Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Don’t think she’s famous enough for that! I believe cars are usually paid for by the artist (don’t quote me on that). In New York, I remember walking past a stage door while people were waiting for the cast to come out and a car was waiting on the road just outside. I have no idea who they were waiting for but it is usually the famous people that get the cars- everyone else just gets the tube home (or subway in US).
Random fun fact - when I stayed in New York a few years ago my hotel room looked down over the stage door and back entrance of the theatre when Sunset Boulevard was playing. I was in my room ill one day so was looking out the window and spotted huge crowds outside the stage door as Glenn Close was starring in the show. Unbeknownst to the waiting crowd, I spotted Glenn Close sneak out the back gate with her dog and get straight into the massive car that was waiting outside for her. The crowds stayed for another 30 minutes or so having not realised Glenn had already left.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Kitt

VIP Member
‘Come visit me I always have coffee and chocolate.’

How about you just be a nice person and people might want to spend time with you? Instead she needs to lure people into her room with treats.

I can't see any way Carrie could play Christine - who needs to be an operatic soprano and trained in ballet. Maybe if ALW had another show like The Wizard of Oz or The Sound of Music again he'd cast Carrie in it, but if Cinderella flops badly he will drop her fast

bgsaasdf

I think it’s very good of her to acknowledge her privilege, it’s taken her too long but it’s good she’s done it. I hope she really means it!

its something I’ve always disliked about her. Over time it has made me go off her as I’ve gotten older. I’m 23, started watching her at 14/15. I do lots of different things like Carrie, including YouTube & freelance work, so I get annoyed when she says it’s just hard work that got her to where she is. I work hard too, but really I’m just doing okay-ish. My freelance/small business/YouTube is enough for me to survive, but I’m just scraping by with enough money each month. I’m very happy with what I’ve achieved but I also know that hard work isn’t enough. It’s who you are and who you know too. If I had 500,000 subs and/or a famous brother, so many things I’d love to do would be instantly possible. It’s not nice following someone who clearly has what she has from her privilege and she couldnt see that.

There is no doubt that she hasn’t worked hard to get to where she is, but it’s definitely helped that she’s fallen in with the right crowd (friends, ex boyfriend, her brother, her parents) and it’s a combination of everything that’s got her where she is. I first heard about her through other youtubers I watched and then saw her in her brothers wedding video. She has said before that she first got known because of her acting as a kid, but I don’t think anyone remembers the children stage actors. I saw Chitty around the time she would have been in it, but I didn’t find her youtube channel through that. That may have helped her get her stage work, but not her YouTube subs. Her YouTube subs came from 3 main things: starting before YouTube got big, dating Alex & her brother.
Shes been successful with her acting work because she did acting as a kid and had an audience already, she didn’t need to go to drama school like most do. She also doesn’t have to work a ‘proper’ day job like most of her fellow actors do. She’s okay if she doesn’t get work for a few months, because she has books that will definitely get published and YouTube money to help tide her over (all from being known on YouTube). Carrie can create her own opportunities if she wants to!

Her parents have been a huge help on this too, it’s very obvious as both her and Tom have been successful from a young age.

I was close to unfollowing her, but maybe she will change & see how lucky she really is. I’m excited to see how she takes this

(I’m writing this on my phone, it’s so horrible to do so. Sorry for any spelling mistakes

bumblebee1696

I’m so baffled by how much fuss she makes over a small bit of criticism. If I went to work and cried and then broadcasted to social media what a terrible day I’ve had and told everyone that I cried at work every time someone gave a negative opinion about me, I’d be a very pathetic adult indeed. Something I would have done as a dramatic teenager perhaps but not as an adult and especially not in a professional setting or on social media. She’s absolutely detached from how normal adults behave. Growing up on YouTube and being surrounded by drama and scandals and attention hasn’t done her any favours.

talkinghead

I had my first snap at Carrie after that post. messaged her to say it won't be ALW or herself that gets arrested but rather theatre staff, managers etc who have been forced to open by their tory boss.

honkytonkcat

There’s honestly nothing cringier and more desperate than when people do ‘good deeds’ and plaster them all over social media. If she’s making a library for the cast and crew then tell them, not us. We don’t care, just makes you look self-absorbed.

honkytonkcat

And I’m not shitting on her for that, she’s lucky. But that doesn’t mean she works any harder than the rest of us, she just started the race further ahead.

This is exactly it! No one denies she works hard in what she does, but she doesn’t understand that she started so much further ahead of most people due to the privileges her parents and brother provided for her. That’s not her fault, and no one begrudges her for it, but it’s frustrating that she doesn’t acknowledge it and continues to act like she was a poor peasant girl who made the big time all on her own.

salatblader

VIP Member
ALW is awful. He claims there's "scientific research" to prove theatres don't spread covid, but sitting in an enclosed space over a long period of time is exactly what does lead to the spreading of the virus. And he whines about how much money his theatres are losing - dude, think of all the people who have had no income for a year, and you have so much money you can help prop up your theatres. Selfish, small-minded man!

Poothe

VIP Member
View attachment 571555
Stop me if I’m being daft here, but this doesn’t make much sense with the lyrics does it?

‘bad Cinderella, Cinderella is the catty name that they call me’- surely implies Cinderella is the catty name?
As is the case in the Disney versions, where her name is actually Ella.
The lyrics to that whole song are a shambles and it should be chucked out of the show.

Mark81

VIP Member
Thing is if he does do it, and even one case is linked to it the story will be huge and he will taint the entire theatre industry as being unsafe. They should have the money to open socially distanced, even if only for a few weeks. Something isn't right with this 'billionaire ', mind you he is an awful producer, when he producers his own shows they tend to flop/or not be long runners.

Also Carrie will be tainted by him opening theatres too. She will be is partner in crime in terms of optics

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
I bet when heathers hit the west end again she's going to be all 'good luck to the new veronica but remember I was her first!!'

• Haha

Alice_Taylorx

I can’t get over how self absorbed you’d have to be to write a good luck message to your friends and make it about yourself! That’s truly astounding
I'm sure in her head she'd justify it by saying "I'm just celebrating the fact that we're all women in leading roles!" It's just in her instinct that she can't do something selflessly congratulatory without including herself in some way.

Poothe

VIP Member
Can’t believe I got a reply instead of just being blocked!
Edit: also any ideas for a good reply greatly appreciated
eView attachment 613405
You’ll be blocked now for posting it on here 😂

I think she posted that because it featured HER! She can’t resist - she wouldn’t have even considered the consequences or that it’s in bad taste.

Lily-the-pink

Oh my flipping god.

I normally only read Carrie's threads but this whole Lloyd Webber situation has driven me to comment. I love his (obviously older) work but he's being a total tit by saying he doesn't care if he's arrested. I just popped onto her Instagram to see if anyone has made any comments and I'm not a bit shocked to see that she's limited comments on Instagram.

I USED to be a fan of the Fletcher family but about a year ago I went off the lot of them, added to that I bought a few of their books too. I enjoyed Tom's Christmasaurus books, the only books of Gi's I really enjoyed were her Billy & Me books and the Eve Of Man books were forgettable to say the least. Carrie's were rubbish though, Every Little Thing She Bakes or whatever it's called was particularly blah. I kept getting sponsored posts on Facebook about her book recommendations... if she writes such rubbish, I don't have much faith in her book suggestions 😂

bumblebee1696

When she worked on Les Mis the kids chaperone had a small tuck shop and charged a small amount for sweets and drinks but Carrie said NO - no one shall pay and took over the tuck shop and now she’s doing the same for her lucky lucky cast members
No payment required but they must add a joke in her ‘laughter’ book to access said fridge 😂😭
I’d just nip to Tesco - way too much work ...
Ffs a laughter book? 😂 She tries too hard to make friends. Just be a nice person, Carrie. Regular people don’t buy their friends with sweets. Talk about overcompensating.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
The lyrics to that whole song are a shambles and it should be chucked out of the show.
I remember commenting a few threads back about this lyric being utter tripe - “Bad Cinderella” is not a catty name, it’s simply a name with a very lazy choice of adjectives shoved in front of it. Carrie isn’t switched on enough to realise what she’s singing may have been created by ALW but it is absolute rubbish! And the fact it’s her favourite bit to perform in the show just makes me dread how poor the rest of the show must be. The song is awful!

bumblebee1696

Just wanted to clarify I don’t have an issue with people who have help from their parents, I don’t want anyone to think I’m bitter about that! :) That’s how much friends did it and they are very grateful and aware of their privilege. The only thing that frustrates me is when people try to pass it off as their own ‘struggle’ if that makes sense.

Ellie_Rose

I think Carrie is just happy to be cast as the lead in an ALW musical tbh. She considers herself a big deal and this has confirmed it for her. She’s not exactly going to be critical of the (terrible) lyrics and (cringey) storyline because it wouldn’t be good for her career. That’s if she even does realise how bad it is of course...