Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it Heather's that ruined voice?

I used to be a huge fan of her and her voice but nowadays, it's like she doesn't have the same power.

Such a pity really.

Reactions: 1
Was it Heather's that ruined voice?

I used to be a huge fan of her and her voice but nowadays, it's like she doesn't have the same power.

Such a pity really.
It is thought that forcing herself to perform through severe tonsillitis ruined her voice. Her high belt hasn’t been the same since. If she actually wants to get her range back she needs to have proper singing lessons. She’s talked about having a vocal coach before but vocal coaches and singing teachers are very different from each other.

Reactions: 3
He’s now talking about testing a show with distancing in July at the palladium.

Reactions: 1
He’s now talking about testing a show with distancing in July at the palladium.
As far as I know, other than his production of Phantom in Korea, the only thing that's really gone on stage anywhere in the world in recent weeks has been tiny and simple productions e.g. solo performances or similar with just a few performers and virtually no backstage crew. West end plays and musicals normally have just as many if not more people working unseen behind the scenes in very confined spaces (working scenery, props, stage management, wigs and makeup, costumes, dressers, sound, followspot etc etc) as they have performers appearing on stage. No way is he going to manage to put anything on much beyond a single actor monologue type show, even at the Palladium.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I came back from GG (went to coffee late to cherryblossomlatte) Carrie hasn't posted anything about her losing her job in Les Mis since there is no way she can go back now, does she thinks she still has the role when the show opens again? Does she really things Cinderella is going to happen at all or be a success? If the shows finally open I don't think a new version of cinderella with someone who has not shown the best vocals lately is going to be their first option to watch, there is no way they would be able to make money If they open this year or even in 2021
Exactly this. She'd deluded if she thinks otherwise (not surprising as she genuinely seems to believe that she's lead material, and not there purely because of her name).

Reactions: 2
Also made the leap from GG, hi!

I think Cinderella will go ahead, if massively postponed. ALW and company are going to be scrabbling to gain back money once the theatres are allowed to reopen, and as much as I don't like it, Carrie is something of a box office draw.

Love how Carrie talked about stunt casting being a real thing that happens but doesn't think it applies to her. Deluded. She even said how special it was that before she made videos you could never see backstage at Les Mis but they told her to make them to gain a bigger audience when they found out how many subscribers she had. She was a sell-out before she started.

Reactions: 5
Love how Carrie talked about stunt casting being a real thing that happens but doesn't think it applies to her. Deluded. She even said how special it was that before she made videos you could never see backstage at Les Mis but they told her to make them to gain a bigger audience when they found out how many subscribers she had. She was a sell-out before she started.
Can she not see the irony in that statement alone honestly 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve heard that she very much believes her own hype and is a bit of an ass to crew on shows

I used to love her, I saw her as the “big sister” role model and would buy everything she did because it was her. Something changed a few years ago and now she just annoys me. While her voice was good, I always think that she thinks she’s too good to do some training. She admits to not being the best dancer so why not take a couple of lessons?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also made the leap from GG, hi!

I think Cinderella will go ahead, if massively postponed. ALW and company are going to be scrabbling to gain back money once the theatres are allowed to reopen, and as much as I don't like it, Carrie is something of a box office draw.
I think his priority will be getting Phantom back up and running in order to get some stable money coming in from all the tourists that reliably go to see that, by the time it's allowed to reopen it'll likely need full re-casting and new musicians auditioned and rehearsed. Then he's got Theatre Royal Drury Lane (which he owns) to reopen in grand fashion, it's been closed for a couple of years for rebuilding, and was due to reopen in October with Disney's Frozen, which Disney probably want to go ahead with. That then leaves five other theatres that he owns, I realise he personally doesn't have to interview the ushers and bar staff himself but it'll still keep him busy moving money about to get it happening. Finally he's got Joseph to get up and running again at the Palladium next summer, for which they're already selling tickets.

I'm sure Cinderella will open eventually, but I reckon all the above will keep him very busy for a year or more, that he won't have either the time, or the willingness to risk money on a brand new show like Cinderella for the time being. We'll see in due course, but I'd be very surprised if he prioritises the riskiest of all the ventures and the most time consuming one, above everything else. I think Ms Fletcher would be best asking Cameron if she can go back in Les Mis for a bit, she had a nice "couple of songs then sit back" niche there.

Reactions: 6
She's made an Instagram account for Edgar the cat now, which means only one thing: #AD pet supplies posts incoming.

I think his priority will be getting Phantom back up and running in order to get some stable money coming in from all the tourists that reliably go to see that, by the time it's allowed to reopen it'll likely need full re-casting and new musicians auditioned and rehearsed. Then he's got Theatre Royal Drury Lane (which he owns) to reopen in grand fashion, it's been closed for a couple of years for rebuilding, and was due to reopen in October with Disney's Frozen, which Disney probably want to go ahead with. That then leaves five other theatres that he owns, I realise he personally doesn't have to interview the ushers and bar staff himself but it'll still keep him busy moving money about to get it happening. Finally he's got Joseph to get up and running again at the Palladium next summer, for which they're already selling tickets.

I'm sure Cinderella will open eventually, but I reckon all the above will keep him very busy for a year or more, that he won't have either the time, or the willingness to risk money on a brand new show like Cinderella for the time being. We'll see in due course, but I'd be very surprised if he prioritises the riskiest of all the ventures and the most time consuming one, above everything else. I think Ms Fletcher would be best asking Cameron if she can go back in Les Mis for a bit, she had a nice "couple of songs then sit back" niche there.
Very well put! I wonder if he's just waiting to announce things properly, or if he is still in denial about the reality of the situation. Like we've said already, Cam Mack would not have thrown in the towel on a whim, his decision would have been based on the reality of the situation.

Now he has an Instagram can’t he stay there. Nothing more boring than a cat.

How long are we betting the cat page will last? Longer than her book page?🤔

Even though she said she was going to keep him on her grid only #sellout
When has she ever stuck to something she's said? (Like...being anti-cruelty but then also accepting money to promote Sure.)She should maybe think about dropping the "Hope" and going by Carrie Hypocrite Fletcher.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She (or oops I mean Edgar) has already made a post tagging/featuring a brand, who have sent over big bags of food and treats. Of course she made sure to specify how much he LOVES one particular flavour so they can be sure to send that in the next lot.

Not really adding anything new to the conversation but I really hate the weird arrogant way Carrie behaves in those videos with Oliver. Constant scoffing and eye rolling whenever he’s speaking it honestly makes me cringe. Especially because he’s respectful whenever she is speaking? I dunno if it’s a screwed up power dynamic because he lives in her house or whatever or if she has some resentment towards him for not proposing yet? I dunno, in one of the 10,000 videos they’ve posted in the past few months I remember a conversation between them and she was talking about how she always thought she’d marry young etc and it felt like she was dropping hints and Oliver looked v awkward hahaha.

Reactions: 10
I don’t have a problem with the cat having an IG account but I wish she would use it for something that benefits others rather than herself. She can afford to buy the cat some food - she could at least pass the freebies on to a local animal shelter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.