Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or perhaps you think it is acceptable to point out people's physical features and make fun of them 'because it's true
People here mock Carrie's hair, her clothes, her dry skin, her makeup, her smile. Why do you draw the line at weight? She is overweight, it's not a judgement it's a fact, like her hair are frizzy, her granma clothes or her dry skin. The comment sent to her was rude and unnecessary, but as long as the tattler isn't the instagram poster, why are you policing them? If she was underweight no doubt people would tell her she is a disgusting anorexic and that she should eat a burger and most people would be okay with that.

The quid pro quo for posting online (and getting free candles) is people having opinion about you, your appearance and your life, sometimes nice comments (the overwhelming majority in Carrie's case) and sometimes not so nice.

Imo Carrie is jumping on that comment because it plays into her 'people saying negative things about me or my life are haters/trolls including all the comments about Joel being a weirdo'. The comment was probably a random troll but now she uses to discredit all the genuine worries people have about her relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find comments on her weight make it so easy for people to dismiss all of our opinions on here as us just being evil harpies. It takes away the credibility of other stuff we say that's rooted in much more legitimate criticism. There's so much to comment on about Carrie that don't revolve around her weight, especially lately (still maintain that she's completely average weight-wise tbh). I know I make comments on her hair (mainly just her choosing her childhood hairdresser who does her zero favours) and clothing, but that's because those are choices she makes every day/every month and would be very simple and easy to fix that only unflatter her when she has so many good traits to work with, and seriously feel like she's just going to regret squandering so much of her youth dressing herself way, way older than she really is when she has plenty of time for that in the future. Weight is so much harder to lose.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I agree the comment was rude, but it plays into Carrie building a narrative of her (and now Joel) being a constant victim. Cynically, I want to say it also takes the spotlight off their super fast engagement and other things too - if they can make this their focus, everything else gets quietly shunted to the side, while they play the moral high-ground heroes and win some sympathy votes. Carrie also amasses her army of Hatefuls ready to pounce if and when more comments roll in.
Exactly. She can hardly witch about comments on Tattle being 'mean' because a) she can't admit to her followers that she still lurks here and/or has deliberately sought out comments that are critical and b) as much as everyone's comments will irritate Carrie with her rose coloured blinkers firmly on, the vast majority of posters on here have been voicing concern for her and sharing their own perspectives of abuse in similar relationships, etc.

One obviously rude message that she's been sent then makes it really easy to tar anyone who criticises the pair of them with the same brush of "they're just nasty, LOOK", to invalidate any genuine points of concern about their relationship. (Which just to reiterate for the poster further up, that's exactly why people try not to attack her weight here - because insulting something she can't necessarily help then makes it really easy to invalidate every other time we express opinions about the choices she actively does make.)

Reactions: 10
So, after months of creeping here I had to make an account when I saw this.

When Jowly reposted his sister on his stories I obviously had to look at her account. I KNOW the reference to Cinderella is probably not something to read into but it’s funny to do it anyway.
Yeah I had a look too. I think any Fletcher/Montague family get togethers will be spirited!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Omg the amount of times Joel reposted that negative post by Carrie, it's like he's trolling her! Its just so funny how we've all criticized Carrie for drawing attention to that negative post and then Joel reposts it a 1000x drawing more attention to it right after he said he's so done with it! Like you literally couldn't write this. It's comedy gold. 🤣
heh one of them probably sent it themselves, so they could enjoy a day of all the hopefuls feeling sorry for them.

Honestly wouldn't put it past some people to pull stunts like that.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Seems like people are just assuming that comment came from tattle and are starting a debate about it. Carrie has pissed off a lot of people. It could've easily been an ex-fan.

I do think her eating habits are getting bad. I don't care what her body shape is, but I think it's unhealthy to go to restaurants and eat every side dish, have mains and dessert. That being said, I think it's a step too far to message her about it

To put it simply, yes she has put on weight but tbh there are a million other things we could be talking about considering she's marrying Mr Red Flags

Reactions: 14
Alessia is three years younger than Carrie, that is not „so much younger“? Also, with the way Carrie has happily posted pics of herself in bikinis just a few months ago, I don’t think she necessarily strives for a different body type.
If someone is confident about their body, they don't go playing the victim and reposting one lame comment when they are the happiest they've ever been, engaged with the love of their life and living the dream and most comments are people licking her arse. That comment hit a nerve because they were telling the truth and she knows it. Joel is only exacerbating the issue, because it probably makes him feel more secure if she keeps gaining more and more weight. She's looking more and more like him. 😳

And yeah, the narrative about Alessia being much younger is getting old. 3-4 years is nothing, people should get over it already.
30 is young, she wasn't dumped for the younger model. If anything she was dumped for someone that knows how to enjoy life without going to WDW.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Can we please move on from the weight issue and the stuff associated with it?

Ppl are obviously entitled to their own views about weight - but telling someone to lose weight is rude. yes, she is an internet personality and has probably had worse thrown at her, but that doesn't alter the rudeness of the comment.

It just feeds into the narrative that we are all nasty haters l, and if they are talking to industry friends about it there is a chance they'll be martyed and all the bad tit will be sidelines to focus on body positivity on the internet and they might even get more work

Reactions: 29
That troll comment, while rude, is so incredibly nothing-y for a seasoned internet figure like Carrie. It’s nothing she hasn’t heard before. I’m honestly really curious as to why it’s touched a nerve so bad? Is she feeling particularly insecure at the moment? Has Oliver’s dumping made her much more self conscious around her appearance?

The juxtaposition between hers and Joel’s Instagram presence today compared to Oliver and Alessia’s is sooo stark. Could you imagine if Carrie and Joel just lived their relationship offline and only popped up every month or so with the odd pic. If Carrie could post a bikini pic without a body positivity sermon attached or Joel posting them together casually without creepy OTT disingenuous sounding declarations of love.
It was a rude comment, and I can guarantee Alesia’s pic is the reason it touched a nerve. She clung onto that bc Alessia can post a bikini pic without all the preaching and she can’t.

Though. I do wonder if having to watch Tom struggle with eating disorders is the reason she’s so hyper-focused about her weight and having to justify posting certain pics so she doesn’t get the same bullying he got from
his weight. But that’s just the armchair psychologist in me going to town.

Reactions: 15
Somebody posted that picture of Carrie at 22 in the last thread. Man that is the Carrie I miss. I am 27 and started watching Carrie's videos around 17. I fell off of her around the time she was in chitty cause she seemed to have turned into an arrogant snob. I haven't seen the joy in her face like she had in those years though since. Not even in that horrid engagement photo

Reactions: 16
It just feeds into the narrative that we are all nasty haters l, and if they are talking to industry friends about it there is a chance they'll be martyed and all the bad tit will be sidelines to focus on body positivity on the internet and they might even get more work
Have you not seen how badly she's reacted and how aggressive have her responses been towards people genuinely concerned about her relationship? Everything that is said about her (regardless of it being about her weight, the ick red flag she's dating, her issues that are unresolved and cause her to need a man for validation etc) will always be used to play the victim and never make any changes, even if all the comments are valid and stating the truth. She's perfect, it's the world around her that is flawed and jealous of her. Of course when others make a comment which is stating a fact they're bullies, haters etc but she has no trouble being a witch and a bully when it suits her.

People really need to stop defending her, she's vile with her double standards and bitchy responses, so she deserves any comment coming her way : good and bad. If she can't take it she needs to get off social media and stop exploiting her audience to make money.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It was a rude comment, and I can guarantee Alesia’s pic is the reason it touched a nerve. She clung onto that bc Alessia can post a bikini pic without all the preaching and she can’t.

Though. I do wonder if having to watch Tom struggle with eating disorders is the reason she’s so hyper-focused about her weight and having to justify posting certain pics so she doesn’t get the same bullying he got from
his weight. But that’s just the armchair psychologist in me going to town.
Carrie posted that comment 19 hours ago, Alessia posted the bikini pic 6 hours ago, they were unrelated.

I feel like we need to pull an anti-Joel and move on from the weight comments too. (Y'all weren't kidding, he reposted like 15 stories about the negative comment?? Who the duck does that??? Why would you ever want to further Streisand-effect and shine multiple spotlights on your fiance being body shamed?!)

• Sick
Reactions: 42
Carrie posted that comment 19 hours ago, Alessia posted the bikini pic 6 hours ago, they were unrelated.

I feel like we need to pull an anti-Joel and move on from the weight comments too. (Y'all weren't kidding, he reposted like 15 stories about the negative comment?? Who the duck does that??? Why would you ever want to further Streisand-effect and shine multiple spotlights on your fiance being body shamed?!)
Yeah, I agree. I feel like Carrie has always been this way about her weight, I’m sure it stings too see Oliver with his new gf and it probably stings even more that she is completely different from her. I know when my ex got wit’s another girl a few weeks after we broke up it was definitely hurtful so I get it but Carrie needs to focus on taking care of herself mentally, physically and emotionally. She’s clearly been in a bad space since the breakup in January and I think she’s never recovered from it, she never took the time to heal and work on herself.

Joel is just a bandaid for the situation, he strokes her ego and is so proud!!!!!! But that can’t last forever, eventually she’ll have a breakdown and have to face her problems. She’s making a huge mistake marrying Joel, I hope she sees this before the wedding and calls it off but I mean it’s Carrie I’m talking about so that probably won’t happen.

Reactions: 18
Somebody posted that picture of Carrie at 22 in the last thread. Man that is the Carrie I miss. I am 27 and started watching Carrie's videos around 17. I fell off of her around the time she was in chitty cause she seemed to have turned into an arrogant snob. I haven't seen the joy in her face like she had in those years though since. Not even in that horrid engagement photo
That’s around the time I started watching carrie too I think. I found her from the dear carrie/Tom/Gi videos.

I liked the Carrie she was when she was with Pete. She then seemed to change with Oliver. She never seemed relaxed happy with him. It was like dating the mature older man she acted like she was overcompensating being more mature to match.

with Joel it seems she’s with the straight version of Scott. Joel worships her and she needs that. Maybe if Oliver did cheat on her she needed the security of someone like Joel who is obsessive about her to prevent her worrying he will cheat too.

just a guess.

Reactions: 15
People here mock Carrie's hair, her clothes, her dry skin, her makeup, her smile. Why do you draw the line at weight? She is overweight, it's not a judgement it's a fact, like her hair are frizzy, her granma clothes or her dry skin. The comment sent to her was rude and unnecessary, but as long as the tattler isn't the instagram poster, why are you policing them? If she was underweight no doubt people would tell her she is a disgusting anorexic and that she should eat a burger and most people would be okay with that.

The quid pro quo for posting online (and getting free candles) is people having opinion about you, your appearance and your life, sometimes nice comments (the overwhelming majority in Carrie's case) and sometimes not so nice.

Imo Carrie is jumping on that comment because it plays into her 'people saying negative things about me or my life are haters/trolls including all the comments about Joel being a weirdo'. The comment was probably a random troll but now she uses to discredit all the genuine worries people have about her relationship.
It also depends on how it is addressed 🤷‍♀️. I am not telling Carrie "Go and lose weight"- I am pointing out a visible issue of hers (one she's evidently struggling with.. considering that she keeps getting aggressive about it). I criticise her gluttony/excess among other things. It's a toxic trait to physically harm your body by stuffing yourself into an unrecognisable and unhealthy shape, whether some other members dislike this topic or not- they seem to take it personally anyway.. Which isn't my problem either, since we are exclusively referring to Carrie here. Or otherwise I'd have to respond with snotty comments about occasionally leaving clothes and other rubbish on the floor. I'm a chaotic mess and acknowledge it- that's fine, I find people commenting on her hygiene and state of her house valid regardless.

At the end of the day it isn't just "gossip" - yes, I mock her here and there, because I find Carrie insufferable and patronisising, which is laughable considering her overall behaviour. Yet..yet! I believe that she has lost her ways and is burying herself in a self destructive relationship in which her negative traits and tendencies are amplified. INCLUDING overeating -> which makes her even more insecure and lost.

• Heart
I really wish people would move on from the weight discourse. It's annoying seeing pages and pages of arguing amongst Tattlers. Sometimes I wish they would ban weight talk altogether tbh just cause I'm so sick of seeing people arguing about it lol.

Reactions: 30
I really wish people would move on from the weight discourse. It's annoying seeing pages and pages of arguing amongst Tattlers. Sometimes I wish they would ban weight talk altogether tbh just cause I'm so sick of seeing people arguing about it lol.
Why? If it's valid? By the way : people commenting on her floor/house has also indirectly motivated me to hoover my entire flat and finally move my clothes into the wardrobe 😅 why are we censoring ordinary subjects all of a sudden? Or does"weight" deserve a segregated treatment? Sounds hypocritical to me. If it bores, or triggers you as much as it clearly does -> then jump to the next topic, you aren't forced to engage in those discussions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Does anyone think Carrie is in with a chance for any upcoming west end roles?
If so, which ones?

Personally I don't think she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Does anyone think Carrie is in with a chance for any upcoming west end roles?
If so, which ones?

Personally I don't think she is.
I was wondering whether she attempted to audition for Elphaba when she had that weird meltdown in her insta-stories, considering that Lucie Jones is currently leaving the role. Carrie used to have all of those ambitions towards well established and successful musicals (whether those ambitions were realistic or not, since they require certain abilities- abilities she arguably does not possess, is a different question) .. But I do not even see her "trying" anymore...there isn't any growth or improvement..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.