Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An older video came up on my recommended and in it she mentioned that she had just hit half a million subscribers but then I realised the video was uploaded in June 2014 when she was still living in her parents house... now I’m in no way saying it’s all about the numbers and I would hate it if someone pointed this out to me but it was just something I never quite thought about until she said it in the video considering it’s now, wether consciously or not, explicitly tied into her work more now than it was then

Also I thought she’d have gained so many more during Heathers than she may have actually done considering that video I found was actually just before she was even allowed to clog properly backstage in Les Mis so I’m assuming it’s fluctuated a lot - apologies for the ramble

Reactions: 1
Seeing her reblog all the pride stuff annoys me because I will never forget her claiming she was not straight (and deleting all her claims before thay she was an ally) and calling herself heteroflexible because what if she cant see herself dating a woman! She likes to kiss female friends when drunk!
Exactly how I feel. It's the worst.

Sue the government? For money? Money which will be paid by the generations who are already going to be paying back the money the pandemic has cost us in needed support?
ALW can bleeping get in the bin.
bleeping hell - this - absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9
Exactly this! That comment was predictably sexist

Lol at Carrie sharing this. * Sings * 🎵 Carrie you're not queer just because you kiss your female friends when drunk. You're every straight woman ever 🎵
How patronising of her
I don’t think most people think Pride is about rainbows and parades.
Instead of reposting why not try some independent thought for a change?

Reactions: 2
I lived in at work for the majority of the pandemic, working 90 hours a week. I’ve paid almost £4k in tax for last year. If my really hard-earned money, that I made by exhausting myself through a health crisis, go towards ALW and his hissy fit about the theatre, I’m going to be absolutely livid. Why do Tories hate poor people?? 😡😡😡

Reactions: 11
Far Too Late has been released - cast recording version and a single version (are they hoping to make the charts?). It’s probably the least awful song they’ve released but I still don’t find Carrie’s voice an easy listen with those high notes. At least she’s not shouting this time.

Reactions: 2
Film cans? Do you mean projectionist? It's quite a few years since most cinemas have had any of those, since digital projection came in it's all done on timers, or a PC in the manager's office. But yea I get your point, most cinemas these days operate on a skeleton staff of a handful of people to sell popcorn and ice cream, check tickets, and if you're lucky clean up spilled popcorn. Whereas most theatre shows have way more people backstage that you don't see, than the cast you do see. Not to mention all the ushers and bar staff.
I couldn’t think of the word lol thanks 😂

Long rant incoming 😂

I’m on a Heathers hype and was just watching the West End Live performance and oh my god I forgot just HOW much Carrie over-acts. I got so much second-hand embarrassment. The way she says ‘Fine, we’re damaged, really damaged, but that does not make us wise’ etc. was SO over-acted. She really can’t act for tit, why does she keep being cast in big roles?? It’s almost as bad as watching AJ and Curtis in Hollyoaks. 😂 She’s such a GCSE performer but because she’s made a name for herself (because of her YouTube channel her name basically became a brand) she keeps getting lead roles. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I was watching everyone else’s performance in that video and everyone else is made for the theatre. All the lead roles are cast perfectly, apart from Veronica obviously. She absolutely sticks out like a sore thumb. During ‘Shine a Light’, all I could focus on were her exaggerated expressions. I said yesterday that she only has three facial expressions and god I was right. The ensemble all acted naturally and then there’s Carrie parading about like someone who is only there because she won a competition. It’s a shame because when she sings softly in ‘Seventeen’, her voice is great and when she’s not trying to singer louder or ‘act’ more than everyone else on stage, she’s good. But then she immediately switched back into that one weird angry expression she does and then does the weird eyebrow-raise side-smirk one (she does that one ALL THE TIME IT DRIVES ME INSANE!!!) and starts spitting out her words into poor Jamie Muscato’s face.

So wish I saw Olivia Moore, the bootlegs I’ve seen online (naughty I know) of her made me wish I saw her as Veronica because she was flawless. And Jodie Steele, Sophie Isaacs, T’Shan Williams, Jamie Muscato, Jenny O’Leary, Rebecca Locke, EVERYONE else was amazing in their roles. And then. Carrie. Charlotte Jaconelli, who played the stoner chick in the ensemble, has incredible vocals (check out her solo album, it’s amazing). Olivia Moore and Charlotte Jaconelli were so much more suited to the role (don’t even think Jaconelli played her as she was understudy for Fleming and Martha, but I think she would have been so good). It’s such a shame how Carrie so blatantly tries to hog the limelight, as if being stunt-casted wasn’t enough for her.

Carrie is for Heathers was David Hasselhoff was for 9 to 5. It’s frustrating because there are so many better actresses who could have gotten that role. So many better actresses that could have played Wednesday and Truly and could play Cinderella. But they give it to the one with the (bought) social media followers so they can slap her name on the poster and sell tickets. She is better suited to the ‘sad’ roles. By that I mean characters who have tragic stories like Eponine and Fantine. They were played well and they were sung well. I never saw her as Eponine but I’m going by the bootlegs (again soz) but I did see her as Fantine (this is shortly after I’d stopped being a fan so if she is reading this I don’t want her to think that I went to see HER as, much to her dismay, it’s Les Miserables, not The Carrie Show where everybody goes to see Carrie) and I was so surprised by how good she was in that. Then she goes for the American ‘feisty’ ‘not like other girls’ ‘doesn’t play by the rules’ roles and she becomes so tacky and the attempt at acting is just desperate. She made her name in the West End in Les Mis and I think that’s where she belongs, until she’s too old to play Eponine and Fantine. Then she should consider acting lessons while sponsoring sweet treats online.

Edit - Just wanted to add that I genuinely don’t think she gets stunt-casted because her brother is in McFly because that wouldn’t have been on her CV (or whatever the actor version of a CV is, I’m sure it has a name lol). But in the theatre programs, where they do a little bio about each actor, it has their credits and where they trained. In Carrie’s (in EVERY one I’ve seen) it has her acting credits and then says how many social media followers she has, which I always found weird. Why is it relevant to the show? Goes to show that she’s stunt-casted for her social media fame. She bangs on about how ‘I didn’t get into theatre because of my brother’ and that’s true because she was doing theatre before McFly was a thing. But she either doesn’t want to admit, or is in denial, about the fact she IS stunt-casted. And it’s because of her social media following. Which I think is why she spends so much money on increasing the numbers. So she doesn’t appear irrelevant online. Because then she will find it harder to get roles.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Ok so here’s the thing Les Mis sells itself whoever is in the cast it will always sell out regardless. Of the 4 names which supposedly sold the recent concert BALL BOE LUCAS ... Fletcher will have caused a bit of head scratching to the vast public.
She was stunt cast in Heathers and her young fan base bought cheap tickets for a small theatre and the run sold out (the other palace seats 300) and a lot of people returned to watch on repeat.
NOW... the Gillian Lynne is a big theatre...
The top price seats are over £100
I can’t see her ‘fan base’ bought or otherwise being able to sustain sales alone there. Once initial interest in the new ALW show in town wears off who is gonna buy the high priced tickets? Even School of Rock which was far better known had days when the balcony was closed due to lack of sales and shows with kids in them SELL.
Watch this space...

Outside of musical theatre Ms Fletcher isn’t as well known as she imagines.

Reactions: 14
Ok so here’s the thing Les Mis sells itself whoever is in the cast it will always sell out regardless. Of the 4 names which supposedly sold the recent concert BALL BOE LUCAS ... Fletcher will have caused a bit of head scratching to the vast public.
She was stunt cast in Heathers and her young fan base bought cheap tickets for a small theatre and the run sold out (the other palace seats 300) and a lot of people returned to watch on repeat.
NOW... the Gillian Lynne is a big theatre...
The top price seats are over £100
I can’t see her ‘fan base’ bought or otherwise being able to sustain sales alone there. Once initial interest in the new ALW show in town wears off who is gonna buy the high priced tickets? Even School of Rock which was far better known had days when the balcony was closed due to lack of sales and shows with kids in them SELL.
Watch this space...

Outside of musical theatre Ms Fletcher isn’t as well known as she imagines.
Exactly! I think when an audience cheers loudly when she comes on stage, she probably thinks she’s this amazing star with a flurry of people who love her acting when actually is mostly just her subscribers who bought tickets to see her because they like her vlogs, with the majority of the audience being like ‘What is happening’ because they probably just wanted to see a popular show and instead they got a bunch of teenagers screaming at the worst actor in the show who, to many people’s confusion, got the lead role. I know this because I was one of these fans (I wasn’t one of the screaming teenagers though thank god). I’ve always been a massive theatre fan but I used to be the person who, when I had to choose a show to see, I’d always pick the one she was in because I wanted to see my then-favourite YouTuber. Whereas now it actually puts me off when she is in a show.

Reactions: 9
Maybe they'll do a gender bender Les Mis and Carrie can be Javert. If the revolution came and we all rose up against ALW and his pals, Carrie would be more likely to be Javert than Fantine or Eponine.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

She hit that high note so effortlessly, it sounds like they've gone back to the broadway version of DGW which proves it was a stunt cast as CHF couldn't reach that note!

Reactions: 10
I've actually been rewatching Heather's videos today and Carrie really does seem so worn out during it. Not everyone has the range for every part, even if they lower some of the notes for you. She couldn't go all the way up so she'd hit lower notes louder and it clearly took a toll. Early in the run she talks about "oh I got this cold" and it's like babe no you're overdoing it.

Also, I find it interesting how in the past she's referred to Addam's as her "uni experience" when in reality I think Heathers is too. The tit eating habits, all the coffee instead of breakfast, the goofing off, the sleeping in and then showing up to work early but tired, the constant sore throat, the flirting with other cast members shamelessly, the obsession with people screaming for her during Dead Girl walking, the collection of alcohol in her dressing room. It's all a little immature and attention seeking and self aggrandizing. The appropriate behavior for someone who is maybe 20 years old. Others in the cast are playing into it too obviously but I figure they go home and eat healthy, work out, and act like proper adults. I really do think she should have finished school, even if she didn't do uni. There's a time and a place for being silly and overdramatic and goofing off and I think if she'd done it at a younger age in a school type environment and gotten it out of her system she might be chiller and more mature now.

Reactions: 15

She hit that high note so effortlessly, it sounds like they've gone back to the broadway version of DGW which proves it was a stunt cast as CHF couldn't reach that note!
Love it. CB trained as a legit soprano so it will be effortless. She’s also very fit and works as a personal trainer.
A professional knows to sustain your body and voice on 8 shows a week - caffeine and alcohol are pretty much a no no. Can’t see her having a ‘uni experience’ while on this show.
Bat out of Hell was insane energy compared to Heathers and she was never ‘off’ so obviously knows how to look after herself.
CHF makes lots of (barely) veiled references how she felt forced to continue during Heathers even though she was ‘ill’ with ‘tonsillitis’
Problem is - singing outside your vocal range will also wreck your voice. Barret Wilbert Weed in Heathers is so iconic the pressure was probably there for C to sing it as written. The only recording is Barret so everyone knew it was taken down for Carrie.

Side note: Fantine basically sings one song in a whole show and Eponine a solo and a duet. She’s had an easy ride singing wise in musicals. Past roles haven’t had anywhere near as much singing as Veronica and now it seems Cinderella. I hope she will take care of her voice this show and invest in the serious vocal training all her counterparts did at drama school. It’s the only way to build up stamina and not get ‘tonsillitis’

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Love it. CB trained as a legit soprano so it will be effortless. She’s also very fit and works as a personal trainer.
A professional knows to sustain your body and voice on 8 shows a week - caffeine and alcohol are pretty much a no no. Can’t see her having a ‘uni experience’ while on this show.
Bat out of Hell was insane energy compared to Heathers and she was never ‘off’ so obviously knows how to look after herself.
CHF makes lots of (barely) veiled references how she felt forced to continue during Heathers even though she was ‘ill’ with ‘tonsillitis’
Problem is - singing outside your vocal range will also wreck your voice. Barret Wilbert Weed in Heathers is so iconic the pressure was probably there for C to sing it as written. The only recording is Barret so everyone knew it was taken down for Carrie.

Side note: Fantine basically sings one song in a whole show and Eponine a solo and a duet. She’s had an easy ride singing wise in musicals. Past roles haven’t had anywhere near as much singing as Veronica and now it seems Cinderella. I hope she will take care of her voice this show and invest in the serious vocal training all her counterparts did at drama school. It’s the only way to build up stamina and not get ‘tonsillitis’
CB sounds great. I’m guessing it will be hard for Carrie to avoid the comparisons of the WE and the tour Veronicas in the coming months, fans will likely do those youtube montages of bootlegs with “who sang it best” etc. It’s blatantly clear she was stunt cast.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.