Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bertie272

I'll be very curious to know, when the new versions of Heathers come out will they keep the notes they lowered for Carrie, or raise them back up as they've actually got trained actresses who can hit them in a more healthy way

Reactions: 13

kev1974

VIP Member

Who reckons the suitcase was full of guylian chocolates, coffee pods, donut vouchers and other completely undeserved freebies?

Or is her claiming not to have picked up her mail from her agent in a year, her explanation for not being invited to take part in any of those ensemble youtube videos that were all the rage throughout lockdown.

I don't understant why the agent wouldn't just have bundled up her mail and sent it out to her once a month or whatever? Was she too tight to pay them to do it? It's not like London was the victim of a nuclear bomb so nobody could go there at all, there were still some people going in to offices? or getting post redirected to home offices and so on?

• Sick
  • Wow

bumblebee1696

I used to love Tom & Gi, I feel so disappointed right now. I know I said it in my last post, but all respect is absolutely gone. They should pay back every single penny.

I doubt Giovanna will see the shit she’s getting on Twitter and insta as she’s doing a hike or something for CoppaFeel. Hopefully Tom has some time to sit and read what people are saying. Absolutely disgusting.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
The book library thing reminds me of some weird post box thing she did for the Les Mis backstage, a while ago. I can't remember the specifics.

Carrie seems to love bomb people with gifts and compliments but to me it comes across as clingy. Same with the posing with male co-stars and placing her hand on their chest.

Lilu22

VIP Member
Reading the synopsis of the show, it looks like a bad fan fiction. Who even uses the term “sex god” anymore?🙈

Kitt

VIP Member
If I was Carrie or anyone else in the cast/crew I would not want to be associated with ALW or his show right now. He’s being completely and utterly selfish and stubborn and it reflects so badly on everyone in his show. If he does what he says and goes on regardless, Cinderella will only be known for this and it’s such negative press for the show and everyone involved.

It’s awful for everyone else who works so hard and needs to make a living but the show needs to do badly in order for ALW to not feel vindicated for what he did. He needs to learn a lesson.

Will be interesting to see what side Carrie’s on. She can’t surely support this attitude? Covid has been part of our lives for over a year now, everyone has sacrificed things, changed plans etc because of the laws. You can’t just decide it doesn’t apply to you at this point. It’s almost over we just need this last bit for everyone to keep going. People like ALW deciding it doesn’t matter anymore will be the reason the dates keep being pushed back or we end up back in lockdown when cases spike.

Reactions: 12

Divoka

She’s just been on Virgin Radio with Graham Norton. Her song choice for him to play was Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. He asked her why and she said “Because I am one”. 🙄.
Let it go, Carrie.
Lauren Byrne (cover Cinderella/Carrie’s new ‘friend’) and her group just announced their cover of FBG yesterday. And Carrie does this today? Find that pretty strange.

Attachments

• Wow

Kitt

VIP Member
Does she ever eat any fruit and veg? I know we don’t see her every meal but all we ever see at the moment is donuts and fizzy drinks and all that crap. Does she ever bring a little sad salad in a Tupperware to work like the rest of us? Lol

arty123

Chatty Member
ALW needs to calm the heck down! He's a multimillionaire with private health insurance not someone on the front line working paycheck to paycheck! I sometimes wonder has he weighed in on the 'I'll save theatre' because it gives his own productions the boost that they need? How else would he end up on the front of newspapers? CHF needs to have a quiet word in 'A' dog's ear (her name for him!!!) and tell him to wise up. If he were anyone else's boss she would be up in arms for putting his employees at risk and contradicting government guidelines. Not this time though, not a peep!

bumblebee1696

She’s all about the end result.

‘Must get good roles in theatre. Doesn’t matter if I can’t act.’
‘Must publish books. Doesn’t matter if they’re shit.’
‘Must become booktuber. Doesn’t matter if I don’t read books before recommending them.’
‘Must do Random Act of Kindness and send doughnuts to the cast of Six the Musical with an egotistical note about MYSELF and then brag about it social media so I look good. Doesn’t matter if I’m not actually the good person I’m trying to look like.’

• Haha

Kiwi179

Just had a good read of the article and it sounds as though the whole family are planning to visit Disney World again. They actually make me sick to my stomach. I’m sure they get I’ve always had bad vibes from The Fletchers. I can’t stand how smug they look all the time but now I feel a whole new level of hatred. Nice to see where my hard earned taxes have gone 😡

• Sick

jorja

And "barking mad" ... although when Carrie sings it half the audience think she's saying "fucking mad"
Forgot about that one! 🤢
Zippel really is a wonderfully modern lyricist isn’t he?
I suppose barking mad rhymes with bad and sad and nutter rhymes with mutter, utter and gutter it was probably just too tempting when he was looking in his year 6 rhyming dictionary.

As for Carrie’s poor diction while singing we’ve been here before in Heathers. But of course it’s not her fault it’ll be the public again for mishearing.
I’m remembering that lovely story thread she did about all the lyrics she personally has misheard over the years to justify her poor diction after someone asked her if the words were ‘heart of stone’ rather than the actual lyric ‘hard as stone’ in another of the Cinderella songs.

ChubbRub

Carrie definitely seems like the kind of person who would straighten your crown right before she drops the guillotine on your neck.

• Haha
  • Heart

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
Seeing her reblog all the pride stuff annoys me because I will never forget her claiming she was not straight (and deleting all her claims before thay she was an ally) and calling herself heteroflexible because what if she cant see herself dating a woman! She likes to kiss female friends when drunk!

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Referring back to ‘people give up too easily’- I know lots of extremely talented graduates of MT in the last couple of years who just can’t get agents, due to the pandemic the market is backlogged as agents can’t get work for their current clients. It’s not about ‘giving up’ it’s about a roof over their heads meaning they can’t currently pursue their passion. It’s nothing to do with being weak if anything it’s to do with not losing everything.
I do try to be kind about her because it’s not her fault she hasn’t got a clue but....she hasn’t got a clue.

jorja

It's certainly "far too late" to do anything about Bad Cinderella being performed numerous times with its "barking mad", "loon", "nutter" etc. But the least they could do is change it for the actual show
Agreed
It’s actually embarrassing how out of step those lyrics are
And sung by *the* advocate for wellness and positive mental health herself it’s just hypocritical. I’m literally waiting for her to dare post something promoting mental health.
If she was serious about the subject she’d refuse to sing them. Whatever the context there’s just no need for outdated harmful language like that. If she was in any way sincere at the very least she could talk to Andrew. Her singing it knowing that they make people uncomfortable makes it worse. And she has been called out on it on Twitter and on TheatreBoard ... and as we know she searches for her name so has no excuse.
Carrie if you’re reading this PLEASE make a positive change and get them to change the lyric.