Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate how people can so heavily edit so it portrays an unrealistic view of comment sections or just turn it off entirely.
or limited comment sections lately too. It just screams I won’t tolerate you unless you lick my arse

Reactions: 4
Obviously she was lucky and privileged to even have an agent in the first place. (I seem to remember someone, maybe even her, saying it had something to do with the musical she or maybe even her and Tom tried to get off the ground).

But isn't it kind of normal (maybe it's not and I'm completely mistaken) that eponine and cosette are played by fresh drama school graduates? So her YouTube and brother helped her get an agent but then it doesn't seem that out of the ordinary that she'd get eponine. Keeping her around for as long as they did likely had more to do with her YouTube channel than the initial casting.

Reactions: 1
To be honest I'm not sure even Eponine wasn't an element of stunt casting. She has been a child actor and has a very famous brother, the name fletcher certainly doesn't hurt. Especially when her brother has over 1milliom followers and posts a lot of updates about your performance and going to see you. Cameron is not a silly man and is king of marketing and PR
she was DEFINITELY known to the Les mis team and casting director from when she was a child.
It’s the same woman who cast her brother as Oliver when he was a child so they knew who her brother was.
The same one who casts the kids in Chitty, Mary Poppins and Les Mis.
She will have had an agent when she got her first child role.
It’s ALL connected.
a very small world...

And OH MY GOD
The comment section has disappeared from under her third TIK TOK video! Just like it did for the previous two videos.
Which is good
But once again she controls the narrative - creates the fuss - gets the validation from her minions that’s shes right - replies passive aggressively to a few then deletes the comments calling her out.
End outcome her employers don’t get to see the nasty side of the comments which she creates with her videos and her little doe eyed Miss innocent videos remain up with their viewer count 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
She may not have been stunt casting, but she wasn't plucked from obscurity either. Her name, contacts and possibly her channel definitely helped push her to the front of the queue.

I don't think she was stunt cast as Eponine, but she did say that at first she was rejected by her agents, and then they saw her Youtube channel and changed their minds. But I think the reason she got through to agents in the first place was Tom's contacts/network/the fact that she had worked with Tom and other famous people on that musical project. So definitely, her search for an agent started with a huge advantage compared to normal people wanting to get an agent.
Same with the book deal she was approached by Gi’s literary agent which led to her publishing her book!

Reactions: 2
she was DEFINITELY known to the Les mis team and casting director from when she was a child.
It’s the same woman who cast her brother as Oliver when he was a child so they knew who her brother was.
The same one who casts the kids in Chitty, Mary Poppins and Les Mis.
She will have had an agent when she got her first child role.
It’s ALL connected.
a very small world...

And OH MY GOD
The comment section has disappeared from under her third TIK TOK video! Just like it did for the previous two videos.
Which is good
But once again she controls the narrative - creates the fuss - gets the validation from her minions that’s shes right - replies passive aggressively to a few then deletes the comments calling her out.
End outcome her employers don’t get to see the nasty side of the comments which she creates with her videos and her little doe eyed Miss innocent videos remain up with their viewer count 🤔🤔🤔
Oh, and I just remembered - she sang On my Own and other songs in a concert series Ramin Karimloo did in 2012 - before she got the role of Eponine. I heard in some interview somewhere that Tom and Ramin were friends. So that could have improved her chances getting an agent/Eponine, too. Although, I do think she did well as Eponine and deserved that part. It's just interesting to piece together how she knew and had already worked with these super famous people who were very close to musicals and Les Mis before she got the role. Some of that good networking must have given her a leg up somewhere in the process. And though it's annoying and unfair in some cases, many hires also outside MT happen that way - it is the way it is, unfortunately. People put in a good word for others, etc - if she'd just admit and talk about those connections, it would have been much better than her spouting that it's all down to her working so hard.

Last edited:
Although she likes to tell us how she got everything off her own back, she is SO fortunate. She was so lucky to have supportive parents who could take her to all these auditions and to perform as a child actor. She was brilliant as Eponine but there are other performers with just as much talent who don’t get the same opportunities. I got into a theatre school when I was 19 but couldn’t go due to funding, I’m from an actual working class background (not Carrie’s idea of working class 😂 we struggled to put food on the table let alone do an annual Disney trip) and I know this is quite common for performers. It’s especially hard for girls too as it’s so competitive. YES she is talented, I can’t deny that but I just find it irritating when she doesn’t acknowledge how incredibly fortunate and privileged she’s been and she has had help along the way!

Oh, and I just remembered - she sang On my Own and other songs in a concert series Ramin Karimloo did in 2012 - before she got the role of Eponine. I heard in some interview somewhere that Tom and Ramin were friends. So that could have improved her chances getting an agent/Eponine, too. Although, I do think she did well as Eponine and deserved that part. It's just interesting to piece together how she knew and had already worked with these super famous people who were very close to musicals and Les Mis before she got the role. Some of that good networking must have given her a leg up somewhere in the process. And though it's annoying and unfair in some cases, many hires also outside MT happen that way - it is the way it is, unfortunately. People put in a good word for others, etc - if she'd just admit and talk about those connections, it would have been much better than her spouting that it's all down to her working so hard.
Yes! Also I might have got this wrong but I’m the days of GG someone said her family were friends with The Sherman brothers? I have no evidence of this I’m just going off what I’ve been told but if that’s true that connection won’t hurt

Reactions: 6
Although she likes to tell us how she got everything off her own back, she is SO fortunate. She was so lucky to have supportive parents who could take her to all these auditions and to perform as a child actor. She was brilliant as Eponine but there are other performers with just as much talent who don’t get the same opportunities. I got into a theatre school when I was 19 but couldn’t go due to funding, I’m from an actual working class background (not Carrie’s idea of working class 😂 we struggled to put food on the table let alone do an annual Disney trip) and I know this is quite common for performers. It’s especially hard for girls too as it’s so competitive. YES she is talented, I can’t deny that but I just find it irritating when she doesn’t acknowledge how incredibly fortunate and privileged she’s been and she has had help along the way!

Yes! Also I might have got this wrong but I’m the days of GG someone said her family were friends with The Sherman brothers? I have no evidence of this I’m just going off what I’ve been told but if that’s true that connection won’t hurt
True, she's said herself that her family became close to one of the Sherman brothers after she was in musicals he was involved with when she was a child.

I realised I kind of forgot about the connections she made as a child. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Les Mis team were slightly enticed by the fact she had been Eponine as a child. Makes a great story when she went into the show. This girl who was Eponine as a child in the west end is now entering the cast as adult Eponine, it’s the first time this has happened (I know Carrie isn’t the only one but she was the first for the west end). She has said before that her family made friends with the Sherman brothers when she did Mary Poppins as a child- as the writers of the music they probably worked with all the kids going into the show. She’s definitely had theatre connections since childhood with both her brother and herself performing as kids. I always find it hilarious when people say it had nothing to do with their parents when it comes to kids acting. No, stage parents will pick up on their kids performing skills. Sometimes kids are pushed into it, sometimes the parents are ‘supportive parents’ who just want to see their babies shine- but it takes a certain type of personality from the parents for the kids to make it. The words ‘stage mum’ are a thing for a reason. My mum remembers the awful stage parents she met when I did theatre as a teen, going on and on about all the work their kids had done; my child had done emmerdale, my child was in the west end etc. My mum stayed away from all of that. I wanted to do tours and go to London but my parents wanted to me have an education. They weren’t going to force me down to London and disrupt the education I was getting in a school environment. Yeah it would have been cool to be in the west end as a child but my parents knew I needed school to figure out what I wanted to do. It’s all down to personality type and no matter what people say all kids who work as actors have stage parents. The parents want the kids to do it. If they didn’t, the kid would not be doing it!

Stupid thing is, the more she keeps this up she will only hurt herself as she is cutting her own followers down regularly so not only is she losing followers who are unfollowing her due to her attitude, she's actively cutting the ones she still has.

Reactions: 5
Stupid thing is, the more she keeps this up she will only hurt herself as she is cutting her own followers down regularly so not only is she losing followers who are unfollowing her due to her attitude, she's actively cutting the ones she still has.
Good!

i use to be active on pull and after the 3rd tiktok carrie made yesterday i went over to gg only to be redirected over here and i have to agree with many things said about her.
what i will add is that i personally started seeing a change in her behaviour towards fans after she broke up with alex day in 2014. its as if after 7 years she still believes herself to be a victim in general (not just a victim of that incident) and demands sympathy from her followers whenever something doesnt go her way.

i wouldnt be surprised if she isnt currently filming a video about the tiktok drama right now.

At this rate the next thread should be "Carrie On Bullying"
amazing suggestion!

although I do hope Frozen gets to open on West End soon, just so we can name the thread “prince Hans’ landlady”.... you know, the same way we named an old thread on GG “tom’s sister” just to spite Carrie and convey how barely relevant she is. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder how many people follow her then unfollow within a few days after seeing what absolute dross it is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.