Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can’t get over how awful Carrie’s attempts at American accents are. Even with an accent coach??

Reactions: 6
I still can’t get over how awful Carrie’s attempts at American accents are. Even with an accent coach??
Agreed. From the Addams Family onwards. Although Oliver's accent in that was also pretty bad, and the accents of most of the other actors in Heathers also slipped often. Carrie and Jamie singing on the cast album in their "American accents" is cringe 😅

Reactions: 6
You can tell when someone has been stunt cast when they lower the score for them. Carly Rae Jepsen in R&H Cinderella comes to mind. Though I heard she was quite good. The fact that Christina is singing the original score tells you that is lowered for Carrie, not just the British cast.

Reactions: 10
Agreed. From the Addams Family onwards. Although Oliver's accent in that was also pretty bad, and the accents of most of the other actors in Heathers also slipped often. Carrie and Jamie singing on the cast album in their "American accents" is cringe 😅
For me it’s forgivable because Americans attempting British accents is painful 😂 I appreciate that it must be hard to keep up an accent that isn’t your own but Carrie’s was unforgivable.
You can tell when someone has been stunt cast when they lower the score for them. Carly Rae Jepsen in R&H Cinderella comes to mind. Though I heard she was quite good. The fact that Christina is singing the original score tells you that is lowered for Carrie, not just the British cast.
Yeah, sometimes stunt-casting works. My favourite version of Memory from Cats is Nicole Scherzinger. There was controversy when she got the role but she actually seemed to knock it out of the park. I think it’s perfectly fine to cast someone famous in an attempt to sell more tickets as long as that famous person is actually good. I remember how angry people were when Joe Sugg got the role of Ogie in Waitress but he was genuinely so good. I think that was fine because, as long as the person is good in the role, I don’t care how they got the part. They just have to be good.

Reactions: 15
I just listened to the new single version of Far Too Late and holy autotune Batman! And why the American accent? I much prefer the full length official audio. Love the strings in the instrumental bit- exactly what I wanted after I heard the original with just the piano. I kind of like the backing on the single version but the autotune is really distracting- it doesn’t even sound like Carrie. What are other peoples thoughts? X

Reactions: 4
I came here to post that! It did seem so effortless
I disagree. Sounded quite wild.

I just listened to the new single version of Far Too Late and holy autotune Batman! And why the American accent? I much prefer the full length official audio. Love the strings in the instrumental bit- exactly what I wanted after I heard the original with just the piano. I kind of like the backing on the single version but the autotune is really distracting- it doesn’t even sound like Carrie. What are other peoples thoughts? X
Totally agree, that vocal is hugely over processed. I'm really not enjoying anything about Cinderella.

Reactions: 5
Auto tuned...Over processed... well that’s gonna end well after a few weeks on stage...

Time for a VocalZones sponsorship?

Reactions: 2
For me it’s forgivable because Americans attempting British accents is painful 😂 I appreciate that it must be hard to keep up an accent that isn’t your own but Carrie’s was unforgivable.

Yeah, sometimes stunt-casting works. My favourite version of Memory from Cats is Nicole Scherzinger. There was controversy when she got the role but she actually seemed to knock it out of the park. I think it’s perfectly fine to cast someone famous in an attempt to sell more tickets as long as that famous person is actually good. I remember how angry people were when Joe Sugg got the role of Ogie in Waitress but he was genuinely so good. I think that was fine because, as long as the person is good in the role, I don’t care how they got the part. They just have to be good.
Unlike Cameron in mean girls. I had no idea who he was or that he had been stunt casted, i couldnt understand why he was singing so badly!

Reactions: 1
Auto tuned...Over processed... well that’s gonna end well after a few weeks on stage...i

Time for a VocalZones sponsorship?
Unlike Cameron in mean girls. I had no idea who he was or that he had been stunt casted, i couldnt understand why he was singing so badly!
I guess that’s the thing isn’t it
Cameron /Carrie - your average theatregoer wouldn’t have a clue who they were

Reactions: 3
I loved the comments about Cameron Dallas saying the casting directors thought they were hiring someone else.
In the case of Cameron, instead lowering the vocals, they took out half his vocals. I saw the clip of him and Renee Rapp doing Someone Gets Hurt, and he just stands there awkwardly while Renee is singing- in the original Aaron harmonises with Regina, not when Cameron joined. You have to wonder what they were thinking when they hired him!

Reactions: 2
I'm honestly waiting for the critic reviews. Scenery looks interestingly cool and kind of seeing the modern vibe they're trying to go for but am unsure of how its gonna work out :/ Still feeling that the whole show is gonna be dragged down by the songs and by performance.

Reactions: 3
lol at her latest video, "theatre books to read", just as an excuse to talk about her own book for five minutes at the end.

I think she is deliberately trolling us now to see if we react ... I've failed her test

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.