Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aw please don’t bash the show! I’m really excited to see it!! And that’s genuine! Haha 🙈 I’ve said before but I’m a big ALW fan so to see a new show of his is so cool even if Cinderella itself isn't an original idea!!
And i hope you enjoy the show! Even though the concept and Carrie bum me out, I’d still be eager to go see it myself if I have a chance! :)

Reactions: 1
And i hope you enjoy the show! Even though the concept and Carrie bum me out, I’d still be eager to go see it myself if I have a chance! :)
thank you haha I’m hoping Carrie will be ok! I saw her in Heathers and I didn’t think she was that bad to be fair I know people have said she was awful but I didn’t see it! I did think one of the Heathers I can’t remember which one now possibly Sophie Issacs was a bit screechy so maybe that shows what my tastes are hahahahaha

Aw please don’t bash the show! I’m really excited to see it!! And that’s genuine! Haha 🙈 I’ve said before but I’m a big ALW fan so to see a new show of his is so cool even if Cinderella itself isn't an original idea!!
I'm going as well and looking forward to it. Im glad they have pushed the dates on though!!

Reactions: 1
When she first got her glasses, she said she was short sighted but didn't need to wear them all the time. And yet...she seems to wear them all the time. Which is it? Did she ever say anything about this changing?
I honestly think she just likes herself with them on. Since wearing glasses she does that annoying nose twitch thing to like push them up? I don’t know what she’s doing but it annoys me so much cause it’s so forced.

Reactions: 4
Ffs, she brags on and on that she was THE VERY FIRST WEST END VERONICA but in the next breath doesn’t want to hear about Heathers anymore? Many people still associate her with it because she was the starring role for quite a long run. Jesus.

Oh she’s deleted that story now! Obviously realised she was being a witch

Reactions: 7
Maybe take it as a compliment instead of being rude
It's almost like she made such a massive deal about being in it and made it part of her identity/persona (like most of her theatre roles) 🙄
I get it must be frustrating getting the same questions but surely she must realise not everyone who follows her will be familiar with the theatre world and all its inner workings, considering she's also known for being a YouTuber/author/singer/influencer, etc.

Reactions: 2
Her new qa/ ask me my opinion thing annoyed me yet again. Someone had a laugh about people still asking questions about “heathers” and she responded with a smug giggle face and how she doesn’t get it since it was a while ago...

Look. Some fans probably just want to take the opportunity to ask her *anything*. Sometimes it could easily be googled or something but she’s DOING A QA AND THEY ARE A FAN AND WANT TO ASK HER SOMETHING. Not to mention, not everyone is “keeping up with the fletchers.” People have lives. They may only occasionally pop in to see what’s new or only occasionally check Instagram and just stumbled upon her after a long time. Not everyone is like some of us and watch her bull crap so much we can recall past blogs and videos with pretty good accuracy. 😂 (I probably should get some more hobbies lol)

and besides that, I’ve seen other people, who don’t even have nearly as many followers as her, answer the same question over and over and they are always polite about it. Occasionally they will get asked if repeat questions irritate them, and they say not at all, they realize they may be new etc. And if they get asked a question beyond their realm of knowledge, they POLITELY point them to where they can find the info. They seem to get that they went to strangers and said “hey, ask me questions, my opinions, my advice etc.” and they’d be ridiculous if they were condescending about the questions random people ask.

Not to mention Heathers was a big role for Carrie, and one she documented a lot. I’m fuzzy on what she has done since because she didn’t make many videos, and les mis was cut short. Either that or they were kind of forgettable to be honest. Even for me, Addams and Heathers are the most current things that pop in my head for her.

there are actors that still get questions about roles they played decades ago. They may get annoyed or disappointed but they usually seem to be gracious about it. Your most popular/notable work tends to follow you around.

Is she in the wrong industry? Why is she an actress/influencer? Why does she ask for questions then criticize what people ask? Why does she open her mail box then complain about getting mail? Why does she complain about YouTube fans going to stage door, but then use those same fans to vote for her theatre work? Why does she put herself in the public eye then complain about being in the public eye? Why does she mention her rings and tattoos just to snap at people for asking about them? Why does she parade boyfriends to the public then scold them for asking if they’re together?

why?

I probably need to ask myself why I still watch this girl 😂 I hardly watch her YouTube anymore and I may need to unfollow her on Instagram. She was pretty quiet on there for a bit and I guess I hoped she was learning better social media skills. Nope. 🙄

As for glasses, I used to take mine on and off as needed, but I lost my glasses once and decided from then on I’d just keep them on at all times so I didn’t run the risk of losing them again. My eyesight has barely changed in 20 years so it doesn’t appear to be hurting anything wearing them all the time even though I didn’t “need” to.

Reactions: 9
She was stunt casted on Heathers and her name was only used and almost used in the album cover. They still promote stuff with HER face on it because there hasn’t been another Veronica, she talked about it being the role of a life time and she acts like b**** when people ask her about it?

this answer also sits wrong with me. She only got a book deal because of youtube and she is not a good writer, she talks about the differende of fiction and “novels” but all her books are inspired by her and her current boyfriend

BAB923C0-9992-424D-A2C5-AAF7BF21C7D0.png

Reactions: 5
The one where she stared clamining she wasn’t straight but heteroflexive so she could play the lesbian character

The cinderella workshop ????

Les mis and les mis.

Reactions: 3
The reason people keep asking her about Heathers is because it had a massive following! Theatre kids were obsessed with it! They had issues with fans throwing things on to the stage during the curtain call (scrunchies mainly but I'm sure I remember one night someone from the front few rows slid an actual cake on to the stage at the end) and people camped out overnight regularly for day seats. I'm sure there was an issue with Heather 'stans' telling others that security weren't allowing people to camp out for the final show so that there wouldn't be other people there to get the tickets before them. If you are the lead in a show like that then people will forever connect you to it.
I saw it and did enjoy it but there were a lot of fans in the night I went and the crowd was quite screechy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I remember ages ago when she compared herself to Ben Platt and the reactions he used to get at the stage door of Dear Evan Hansen and the musical theatre community on twitter WENT OFF! Ben Platt used to get hundreds of people outside stage door every night after an exhausting performance and he’s still polite and kind. He also gets asked about DEH every time he’s interviewed and he hasn’t played him for a few years now and there have been about 5 different Evans since but he recognises that it’s the role that made him. Carrie just needs to be brought down to earth a little bit. I used to love her and if she did more backstage stuff I’d watch because I enjoy those types of vlogs but she really does think she’s on the same level as some of these superstars.

The reason people keep asking her about Heathers is because it had a massive following! Theatre kids were obsessed with it! They had issues with fans throwing things on to the stage during the curtain call (scrunchies mainly but I'm sure I remember one night someone from the front few rows slid an actual cake on to the stage at the end) and people camped out overnight regularly for day seats. I'm sure there was an issue with Heather 'stans' telling others that security weren't allowing people to camp out for the final show so that there wouldn't be other people there to get the tickets before them. If you are the lead in a show like that then people will forever connect you to it.
I saw it and did enjoy it but there were a lot of fans in the night I went and the crowd was quite screechy.
Also when you’ve done fairly well out of fans caring so much about your production it’s a bit rude to roll your eyes whenever people ask. Imagine if Julie Andrews refused to talk about Mary Poppins/Sound of Music...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.