Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone think Carrie is in with a chance for any upcoming west end roles?
If so, which ones?

Personally I don't think she is.
West End contracts are usually for a year…

With her tour next year she will not be eligible for a new contract until this finishes the tour in early June. I had a look to see how her tour was selling and there is still a lot of availability on most dates, will be interesting to see how she promotes this over the next few months.

West End wise, she has limited dance skills and not the strongest of MT voices, I’m struggling to think of roles for her as she has already made her way through Les Mis…

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think if she doesn’t accept supporting roles rather than just leads, then she may struggle to get a role after her tour.

I was wondering whether she attempted to audition for Elphaba when she had that weird meltdown in her insta-stories, considering that Lucie Jones is currently leaving the role. Carrie used to have all of those ambitions towards well established and successful musicals (whether those ambitions were realistic or not, since they require certain abilities- abilities she arguably does not possess, is a different question) .. But I do not even see her "trying" anymore...there isn't any growth or improvement..
She has definitely now or in the past auditioned for Wicked and not got it, Elphaba is a big sing, she could not maintain this 8 shows a week, no chance…

A lot of new shows are yet to be announced so my guess is she might get cast in something new that we don’t know of yet…

I have heard stagey rumours that Oliver might be coming back, my absolute NIGHTMARE would be for her to land the role of Nancy

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She has definitely now or in the past auditioned for Wicked and not got it, Elphaba is a big sing, she could not maintain this 8 shows a week, no chance…

A lot of new shows are yet to be announced so my guess is she might get cast in something new that we don’t know of yet…

I have heard stagey rumours that Oliver might be coming back, my absolute NIGHTMARE would be for her to land the role of Nancy
I don’t think she has (or ever had) the vocal or physical stamina for Elphaba 8 shows a week.
She would be a competent Nessarose but I can’t see her taking a supporting role as her ego won’t allow it.

Reactions: 20
I think Carrie will get pregnant and try and do the whole mum influencer thing, but also doesn’t Joel run a musical theater company? I can just see Crabbie and Goyle trying too start their own company. 🤦🏻‍♀️😳 I really can’t see her going back into the west end, she doesn’t even try and improve her voice or acting and doesn’t even try to learn to dance. She doesn’t work on anything or try and better herself, which is a shame in a way because I think she has potential if she put in the work.

Also I have to ask, do we think Joel got in trouble with Hamilton? I know they took down that live he did and people were commenting on it about him. If so I can’t see him getting anymore roles in the west end either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
Oh I'm placing a bet now that when her tour finishes (I think in June, a tattler said) that she'll be focused on getting pregnant. It's clearly a plan in their mind from the seahorse gift for their future child in the 12 days of ickmas. Considering how fast the engagement has come I wouldn't put anything past them. I think Carrie's West End days, at least for a lead role, are either ending or about the take a very very long break.

Reactions: 24
Anyone else find it weird that carrie hasn’t commented on louise’s daughter’s singing video? It’s pretty awesome, and louise has repeatedly said that carrie is one of darcy’s biggest inspirations, and louise and carrie are meant to be really good friends plus her and darcy have been seeing carrie in shows sinc she did Chitty.
Even scott has commented, and carrie has posted stuff on her story since louise uploaded, I would’ve thought she’d be all over that!!

Reactions: 10
Does anyone think Carrie is in with a chance for any upcoming west end roles?
If so, which ones?

Personally I don't think she is.
If she took a supporting role maybe but she will only ever take lead roles because she thinks she’s above everyone else

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyone else find it weird that carrie hasn’t commented on louise’s daughter’s singing video? It’s pretty awesome, and louise has repeatedly said that carrie is one of darcy’s biggest inspirations, and louise and carrie are meant to be really good friends plus her and darcy have been seeing carrie in shows sinc she did Chitty.
Even scott has commented, and carrie has posted stuff on her story since louise uploaded, I would’ve thought she’d be all over that!!
I just saw it.. I do not find it impressive either, compared to other musically gifted children that are her age. I believe she's 11? now. She did not really capture the character, and messed multiple notes up. Bravo regarding confidence and enthusiasm.. I guess.. but nothing I'd necessarily share, or comment on.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she has (or ever had) the vocal or physical stamina for Elphaba 8 shows a week.
She would be a competent Nessarose but I can’t see her taking a supporting role as her ego won’t allow it.
I mean, to be fair Lucie hasn't got the stamina either and she landed the role. She's off so much she makes Carrie's Cinderella attendance look exemplary!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I think Carrie is wanting a similar life to Tom. Tom and Gi got married at 27 and have 3 kids. Carrie was with Oliver at 27 and probably thought they might get married. By then she had her house.
so I think when Oliver dumped her she panicked at startingfrom scratch. So when Joel picked her up and was obsessively “so proud” and loved her she swept along.
By getting engaged after 5 months together and sounds like the wedding won’t be far off shows she’s in a hurry to be married before children.

I put a question on their q&a about will it be a long engagement as the way they were talking it sounded like the wedding was already booked. But of course no reply. My guess it’ll be next year.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
I think Carrie is wanting a similar life to Tom. Tom and Gi got married at 27 and have 3 kids. Carrie was with Oliver at 27 and probably thought they might get married. By then she had her house.
so I think when Oliver dumped her she panicked at startingfrom scratch. So when Joel picked her up and was obsessively “so proud” and loved her she swept along.
By getting engaged after 5 months together and sounds like the wedding won’t be far off shows she’s in a hurry to be married before children.

I put a question on their q&a about will it be a long engagement as the way they were talking it sounded like the wedding was already booked. But of course no reply. My guess it’ll be next year.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they eloped or did a registry office job just to get things moving quicker. She's in a hurry and she'll be damned if anyone gets in her way!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I just saw it.. I do not find it impressive either, compared to other musically gifted children that are her age. I believe she's 11? now. She did not really capture the character, and messed multiple notes up. Bravo regarding confidence and enthusiasm.. I guess.. but nothing I'd necessarily share, or comment on.
No no that’s not what I was saying, I thought that darcy is doing wonderfully and sounded great in that performance, sure she’s not perfect but she’s only 11 and has so much potential, plus she used to be quite shy so honestly this is HUGE and as a longtime fan of louise’s I feel pretty proud of her
I was just finding it odd that carrie hasn’t even liked it, let alone commented, when she’s supposed to be BFFs with louise and darcy looks up to carrie so much

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they eloped or did a registry office job just to get things moving quicker. She's in a hurry and she'll be damned if anyone gets in her way!!!
Definitely. Their 1 year anniversary is May so I’d be surprised if the wedding is much after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Heathers is touring next year…maybe she’d go back to that?
Surely her only option in that now would be Mrs Fleming / Veronica’s mother. Compare her current playing age look to the likes of Hannah Lowther etc and she’d stand out like a sore thumb amongst the other “teens”.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.