Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can’t see where she could possibly go next. Maybe the Narrator in Joseph?🤔

Reactions: 3
I just can’t see where she could possibly go next. Maybe the Narrator in Joseph?🤔
:ROFLMAO: she'll have to step over Sheridan Smith and Alexandra Burke's cold dead bodies first!

Linzi Hateley will own that role forever.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think she’ll get to an age where she won’t be able to play Fantine or Eponine anymore and will have to wait a decade or so to be considered for Madame T. So it’s interesting to think about who she could play in that in-between stage, when she’s not guaranteed a Les Mis job. I also don’t know if she’s funny enough to play Madame T anyway unfortunately. That role is played by actresses who excel in comedic acting.

I think she still has loads of roles she could get. She could perhaps play Miss Honey in Matilda? She’s got that sort of teacher look. Baker’s Wife in Into the Woods, Nancy in Oliver? Anything doesn’t involve her god awful attempt at an American accent.

I remember her saying they had accent coaches and that she had a different accent when she played Veronica to when she played Wednesday. I saw both shows (when I was still a fan of her) and her accents were exactly the same and stood out as the worst amongst the casts.

This is why I am a strong believer in understudies being just as good, or often better, in a role. I’ve seen a lot of shows and therefore a lot of understudies playing lead roles and I have never ever been disappointed and a lot of my favourite performances have been from understudies. Carrie has airs and graces from ‘never being an ensemble member or an understudy’ but that doesn’t mean she’s the better actress, quite the opposite in my opinion.

Reactions: 9
:ROFLMAO: she'll have to step over Sheridan Smith and Alexandra Burke's cold dead bodies first!

Linzi Hateley will own that role forever.
😂 I’m really hoping she doesn’t though, Joseph has a special place in my heart and I feel like she would spent the entire show singing over everyone else again.

How much do I wish that Linzi was the Narrator full time though?!

Reactions: 2
I think she’ll get to an age where she won’t be able to play Fantine or Eponine anymore and will have to wait a decade or so to be considered for Madame T. So it’s interesting to think about who she could play in that in-between stage, when she’s not guaranteed a Les Mis job. I also don’t know if she’s funny enough to play Madame T anyway unfortunately. That role is played by actresses who excel in comedic acting.

I think she still has loads of roles she could get. She could perhaps play Miss Honey in Matilda? She’s got that sort of teacher look. Baker’s Wife in Into the Woods, Nancy in Oliver? Anything doesn’t involve her god awful attempt at an American accent.

I remember her saying they had accent coaches and that she had a different accent when she played Veronica to when she played Wednesday. I saw both shows (when I was still a fan of her) and her accents were exactly the same and stood out as the worst amongst the casts.

This is why I am a strong believer in understudies being just as good, or often better, in a role. I’ve seen a lot of shows and therefore a lot of understudies playing lead roles and I have never ever been disappointed and a lot of my favourite performances have been from understudies. Carrie has airs and graces from ‘never being an ensemble member or an understudy’ but that doesn’t mean she’s the better actress, quite the opposite in my opinion.
I’ve been watching some videos from people who have been swings in multiple shows. I have even more respect for them than people who just do leading roles!

Reactions: 8
😂 I’m really hoping she doesn’t though, Joseph has a special place in my heart and I feel like she would spent the entire show singing over everyone else again.

How much do I wish that Linzi was the Narrator full time though?!
Or Maria freidman who was the Narrator in the movie version!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Maybe she could be that old biddy in a shawl who cuts Fantine’s hair off.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t know or care which roles she might move on to but I recall that in the past she said her plan was to write a “tell all” book about her life and experiences when she turns 30. I believe she even implied that the book could make it hard for her to continue in theatre because of what she would write/expose about her experiences. Anyone else remember this?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t know or care which roles she might move on to but I recall that in the past she said her plan was to write a “tell all” book about her life and experiences when she turns 30. I believe she even implied that the book could make it hard for her to continue in theatre because of what she would write/expose about her experiences. Anyone else remember this?
😂😂😂 no way? She's barely lived, and she's had a privileged life. She should be careful, I'd say there's more chance of people doing a tell all about her. Also, aside from.her relatively small following who would really care. She isn't joan Collins or pati lupone

Or Maria freidman who was the Narrator in the movie version!!
Now you mention MF I could see Carrie as Marian in a revival of Woman In White another ALW
or maybe if Music Man comes over from Broadway Marian Paroo - another teacher type - no dancing and the comedy comes from the leading man
Unfortunately she’s ageing out of the you g female lead but doesn’t have the comedy required for the second lead character actress

A ‘tell all’ book
Living as the sister of ‘Tom from McFly’ might sell a few copies but then what? It’d be a bit of a niche read?

Does she have any concept of irony? She thrives off of portraying herself as soooo busy all of the time. It was all she would bang on about at one point
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this! She 100% perpetuated this "We have to be soo busy to be worthy" idea while pretending to be against it. I was tempted to write that to her, but she'd block me no matter how politely I'd phrase it 😅

Reactions: 4
I was at les mis tonight, and when listening to 'On my Own' it reminded me of how much i used to love Carrie's voice. she had so much power and now i feel as if that's gone and been replaced by volume. Shan was absolutely fantastic!! Lucie was also incredible and really made the show for me, also made me wonder what carrie was like as Fantine?? i really can't see her pulling off the emotion needed to play the role. it was nice to be back at the show after such a long time!!

Reactions: 13
Well I was in Waitrose this evening, those Guylian chocolate boxes she keeps "cracking open" :rolleyes: are £3.75. The exact same box.

I mean, Waitrose have single bars/slabs/tablets (or whatever word you want) of proper expensive chocolate that cost more than that.

Hardly the premium gifter then is she.

Reactions: 4
Just saw that the lovely Jodie Steele has been gifted doughnuts by ‘doughnut time’
Wonder how Ms F feels about others getting in on the act 😂
Side note: does doughnut time make ANY money selling these or are they just keeping the West End in free stodge?🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.