yeah I get that when my anxiety is bad housework is the last thing on my mind, but my brain just feels so much clearer when the room is! Particularly working from home all day, need the space to be tidy.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that they havenā€™t done any work on the house during lockdown. My parents have bought new bathrooms during lockdown, the house opposite me has been building an extension through lockdown. A friend of mine has repainted their living room and has got new curtains on the way. Believe it or not, the lockdown has been the perfect time for people to do diys and sort stuff around the house. It only takes one or two people to sort their stairs out and itā€™s a lot easier now that more places are open. Makes you wonder what the hell they do all day!

Her room is so messy, it stresses me out. I used to have such a messy room, but I grew out of it around 24...

Yeah I get that when my anxiety is bad housework is the last thing on my mind, but my brain just feels so much clearer when the room is! Particularly working from home all day, need the space to be tidy.
Definitely agree, I've found it so much harder over lockdown to motivate myself to tidy or clean but I 100% feel so much better once I've done it! I feel like I can't concentrate on my work while I'm surrounded by mess.

I think part of it is the fact that it's my space and I'm proud of it - like I get having a messy room when you're a teenager or a young adult living at home and you don't have much space and you're living with all your clutter from childhood too, but everytime I move, I have a clear out of stuff and I keep my own home somewhere that I want to spend time.

It's really weird to me that she doesn't think like that and in fact seems to be the opposite - I'm sure when she filmed videos when she still lived at home, her room always seemed quite tidy.

I do wonder if she'll still be in it though - or if her contract will be shorter than previously agreed?

I do wonder if she'll still be in it though - or if her contract will be shorter than previously agreed?
I'm sure she will be in it for the whole of its run at Gillian Lynne, seeing that the ā€œaboutā€ part on the website starts with ā€œAndrew Lloyd Webberā€™s Cinderella is the exciting new musical comedy starring Carrie Hope Fletcherā€.

what I donā€™t get, though, is how they think this could work. The idea of an edgy and strong feminist Cinderella has been done time and time again, itā€™s not new or exciting anymore. And from the promo material Iā€™ve seen so far, Carrieā€™s gigantic range of expressions and acting skills wonā€™t help it one bit. Weā€™ve talked about this a whole lot since the gg days and I still donā€™t get it now lol

I'm sure she will be in it for the whole of its run at Gillian Lynne, seeing that the ā€œaboutā€ part on the website starts with ā€œAndrew Lloyd Webberā€™s Cinderella is the exciting new musical comedy starring Carrie Hope Fletcherā€.

what I donā€™t get, though, is how they think this could work. The idea of an edgy and strong feminist Cinderella has been done time and time again, itā€™s not new or exciting anymore. And from the promo material Iā€™ve seen so far, Carrieā€™s gigantic range of expressions and acting skills wonā€™t help it one bit. Weā€™ve talked about this a whole lot since the gg days and I still donā€™t get it now lol
Are we out of new ideas for musicals that we're rehashing stuff that's been done a million times

I'm not shitting on it just because Carrie's in it but I absolutely agree. I don't really know why we need another version of Cinderella.

I've seen umpteen versions of Cinderella at the panto and kinda bored of it now.

I'm not sure how many versions of it they can keep doing!

I'm not shitting on it just because Carrie's in it but I absolutely agree. I don't really know why we need another version of Cinderella.

I've seen umpteen versions of Cinderella at the panto and kinda bored of it now.

I'm not sure how many versions of it they can keep doing!
Yeah, it's not exactly groundbreaking but I guess it doesn't have to be. Fairy tale reinventions ar not much of a risk since the story is familiar enough for people to not be outright put off (which can happen with more 'out there' shows) but adding that 'feminist' angle (even if it has been done a lot before) arguably keeps it 'fresh' or 'modern' enough to keep adults interested. Plus Andrew Lloyd Webber still has enough staying power to make people consider going.
Carrie in the leading role makes it an even safer bet. She's got still enough of a following to fill a fair chunk of seats and, acting aside, she can be a decent enough singer not to alienate general theatre fans šŸ¤· I'm not expecting great things from it but I doubt it will totally bomb either

Aw please donā€™t bash the show! Iā€™m really excited to see it!! And thatā€™s genuine! Haha šŸ™ˆ Iā€™ve said before but Iā€™m a big ALW fan so to see a new show of his is so cool even if Cinderella itself isn't an original idea!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.