Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
I'm glad she's slightly acknowledged her privilege but can't help but think all of this is saving face.

Cherry hasn't taken her video down (thankfully) so all those comments are still there for Carrie and everyone to see.

She really needs knocking down a peg or two.

Reactions: 11

sleepflowers

VIP Member
I’ve bought a couple of theatre tickets while I was under the impression that it would be socially distanced. I’m not comfortable sitting in a full theatre.
I have booked two - Hairspray on July 9th, socially distanced, and Carousel in August - which is outside AND socially distanced! It will be a very gradual thing back to full capacity I'd imagine, or I'd hope so. Don't know why ALW can't just do that and still open.

Thats because she is an author and a book person don't you know. She can't be authentic about anything, she treats it the same way she does theatre, like dress up and make believe.

Mamma Mia could possibly one but again she needs to be funny, and also be able to act. There are some real moments of emotion in that show.
So many roles rule her out in some way. She could maybe do Addams again as Morticia, but that's more of a comic role. If The Witches of Eastwick got a revival, she could be one of the witches, I think she'd enjoy that as they are supposed to be sexy - again though, it's a comedy. There's been talk for a while of reviving Starlight Express in the West End, she's not athletic enough for it. She doesn't have the comedy, range, or phrasing for Mrs Lovett. The fact of struggling to sing classically without belting rules her out of a lot of older shows. Playing Audrey, or Elphaba, would require her to act and her voice is nowhere near strong enough for Elphaba. Maybe Disney or fairytale musicals - again, stunt cast Elsa for a tour/before it closes, or Beauty and the Beast if it comes back to the WE, or the baker's wife/Cinderella in Into the Woods which is performed fairly often (though again, both these roles require comedy and emotion!) She doesn't feel she should have to work on anything and that excludes her from so much, which will only work against her as she gets older. Especially if she wants to only ever be a lead

bumblebee1696

I don’t think she was less egotistical when she was younger, I think she was still playing the ‘humble’ game because she knew she wasn’t well-known enough to start acting like she thought she was a Big Star. According to other people on YouTube at the time, she used to talk about how she was ‘famous’ and that people with less subscribers were jealous of her. This was before she made her return to the West End, it was back before YouTube even had ads! She has always given this vibe of ‘I expect to be famous’. She isn’t genuinely humble like someone who might have found themselves famous without even realising, she has been trying to be famous for a while and has almost felt it to be her right. I think this must come from having a famous brother and feeling a need to live up to that expectation. But sadly, the more famous she got, the more her ego inflated.

bumblebee1696

I lived in at work for the majority of the pandemic, working 90 hours a week. I’ve paid almost £4k in tax for last year. If my really hard-earned money, that I made by exhausting myself through a health crisis, go towards ALW and his hissy fit about the theatre, I’m going to be absolutely livid. Why do Tories hate poor people?? 😡😡😡

Divoka

Her reply is short but disgusting. Further proof of how privileged and detached she is from reality (as more proof was was needed).

jorja

They won’t be able to have huge crowds at stage door.
One - the actual stage door is gated so fans stand outside the locked gate on a narrow pavement next to a narrow Side street.
two - it’s a residential area so fans will get moved on.
three - Carrie will leave like everyone else - no car. Sorry she’s not Glenn Close famous. They had a TV star in the last show there and he left like everyone else.
If she’s sensible it’s possible to leave after the bows before the public even make it down the escalator. So rather than moan about it there is this option. However I think C likes the validation of fans at stage door... of course until she doesn’t.

Cd1313

It’s Interesting timing that she is releasing a Cinderella vlog tonight. 🤔
Interesting timing and a terrible look! You'd think someone on her team (does she have a PR person?) would tell her how awful the optics are of her not only not tweeting to support the cause, but then posting a video about herself the same day? Or is it just me?

Ellen

Chatty Member
Is she going to keep posting herself swaying and closing her eyes to every Eurovision entry?

• Haha

thisiscat

Chatty Member
My local theatre is Leeds playhouse and it’s been open for a few weeks. I’ve seen two shows there since it’s been back open and they are at less than 50% capacity. Alternate rows completely blocked off and blocked off seats for social distancing. I felt completely safe. Fancy temperature check cameras on arrival- and both shows I’ve seen were quite short. About an hour for both.
The only reason ALW is talking is to drum up press for Cinderella. Audiences don’t really want to be crammed together in an audience when this virus is still killing people. I heard some people complaining they felt too close to the row in front for the 2 rows next to each other on the balcony.
Also, a certain youtuber I watch who works at the playhouse was working last night when I saw The Damned United. She was really nice and it was obvious that everyone was working really hard to make everyone feel safe. It was really weird to see someone I watch on the internet in real life, especially in their day job. *well evening job…

Mark81

VIP Member
Thing is theatres are open, but socially distanced like the vast majority of businesses across the UK. Theatre isn't unique in that regard. It was his choice to open at full capacity so close to the deadline when by now we all know how things could change and it was clearly stated 21 June would be the 'earliest' things would open. Even money hungry Cameron mackintosh isn't opening until later in summer.

kev1974

VIP Member
Showing off about her good deeds again 🙄
Anyone else find it cringey that she has signed it with her autograph? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ They’re your peers, they’re not fans Carrie.
Is it a good deed when she will have got them for free? Just advertising isn't it?

I think she is trying to make herself into the "Mother of the West End" or "everyone's favourite West End friend"! Epic fail though, as we can all see through it.

Mark81

VIP Member
Watching friends again and I realised Carrie is kind of like Amanda from season 10

Last edited:
  • Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
Going to be interesting to see how Carrie handles Boris announcement next week, seems pretty definite restrictions will continue. To be honest I'm not sure the restrictions will end this year at all. The delta variant does seem to be getting through the vaccine in some people.

mjerrie05

Right? It’s like ... “hi fans, want to see a page where you can catch up on the problematic things I’ve done that you might have missed?”

• Haha