Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe people were asking her when she’s going back to work after having the baby because they want to know how much time they have to see shows before she gets her mitts back into them?**

** which is crazy because her days in popular shows are all but done

• Haha
Reactions: 13
'Benefit from you' is weird wording, surely she benefits (financially) from her fans 🤷‍♀️
She makes it sound as though she slaves away for free, under duress! Cheeky so and so, she literally works in her industry purely for the accolades and financial rewards! Then she has the audacity to call her long-suffering fans entitled 😁

How many months was it between her break up with Oliver and first date/Joel moving in? Enough time to do any self-reflection/healing? Doesn't sound like it. Was it even 4 or 6 months?

I actually think she'll do okay on this tour despite all the ridiculous travel (not very fair on the baby and probably not recommended to be in a car seat that long).

She'll get more help than she otherwise would staying at home, at Lambert Jackson's expense (including Debbie Furlough Fletcher's 24hr on-call wage). We know Carrie doesn't like to put her hand in her pocket so this will equate to 2-3 weeks of having a free full time nanny. She'll feel like she's doing her mum a favour as she's getting paid too. Maybe she'll have LJ cover Debbie's part time wage during rehearsals in London. It equates to a nice little break from the drudgery of motherhood 🤷‍♀️ Her job isn't anywhere near as arduous as most mums returning to work and it's only a 2-3 week stint for a few hours a day (the downside being the travel).

Carrie will get to live out her best actress-y life, enjoy superior travel and accommodations, have minimal mum-guilt as grandma will have the baby in her hotel room and be doing fabulous enriching activities while Carrie rehearses/prats about backstage/lingers at stage door/goes out for food with her team, Danny or a visiting Joel and dips in and out occasionally to see her daughter. I'd assume grandma/the nanny will also have the baby overnight so Carrie will be well rested.

I'm not trying to mum shame, I just think it won't be Carrie taking on the practical or emotional burden of parenting on tour (yet she'll pretend to be 'doing it all' 💪). It'll be Debbie and/or a paid nanny.

Compare this to the same month spent at home. She'd probably get some regular help from Debbie but maybe not every day and not overnights. Joel would be around but possibly getting on her nerves. Maybe he'd be out at rehearsals if his Hamilton contract is coming to a close, ditto Scott and his career pursuits, leaving her alone at home (because no friends and no inclination/organisation to get out and about or attend baby groups). Going on tour with all this free stuff provided and plenty of pandering not to mention low pressure as she's simply rambling about herself each night (no lines remember and probably songs she's sung a thousand times before) sounds infinitely more exciting and glamorous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
This has really irritated me, it's not "soooooo annoying", it's discriminatory. It's not a minor inconvenience. I don't even want to go and it's pissed me off!
I can’t believe there were no disabled access tickets on pre-sale, clearly disabled access was an afterthought to the production team and ticket retailers 🙄

Reactions: 18
Wonder if she's petitioned WOS to start a "best stagey baby" award yet.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
She did NOT just answer yet another question about Oliver?? Oh my god Carrie. Let. It. Go.
She absolutely didn't need to bring up her break up or her ex. She's supposedly happily married and literally bringing a new life into this world. She should not still be going on about her ex!

I really wish she'd taken the time to be single and heal and find herself rather than dive straight into this completely mad relationship with Shrek.

Reactions: 35
Maybe people were asking her when she’s going back to work after having the baby because they want to know how much time they have to see shows before she gets her mitts back into them?**

** which is crazy because her days in popular shows are all but done
Is there a musical of the Twits? They'd walk into the roles of Mr and Mrs Twit if they fancied it.

• Haha
She did NOT just answer yet another question about Oliver?? Oh my god Carrie. Let. It. Go.
She absolutely didn't need to bring up her break up or her ex. She's supposedly happily married and literally bringing a new life into this world. She should not still be going on about her ex!

I really wish she'd taken the time to be single and heal and find herself rather than dive straight into this completely mad relationship with Shrek.
When will she learn that she doesn’t need to answer every question?!

I'm almost thinking she'll bring the baby out onto the stage for a couple of shows, if she's awake and not crying. As a sort of finale to the theme of love and to create a few headlines.

Reactions: 8
I’m doubling down.
Half of this thread could have been written in the 1950s.
Jesus, at 8 months old a lot of babies mum’s leave the house at 7am and aren’t back until 6pm - 5 days a week.
She’ll be on stage for a few hours for two weeks. Calm down.

I’m doubling down.
Jesus, at 8 months old a lot of babies mum’s leave the house at 7am and aren’t back until 6pm - 5 days a week.
Again, its Carrie

Normal mums? absolutely could handle this. Carrie, who can barely function on a daily basis? Whole other kettle of fish.

Reactions: 33
And if Joel wanted to lug the baby along on a two week (it’s 2.5 weeks actually) tour? I’d say exactly the same thing. Nothing 1950’s about it.

Reactions: 22
Again, its Carrie

Normal mums? absolutely could handle this. Carrie, who can barely function on a daily basis? Whole other kettle of fish.
True. Although she’ll probably have a nanny, her mum and Dad and Joel will take holiday.

Reactions: 1
How many months was it between her break up with Oliver and first date/Joel moving in? Enough time to do any self-reflection/healing? Doesn't sound like it. Was it even 4 or 6 months?
Four months. And Carrie admitted that she had immediately jumped into dating apps after the breakup because she didn’t want to stay single. She wasn’t interested in self-reflection or healing. This is why I disagree with the „she was vulnerable and Joel took advantage of her“ narrative. While she was in no state to date again, she was looking for a Oliver replacement and found Joel.

Reactions: 27
I'm getting the impression she thinks a 7 month old baby is like a 3-4 year old.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m doubling down.
I'm not judging her for going on tour when the baby is seven months old, I'm judging her for taking a baby on a ridiculously routed tour at seven months old.

Reactions: 35
Four months. And Carrie admitted that she had immediately jumped into dating apps after the breakup because she didn’t want to stay single. She wasn’t interested in self-reflection or healing. This is why I disagree with the „she was vulnerable and Joel took advantage of her“ narrative. While she was in no state to date again, she was looking for a Oliver replacement and found Joel.
Joel, the Tesco value version of Oliver

• Haha
Reactions: 6
i’ve just googled the last 5 dates on her tour and put them on a map and it is so painfully inefficient.
she’s doing glasgow to salford (3 and a half hour drive) to go back up north to gateshead (2 and a half hour drive) to go back south to birmingham (3 and a half hour drive) to go BACK NORTH to edinburgh (5 hour drive)!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I'm getting the impression she thinks a 7 month old baby is like a 3-4 year old.
She thinks the baby won’t need feeding times, or diaper changes. A baby isn’t self sufficient. I get loads of performers have young kids, but she’s acting like once the baby is seven months old, she’ll have moved passed meltdowns.

I babysit for my cousins kid who’s almost 3, and he still has really bad separation anxiety along with meltdowns.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.