Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The mix of looking deep into their dead eyes, Joel’s thinning sweaty curls, their bare red arse skin and the words “wobbly bits” has taken approx 10 years off my life
086755B8-845A-4166-9F7A-444C76B1D5FC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38

polkamoon

Chatty Member
It’s making me laugh so much thinking about Carrie sat in the dressing room in between shows, and rather than speaking to her cast mates for real life in person conversation, she decides to post a picture of them naked on the beach to her weird couples Instagram in a picture that definitely should of stayed private. Hope the hopefuls enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: 37

wordzalad

VIP Member
Writing ALW jokes into the show is so dumb. Like how are kids going to get that joke, how is anyone that doesn’t know the Cinderella drama getting that

Cd1313

Sorry, it won't let me quote...
-Edgar is being a pain
I've said it before, but I firmly believe he is jealous of the cat and that we'll eventually hear about him (Edgar, if only it could be Joel lol) being rehomed due to some sudden onset allergy or something. Joel needs to be the only man in her life.

-Doesn't know if he wants to renew his contract at Hamilton if offered
Aka knows he won't be offered another contract, at least in part due to his "behavior" and is trying to establish early-on that it is his choice.

Alice_Taylorx

I swear I remember Carrie posting something about needing to ask Oliver for reassurance that he didn't find her body unattractive while they were still dating. I sincerely get the impression he never made any kind of a fuss about it and never did anything implicitly to suggest he didn't like her body in any way, but she felt insecure anyway because of her own inward hangups. The fact that she's posted a few captions now that carefully, vaguely imply Oliver had an issue with her body ("never make yourself smaller" etc) really rub me up the wrong way. She always has a way of belatedly villainizing her exes, and I have a strong feeling the only things he actually did in this situation were 1) dump Carrie and 2) date a smaller girl afterward, neither of which he deserves to be punished for. Any insecurity that stemmed from both of those decisions are understandable but, at the end of the day, her own issues to face within herself, and nothing to blame Oliver for.

• Heart

!noseyparker!

I skipped ahead to get the Cinderella gossip - basically Carrie's character (Carrieboss) has two velociraptor ugly step sisters called "Lloyd" and "Webber" and a phantom of the opera chord plays when they are mentioned, which happens a lot.

One of Carrie's entrances includes the line "Did somebody say my name?" (the first line she has in ALW Cinderella)

At the end of the show, Carrie's evil plan is foiled and the panto dame says that as punishment "We'll make her star in a ALW musical" and Carrie responds "Anything but that!"

Also MickeyJo notes that Carrie probably didn't write these jokes but "the person who wrote the panto, it's just their sense of humor" or something along those lines. Maybe, as a professional theatre reviewer, he should know who wrote the panto? That's pretty accessible info! It's Paul Hendry, who also directed it.

He did like her performance and noted that he wanted her to belt at some point, but it's not her fault she couldn't, and also he wanted her to do more panto/ audience interaction and it's not her fault she didn't do that but that the long-time panto performers, He basically wanted her to be the main character, I think, but actually, it sounds like the panto overall is very ensemble-y and lots of fun!

• Wow
  • Sick

Yel

Chatty Member
Why is that people suddenly get arsy about weight comments? Stop projection it's not about anyone else.

Funny how anything else can be said about Carrie and it's fair game but if it's about her weight it's suddenly mean spirited.

She's overweight. It's a fact.
It's a nightmare to mod.

Tattle is a gossip forum, we can't possibly ban everything someone could be sensitive to - there would be nothing left!

It's not about you, best not to take it personally. There's stuff I'm sensitive to, I keep on scrolling. That's my issue to deal with.

Edit. All please stop tone policing and post on topic, mods won't keep issuing warnings and wasting time on this. Telling people what they shouldn't post is clearly the no 1 rule of tattle.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick

onasidequest

VIP Member
Maybe if Carrie's theatre roles dry up she could always get a job there 😅
Can you imagine her handling customer complaints though?

"Excuse me, I ordered a gluten free meal because I'm a coeliac and you've given me the normal equivalent."
"You wanted food and you got food."

• Haha

GiggleBee

VIP Member
So Im watching Scott's new film, and theyve used 'Fletcher' as what I assume is the villians last name. One charecter referred to her as 'cruella-devill fletcher' definitely made me laugh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Hurrem

VIP Member
She's not that big/heavy. She's not an elephant. She's the average weight of most women in the UK
She's overweight, which makes her heavy. Let's not normalise being overweight just because a large amount of the population is the same.

This paired to the fact that she's also not someone that trains so has a weak core would make that entire manouver impossible.

Before someone comes at me about not knowing what she does, she posted a billion times about the marathon or about walking 15k steps. It would be all over social media if she worked out.

• Heart
To publicly say he is not sure if he wants to stay is industry talk for ‘he has been told his contract is NOT being renewed’ - I would be fuming as his agent if he had announced this on a live.

• Haha

Alice_Taylorx

I’m so confused by the purpose of the ‘all things montague’ account at this point? If it’s not for documenting the wedding/wedding planning then .. what’s the point? If their goal is to launch themselves as a branded couple then they need something interesting to reel people in/start building a proper audience.

But now I’m starting to think that they were advised to keep the gross coupley stuff off of their main accounts - so this was their solution? But like, no one was against them posting cinema dates and normal stuff on their individual pages! It was all the unhinged OTT gushy stuff that was making everyone weirded out and uncomfortable/concerned.

I feel like Carrie (and also Joel by the looks of things) doesn’t understand subtlety or nuance. Like they interpret everything sooo literally. Getting backlash or criticism for posting about their relationship in an excessive nauseating way? And crossing the line into unprofessionalism? Oh FINE THEN guess we can’t show ANYTHING. We’ll just make a separate account and post the most milquetoast mundane content you could possibly envision!! That’ll show everyone!!!

You absolutely can post tasteful relationship content on your mains, just don’t be weird and gross about it? Most of their west end contemporaries manage to do it just fine. Dedicating an entire individual account to the basic boring bare bones of their relationship is honestly weirder than anything else they were doing before tbh.
Nail on the head as always. I feel like Carrie and Joel would both be hard pressed to tell the difference between something like what Oliver and Alessia posted last week - something cute/silly they obviously decided to film off-the-cuff that will disappear from their profiles in 24 hours, vs Carrie and Joel's absolutely tasteless reel where they filmed themselves making out in full view (something I genuinely still can't wrap my head around them believing anyone, even the biggest of superfans, would want to see) complete with background music that implies they're having sex the entire vacation, for no other reason than to bizarrely prove a point to the world that they're having sex at all. Just the absolute definition of tacky and unprofessional, yet they couldn't seem to see the issue with it.

So now we've got them posting a bland, mid-afternoon 3.5/5 cinema date that only shows to highlight how utterly sparkless their relationship already seems, book-ended with finger-wagging "the wedding is going to be for *us*, we're not sharing that!" Q&As. Like, who is any of this for?

• Heart

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
I was scrolling down her IG to find the love letter to Peter calling him her soulmate weeks before they broke up to see how close it was to the “Wednesday looking at whatever Oliver’s character was a named” picture she posted where she looked at him in adoration during early rehearsals only to find both pictures deleted.

BUT how she went from this
2331A6F2-B732-43BF-8AA9-B27434F46FC1.jpeg

to this
3AF52963-7BEB-4FE8-8792-E86D3183063E.jpeg

IN A MONTH. Seriously.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Chicarica

Why is that people suddenly get arsy about weight comments? Stop projection it's not about anyone else.

Funny how anything else can be said about Carrie and it's fair game but if it's about her weight it's suddenly mean spirited.

She's overweight. It's a fact.

• Heart
Reactions: 35