Carrie Hope Fletcher #96 I am my own best friend

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this isnā€™t an MT thread, but as Joel has got himsekf involved by reposting, but Nay Nay is NOT understanding why people are saying itā€™s bullying. Makes it even worse that he responded to a comment saying;

ā€œFun fact, a lot of theatre kids thrive from the attention, especially this literal TikTok generation. I should know, Iā€™ve taught 1000ā€™s of themā€

what a pillock! Hes shot himself in the foot by ā€œa lot of theatre kidsā€. Not ALL theatre kids. The fact heā€™s taught/teaching and is a bully. I hope he reflects on what heā€™s saying before he ā€œteachesā€ again.
Hes putting the blame on her parents for allowing the video to be recorded. Iā€™m pretty sure the parents and child thought that video would be seen by the parents and families if the kids on the show, NOT a load of people on TikTok. Sheā€™s not even old enough to be on TikTok.

Joel, please read this. YOU are saying his views are the same as yours, by reposting. I hope you realise that children are vulnerable and youā€™re mocking a CHILD

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Someone should bring this up years from now when Carrie inevitably has a breakdown on Instagram stories about people comparing Mabel to her ugly sperm donor father

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I know this isnā€™t an MT thread, but as Joel has got himsekf involved by reposting, but Nay Nay is NOT understanding why people are saying itā€™s bullying. Makes it even worse that he responded to a comment saying;

ā€œFun fact, a lot of theatre kids thrive from the attention, especially this literal TikTok generation. I should know, Iā€™ve taught 1000ā€™s of themā€

what a pillock! Hes shot himself in the foot by ā€œa lot of theatre kidsā€. Not ALL theatre kids. The fact heā€™s taught/teaching and is a bully. I hope he reflects on what heā€™s saying before he ā€œteachesā€ again.
Hes putting the blame on her parents for allowing the video to be recorded. Iā€™m pretty sure the parents and child thought that video would be seen by the parents and families if the kids on the show, NOT a load of people on TikTok. Sheā€™s not even old enough to be on TikTok.

Joel, please read this. YOU are saying his views are the same as yours, by reposting. I hope you realise that children are vulnerable and youā€™re mocking a CHILD
She isn't a theatre kid, she is a primary school child at an after school club, how hard is it for him to understand?

• Sad
Reactions: 46
So disappointed, love Rob Madge šŸ˜ž šŸ˜­

I agree Hannah has gotten too big for her boots too.
Gutted by Rob too. At first I thought "Good on them for apologising" but ew, after arguing with everybody in the comments first? No, duck off!

I could never stand Hannah - she's always been so smug and faux perky, and I honestly feel her performance is quite wooden and awkward whatever role she plays (reason she's never cast as a lead...) Plus her fans are Swiftie level of delusional.

Reactions: 14
Dear Joel

This is how you lip sync. You see, the audio and the visual are in unison and it looks like the guy is saying the words the female is saying. That's called lip syncing

(Also, is this similar to Joel's style of teaching I wonder)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Gutted by Rob too. At first I thought "Good on them for apologising" but ew, after arguing with everybody in the comments first? No, duck off!

I could never stand Hannah - she's always been so smug and faux perky, and I honestly feel her performance is quite wooden and awkward whatever role she plays (reason she's never cast as a lead...) Plus her fans are Swiftie level of delusional.

In response to a tiktok calling out MT performers. Another tiktok was made by a woman, complaining that he was singling Hannah out. Obviously on this woman's tiktok, they were all defending Hannah and said they will always defend her šŸ™„. She is a grown adult who can look after herself and be accountable for her own actions. Personally, I never felt he was singling Hannah out. What they need to consider is that she has a young fan base and does workshops. I doubt she would be in SIX if it wasn't for her tiktok following.

I just think it is heartbreaking, the children potentially looked up to her and asked to see her in her shows for birthdays, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think itā€™s the way the entitled prick is saying the anger is misdirected and saying the blame should be firmly placed on the poster.
Iā€™m sure when they posted they didnā€™t think ADULTS would take the piss out of a 10 year old. The mother has said she is distressed. READ THE ROOM.
By liking NayNayā€™s post Joel has just reinforced everyoneā€™s thoughts of him here. To think of Joel Montague of Curtain Call and Nay Nay of god knows where ā€˜teachingā€™ children makes my blood boil.
As a parent I wouldnā€™t want my children near either of them and their skewed view of ā€˜teachingā€™ resilience in ā€˜theatre kidsā€™
Children have plenty of time to learn in the school of hard knocks when they reach adulthood. Childhood community theatre should be magical, a safe space to grow and have fun. Their teachers should be supportive and encourage expression without fear not destroy confidence.
I think one thing this has sharply highlighted is the amount of ā€˜teachersā€™ without proper teaching qualifications flogging a pipe dream without the teaching skills or proper pastoral skills.
More regulation is urgently needed with all these Aldi Abby Lees around.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Joel on that hype train posting constant reels.. he really is suffering from the lack of attention now Mini Me is hear eh.

Reactions: 16
Happy to encourage children as long as theyā€™re paying you and your Karen wife eh John? If theyā€™re not paying youā€™ll just be nasty and mock them

Reactions: 33
Dear Gary and John when Mabel is about 10 and decides to go to an after school drama club to boost her confidence, shall I get all my friends to post pisstakes of her online?

You 2 are vile people along with every other musical theatre so called star that shared this.

The girl doesn't even want to go into theatre, she joined the club to boost her confidence.

How would you as so called parents feel if you daughter was plastered all over TIKTOK and people were taking the piss out of her?

Neither of you can accept criticism, even though you are nothing special, it is only because of your stalker fans that you still have a job John and Carrie you are past it, an angry individual, who would want to work with you?

THIS PLAY IS AN AMATEUR DRAMATICS PLAY, NOTHING MORE, KIDS HAVING FUN AFTER SCHOOL.

I have just actually asked her Mum about safe guarding issues at the school, as this should never have been put on TIKTOK.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Iā€™m not sure if anyone here follows Deanna on TikTok, but I saw her post a video of a ā€œboyfriend pov helping me learn my linesā€ using that same sound, but then seems to have deleted it pretty quickly and uploaded one saying how amazing the girl in the clip is, how sheā€™d help make her merch. I donā€™t think many people saw the first one, so people are applauding her picking this girl up instead of mocking herā€¦

the theatre world seems so incredibly exhausting to be a part of, but again, I wish people were just open and accountable

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I am honestly uncomfortable with all these WE stars just randomly setting up side hustles teaching when they have absolutely no training or qualifications, especially when it involves teaching kids. Just because you have received training in something (or not even that, in Carrieā€™s case!!) doesnā€™t mean you should be teaching it.

Professional Singing and dancing teachers spend years taking exams, training in how to teach, how to nurture talent and encourage improvement in their students, and constantly work on improving their skills. Yet some 24 year old knobhead who did 3 years at Arts Ed, has Les Mis ensemble and 2nd cover Eponine as their only theatre credit, thinks they can do the exact same thing? Nah.

It needs to be a lot more regulated.
---
Also, I donā€™t know who who originally uploaded that kids recording of Legally Blonde online in the first place, but they need to be held to account. I know there are lots of recordings of amateur productions online, which is an issue in itself (did all of those performers, who are normal people and NOT professionals, consent to it being posted?) but as this production involves very young children, whoever posted it really really should have known better and should be hauled across the coals. Itā€™s a safeguarding and consent nightmare. Did the children and their parents know it was going to be posted online? Did the parents give full consent? If not, itā€™s horrendous. If I was the parent of that little girl Iā€™d be seeking legal advice.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
It also goes to say that often parents consent to their kids being posted online because they hope they will only receive praise and admiration and tons of attention. Not sure if this is the case here, but Iā€™ve seen that happen. Then they are upset when thatā€™s not the case.

Everyone that mocked that girl is a piece of tit that should be ashamed of themselves and should know better than to be a bleeping bully. I wish there were some repercussions like their careers going down the drain, especially since some of them lead workshops or are in shows that are watched by kids.
That being said, I also feel parents should learn to protect their kids and that should be by keeping them off the internet completely. If this mother didnā€™t consent to her daughter being filmed or posted, she should definitely pursue legal action as this is a serious matter. If she did, hopefully she will keep her daughter off the internet next time and other parents can also use this terrible experience as an eye opener of the dangers of the internet (they go well beyond the obvious like predators).

In an ideal world, people should know better than to mock a child. But in the world we live in, itā€™s not the case so you have to try taking some precautions like keeping them offline.

I have to say I feel so lucky at being born in 1990 as I grew up before social media and it helped a lot. I have a few embarrassing photos which family took because it was fun to them (it wasnā€™t to me šŸ™„) but they are in an album in the bottom of some drawer and not plastered over social media with random people commenting.

I remember performing a song when I was 13 during music class, I was so nervous and I have no idea if I did a decent job or if I sucked, but no one was filming me so I felt it was a safe space and the whole experience ended there and then. If there were any comments in the days to follow, Iā€™ve completely forgotten about them. Same could be said for choir practice or performances when I was younger (9 to 12 years old). Or singing Christmas carols for family every Christmas.

Kids nowadays have it much worse, there are hardly any safe spaces with people filming and sharing practically everything. šŸ˜­

Reactions: 19
It also goes to say that often parents consent to their kids being posted online because they hope they will only receive praise and admiration and tons of attention. Not sure if this is the case here, but Iā€™ve seen that happen. Then they are upset when thatā€™s not the case.

Everyone that mocked that girl is a piece of tit that should be ashamed of themselves and should know better than to be a bleeping bully. I wish there were some repercussions like their careers going down the drain, especially since some of them lead workshops or are in shows that are watched by kids.
That being said, I also feel parents should learn to protect their kids and that should be by keeping them off the internet completely. If this mother didnā€™t consent to her daughter being filmed or posted, she should definitely pursue legal action as this is a serious matter. If she did, hopefully she will keep her daughter off the internet next time and other parents can also use this terrible experience as an eye opener of the dangers of the internet (they go well beyond the obvious like predators).

In an ideal world, people should know better than to mock a child. But in the world we live in, itā€™s not the case so you have to try taking some precautions like keeping them offline.

I have to say I feel so lucky at being born in 1990 as I grew up before social media and it helped a lot. I have a few embarrassing photos which family took because it was fun to them (it wasnā€™t to me šŸ™„) but they are in an album in the bottom of some drawer and not plastered over social media with random people commenting.

I remember performing a song when I was 13 during music class, I was so nervous and I have no idea if I did a decent job or if I sucked, but no one was filming me so I felt it was a safe space and the whole experience ended there and then. If there were any comments in the days to follow, Iā€™ve completely forgotten about them. Same could be said for choir practice or performances when I was younger (9 to 12 years old). Or singing Christmas carols for family every Christmas.

Kids nowadays have it much worse, there are hardly any safe spaces with people filming and sharing practically everything. šŸ˜­
Agree, and to go back slightly on what I originally said - even if the parents and kids did say it was ok for it to be posted, that doesnā€™t make it ok. It goes back to what we were saying a while ago about family vloggers and parents posting their children online: the child cannot legally consent, and the parent doesnā€™t really have the right to consent to it on their behalf when itā€™s something that could be seen worldwide by millions of people and follow them around for life. So keep your bleeping kids offline.

Obviously the theatre actors taking the piss out of that child are horrible arseholes. But the adults in that girlā€™s life who allowed this to happen in the first place have failed her massively too.

Reactions: 17
Yes, keep any footage and private information about your kids offline to cut the issue at the root. šŸ™…šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ™…šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Carrie would do well to learn this, she and John are not the only bullies out there and Mabel could be on the receiving end some day. And I mean even for things like being called a boob shark, keeping the face offline but posting private info is just as bad. Keep things private people!!

Reactions: 18