Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ThePowderMonkey

Relatively new to these threads but fuck me. They’re unhinged. I am genuinely so embarrassed for them. There’s no way her parents said yes willingly. They were probably just being very British and didn’t want to say no.

Reactions: 34

dull-board1243

VIP Member
So I was rewatching her 'lessons learnt in a weird year' video and at around 9:12 is when she talks about Joel. The caption for the ATM page is basically what she says in the video (I think Joel just copied this for the caption), but she also says they liked each other over the 8 years and would occasionally message while they were in relationships 🙃🙃 (I'm gonna blame Carrie more in this scenario cos she dumped Pete for Oli but I digress)
If they knew they liked each other that long, why didn’t they just break up with their respective partners and get together?

Even though it’s an open secret there was overlap between Pete and Oliver, it’s just weird to admit she was talking to a THIRD guy.

• Haha

mbagel94

My boyfriend used to be in the UK YouTube scene many years ago, and he did meet Carrie a couple of times - filling him in on the situation now and he‘s said well this would be like if I proposed to her and we went around telling everyone it was fine because we’d known each other for 11 years! Reckon he could have been in with a chance if he’d reached out at the beginning of the year

• Haha
I think it depends on the jeweller- I was recommended one recently in London and was told at the meeting that getting a bespoke ring made would take 4-6 weeks after agreeing the design. So I guess it depends how long it takes to agree a design/source the stones.

Emerald is an interesting choice though for an engagement ring which is to be worn nearly everyday for the rest of your life- it’s a lot softer than diamond so liable to being scratched and damaged. I’d personally be terrified of wearing it and accidentally damaging it.
I had a ring made and it took six months from design to it being made. He would have had to have started planning her ‘bespoke’ ring the day of their FIRST date 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
I swear all she ever does is brag about him driving her places. Also her feeling the need to clarify that it’s her posting when everyone was speculating that this was a Joel only enterprise haha.

• Haha

igotosleep

lol did you guys ever watch 'don't tell the bride' where there was that one episode where the groom was like, my fiancé likes spooky things so I he organised for the wedding to be in the edinburgh dungeons/crypts or something and put blood splatters on the wedding dress. Maybe that's what they mean by a non traditional wedding

• Haha

sun_and_stars

i really don’t get the ring thing… if you’re marrying someone you should know them well enough not to have to ask their friend for help, my boyfriend took a course in secret and handmade me my ring, but i guess we’ve known eachother a lot longer than 5 months… so i guess we’re not as perfect as carrie and joel

• Haha
  • Heart

MagpieTree

Hey Carrie, tell us you read tattle without telling us you read tattle? 😂

Anyone else think this Q&A is basically just for us?

• Haha

Clover123

VIP Member
Again, I'm just baffled that this hasn't given Carrie pause to question her relationship. If you received so much "negativity" you felt the need to create an entire Instagram account dedicated to justifying your relationship and engagement... Would you not at least wonder why so many people found your relationship hard to understand? Would you not question the fact that so many people interpreted it as embarrassing at best, and toxic at worst?

I worry she will see their relationship as "us against the world," and all the drama they have engineered will bond them more closely- the narrative is all Disney-fied in her head and I think she is too stubborn to listen to the gut feeling I guarantee she has that is screaming RUN!!!

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I don't believe for a second that they won't share every detail of their wedding planning, the proposal details and everything else from here on. This is typical Carrie speak, saying one sensible thing before doing the opposite. It's like when she was told about setting boundaries, and never understood that those could apply to herself too. Carrie interprets boundaries on social media as snapping at followers when she feels called out. The thought that she could genuinely just not share a privat detail hasn't crossed her mind. Her (or Joel) saying they won't share everything, means zero.

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
His ego can't handle the thought if any other man, regardless of the situation, being important to Carrie. As usual, just basing this on nothing but my own experiences, but I still believe that eventually Joel will try to isolate Carrie from her family and friends, with the final jewel in his crown being getting her away from Scott and all to himself once and for all.
He seems like the kind of guy that would become jealous of his own kids getting too much attention from Carrie

• Sick
Reactions: 33

Disneylover_89

Chatty Member
HI CARRIE AND JOEL
They really need to stop talking crap. I doubt Debbie and Bob were that thrilled about it. They should just go offline and spent some quality time together. It's not like they will see each other that much over the next 8 weeks with her being in panto. And as for the 'give her privacy'. Well she can give herself some privacy by staying off her phone and SM!

jolene4745

VIP Member
She looks unhappy in that story, there's no spark of excitement in her eyes
Rehearsals are tiring but she is supposedly doing something she loves? 🤔
I think she lost the spark in her eyes in January after the breakup, no hate to Oliver she just never took time to process and heal from it and she’s only gotten worse. She’ll have a massive breakdown I think, her life is a shitshow and she’s gotten herself into it.

Freeelves

Does anyone else think it's weird that he proposed on the Hamilton stage? Like I understand that they're 'passionate' about theatre but it's still their place of work. I just find it really odd that he basically proposed to her at HIS work place. It would make more sense to propose somewhere that has something to do with them both or a theatre she loves? I personally love Hamilton but I've never heard Carrie speak much about it or mention that she's even seen it? I guess it would be slightly different if it was private and the theatre was all romantic, kind of like Ross' planned proposal in Friends. But it sounds very I dunno, not intimate at all. Very performative almost. Which is a weird proposal for someone who claims they don't like eyes on them. 🙄

Also I like how's she's claiming to keep the proposal private when she's basically told us who was there, what was involved roughly and where it was. I just think it would have been more romantic to propose in bed on her birthday or something than take her to where you work which seems to have no connection to her other than YOU work there. Or am I missing something?

neonblack

I’m so confused by the joint account, I swear Gi and Tom are a more iconic couple that people would care about seeing the ins and outs of their relationship. And guess what? They don’t have a joint account for their relationship cause it’s super weird! (Especially when they’ve been together for less then 6 months!)

• Haha