Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I’m sorry, I really don’t understand this controversy - what’s the issue? Where did it come from? Why is it bad? What does that video even mean?! I don’t understaaannddd

I’m not defending it btw, bullying a child is horrific, I just don’t understand the context - enlighten me please 🙏
People are lip syncing to audio of a kid performing in Legally Blonde - the vocals are quite monotone so anyone lip syncing to it is not doing it in a flattering or kind way.

The child in question did not consent to the audio being used and I bet they're absolutely gutted to see people they looked up to taking the piss out of them.

Just so insensitive and unnecessary for ANYBODY in the industry but for Gary and John with a business that's supposed to train and give confidence to young performers? Get the fuck out you absolute clowns.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

nymeria

I don't think Carrie got bullied as a kid for her hair colour as a kid just because it's not really unusual. However from experience, kids definitely bully others for their hair colour. I'm a natural red hair and mostly got left alone but do remember being called "orangutan" constantly by another kid in high school. So it's definitely a thing, I just doubt it happened to Carrie.
You’re forgetting she was bullied cause the human mind cannot comprehend how someone who has blonde hair can also have brown eyes. Too unique for this world.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
Honestly, what roles are out there for Gary now? She just hasn't got the skills or range most of her peers do - she doesn't dance, her acting is limited, her voice is weak and it's been proven she doesn't get bums on seats so I think even stunt-casting is out now.
The role of Shrek’s wife. Sadly unpaid and not on the West End.

She really needs to get better at the social media side of things if all she can do now is attempt to be an influencer and publish the odd terribly written book.

• Haha

dull-board1243

VIP Member
In regards to the TikTok Joel reposted. Don’t be so full of yourself and twist the narrative so you don’t look like a POS. You were not “celebrating” or saying you “were that kid”. You were mocking. And Joel. If you do read here…how would you feel if people were lip syncing to your West End Live show (the one you got taken down) and used that as a means to show being awkward and “stiff” (the narrative in a lot of the TikToks)?

and if you can only empathise with a situation when it’s made relevant to you, then evaluate who you are as a person.
Joel did it while IN COSTUME. For that alone, he should be fired. Or should have a clause in his contract stating he can't do anything while on the clock.
---
Poor thing 😪. This will most likely stay with her for the rest of her life. All for them to have a 20 second vanity project.

They don't care unfortunately unless it is one of them or their buddies.
---

Also she will probably struggle to step foot in a theatre again, knowing so many actors have mocked her.
Imagine having a FUCKING TONY WINNER mock you. That poor child.

• Sad

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
The emoji and now just the tiny blur on one eye is getting ridiculous. You share EVERYTHING about this child from what tit she’s sucking on to every mess she’s made in her nappy. You called her a ‘boobshark’ Showing her face is not the problem here. It’s the over sharing of everything else.
I know you have literally nothing else to post but
Just. Stop. Please.

Clover123

VIP Member
The idea that Jamie would have struggled to keep a professional relationship with Carrie if he hadn't have been in a relationship is just... so hilarious? Has she not seen how scared he looked?!

I would be extremely grossed out if I were Jamie. I'm sure many of us can relate but I've had creepy male colleagues in the past imply we would be an item if I were single and it's a) grim but b) laughable when you're like errr sorry, even if I had been single my entire life I would never, ever, ever go out with you! 🤢

Can't help but think of the genders were flipped people would find this way creepier, especially when she is going on about it YEARS after they worked together!!!

• Haha

leabytottle

VIP Member
So Joel has reposted a TikTok from a west end actor called Nay-Nay, who is basically justifying the video. Hes saying that people aren’t poking fun, they’re saying the can relate to the girl…. Hhhhmmm I don’t think people would be doing it so sarcastically (like Joel) if that was the case. OR they’d have put a title saying “This reminded me of ME as a child. Keep on practicing and training, and you’ll be on the stage in no time” (or something similar). Have any of them done that? Nope! They’ve just hopped on a trend, without thinking of the aftermath for that child’s self esteem. The actor them goes on to say that the videos will actually HELP her, as in 10 years time, all she’ll need to do it duet the video with herself.
What a naive and ignorant thing to suggest. What he’s saying there is, if when she’s older, if the diet gets big enough on social media, due to being ridiculed as a child by people she looks up to, she’ll get cast in shows?!?
Just remember JOEL has agreed with this. If he didn’t think he was in the wrong, why has he taken it down?
What a knob

• Angry
  • Sick

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
It's been a while so just a casual bingo update. I've finally crossed off them attempting to be parent influencers since they're tagging so many brands (the lactation cookies were the final nail in that coffin) and them saying that parenting is hard (because omg a 7 week old baby is crying and doesn't follow her schedule!!!!!! The disrespect!!!!)
View attachment 2888730
Whenever you create these bingo cards I always think “These are so ridiculous we’ll never get that many, maybe 1 or 2” and I’m always surprised at how many predictions we actually get right. They’re mad!

• Haha
  • Heart

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
I thought the same! He’s either copied it or Carrie wrote it for him. Either way, it’s not written by him. For starters there’s no exclamation marks, and it’s all correctly spelt and has cohesion to it. This is not how he usually writes at all
It’s funny isn’t it that he’s become such a cliche. We are so used to his ridiculously OTT way of writing that something which is written like a human with an actual grasp of English makes us immediately think “nah. Not John”

• Haha

lablife54

She’ll have justified it because they had mutual friends, so in her head she knew him. Also, Scott was there too, don’t forget, and Rob? So essentially it was just another wait and stray
Didn’t she say they had been chatting for a bit and then she got drunk and messaged him saying she was bored and was he going to ask her out already? I think she was trying to rush this from the get go

• Sick
  • Haha

ASAnigel

VIP Member
The way no one can take any accountability or just apologise and say they made a mistake, and instead are saying “they’ll be fine” or “they’ll be famous later” is giving me “it’s not bullying we’re just having a laugh” and “it’s character building (🤢)” vibes.

it’s not banter or just having a joke of the subject of the joke is not laughing or in on it. Can’t believe this actually needs explaining to adults when there’s been so much focus on mental health etc in the past few years.

• Angry

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Thanks for the tattle update, Carrie, I totally believe now that you do have friends and leave the house occasionally 😂

• Haha

lottiekarotti

The thing is, it's so easy to be them. John could've made a video simply saying that it wasn't his intention to mock a child, that he was just jumping on a trend he saw others do, but that he's really sorry after multiple people pointed out that that's what it was - intention or not. Done and done, people will like you for it. But noooo, the Montagues can never be wrong! Never made a mistake in their lives! Doubling down is their only coping mechanism.

wordzalad

VIP Member
Her fans are so weirdly parasocial. I’ve never posted on my story for people I knows anniversary let alone an influencer 😭💀