Carrie Hope Fletcher #74 Wedding a mess, WTF was that dress, where the love is - that's anyone's guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I posted this before, but it’s still relevant and explains so much. She has such an inferiority complex. She feels inferior to Tom bc he’s massively successful, while she’s……not. He married his high school sweetheart whereas she is a serial romancer.

I think she put massive amounts of weird self imposed rules and pressures on herself, just so she can even compare herself to Tom.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

IMHO there's a fine line between using someone in your life as an inspiration to motivate you to better yourself and work towards achieving your dreams and goals and using others as a measure for what the steps you were meant to reach at a certain age. The first is positive, the latter leads to a deep sense of inadequacy.

Success means something different to everyone, your story doesn't have to be like someone else's. Understanding this is the only way to be happy with your life and not covet someone else's.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I just don’t understand. If she wanted something quirky, something like this would have been gorgeous. I still don’t buy the whole “spoopy witch” persona she’s putting on all of a sudden but surely this would have given the same vibe with a simple white dress under?

IMG_1811.jpeg

Reactions: 28
I can’t believe Carrie’s dress was so awful that we’ve almost given Joel a free pass on his outfit when he’s toading about like Toad of Toad Hall. Also what does it say on this placecard because it isn’t ‘Joel’ or ‘Groom’. Did they give themselves characters?!!

I think the fairground thing is quite cool because it’s nice to have something to do at a wedding but being strapped into this ride is ‘things you don’t want to do on your wedding day’ 101.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I didn't read the thread this weekend or yesterday but she got married? AGAIN? and in THAT DRESS??? my god. But i am finally caught up again

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe Carrie’s dress was so awful that we’ve almost given Joel a free pass on his outfit when he’s toading about like Toad of Toad Hall. Also what does it say on this placecard because it isn’t ‘Joel’ or ‘Groom’. Did they give themselves characters?!!

I think the fairground thing is quite cool because it’s nice to have something to do at a wedding but this is things you don’t want to do on your wedding day 101. It just looks wrong.
Toad of Toad Hall 🤣 I’ve been trying to figure out who he reminds me of and this is it exactly!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Well Matt Walsh is a twit and a homophobic and transphobic piece of human garbage but I think in Carries case he may be right
I agree he’s a piece of garbage, but every now and again he says something true. I also don’t think asking someone to define what a woman is should be a crime but that’s a conversation for a different thread.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Well Matt Walsh is a twit and a homophobic and transphobic piece of human garbage but I think in Carries case he may be right
It's the ONLY going to Disney world that is unusual for an adult. Or repeatedly going over and over again and generally being obsessed.

Once or twice is a novelty or a way to make up for the fact that you always wanted to go as a kid but never could.

Obsessive Disney adults likely have it as a special interest. Which is fine, but it's definitely a symptom of something else.

(I have no idea who this guy is and based on your description I'll keep it that way).

Reactions: 18
I can’t believe Carrie’s dress was so awful that we’ve almost given Joel a free pass on his outfit
He is dressed like a child dressed 'fancy' for their aunt's wedding, not a groom 😬

His jacket and shoes are bleeping ugly... And his trousers are too low from behind :sick:

Edit:
Also what does it say on this placecard because it isn’t ‘Joel’ or ‘Groom’
It says 'Grimaldi', don't know why

Joel outfit reminds me of this, except gross
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
It's the ONLY going to Disney world that is unusual for an adult. Or repeatedly going over and over again and generally being obsessed.

Once or twice is a novelty or a way to make up for the fact that you always wanted to go as a kid but never could.

Obsessive Disney adults likely have it as a special interest. Which is fine, but it's definitely a symptom of something else.

(I have no idea who this guy is and based on your description I'll keep it that way).
To be fair I’ve barely seen anything he said but it came up on my feed and I happen to agree with him. I have always thought adults who are overly obsessed with Disney, who could travel anywhere in the world but choose to go there, have mental health issues.
---
Also, hands down the worst wedding dress I’ve ever seen in my life. Hideous.

Reactions: 10
If you look on Carrie's tagged photos on Instagram you'll see a whole bunch of photos from the day

It looks like a lot of "main character" theatre kids where there 🤢
How long was this wedding planned and she only just recently made those book wreaths? And I'm sorry, I am genuinely trying to find something positive but those wreaths are just not doing it for me. So many things were half-assed (decorations, dry burgers, etc.), but then that dress just took it over the top. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you should is really my theme for that day smh.
---
I just don’t understand. If she wanted something quirky, something like this would have been gorgeous. I still don’t buy the whole “spoopy witch” persona she’s putting on all of a sudden but surely this would have given the same vibe with a simple white dress under?

View attachment 2365616
I was surprised she didn't go for the "In Every Universe" theme tbh, but she somehow managed to go with autumn in Sumner and the worst dress I've ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have nothing much to add about the monstrosity that is that dress other than the fact that it looks like a ballet dress that my little one wore for Halloween once when her costume of choice was “dead ballerina” 😂😂

Also, part of me feels like Tom only performed at the wedding (but not really a wedding) because CareBear performed at his

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 39
He is dressed like a child dressed 'fancy' for their aunt's wedding, not a groom 😬

His jacket and shoes are bleeping ugly... And his trousers are too low from behind :sick:

Edit:

View attachment 2365673
Screenshot_20230808_133143_Chrome.jpg

Another actor - and another one who died while suffering with alcoholism. Is that her wedding theme? And is that an appropriate place-name for the groom?

Side note: I hopped on this thread in a bored moment but boy was it worth is. The dress?? The decorations?? The THEME (alcoholic thespians?)??

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Edit:

View attachment 2365673
Hopefully that’s someone else’s spot and Joel was just resting. Because the history of the Grimaldi family is pretty grim. (By my count that’s two curses on the wedding…)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Carrie can't even give a convincing fake smile in any of the photos I've seen, she looks like she's being held hostage. Oof.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The only other Grimaldi I can also think of are the royal family Julie Andrews is part of in Princess Diaries. So it's either a Disney reference or as others have pointed out another ghost.

Reactions: 15
I don't think I've ever seen more of a performance of a wedding. Not even from actual, talented actors. They made the biggest circus out of their celebration, after claiming that's not what they wanted.

Reactions: 29
Hopefully that’s someone else’s spot and Joel was just resting. Because the history of the Grimaldi family is pretty grim. (By my count that’s two curses on the wedding…)
YIKES. You’d think they’d have looked into these things a bit more thoroughly

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.