Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pineapplesandcheese

God they really are trying to go down the Tom and Gi route aren't they. I find Tom and Gi incredibly annoying and don't completely buy their whole happy family act but at least they have a genuine relationship, Carrie and Joel started milking theirs for content within the first month and now in less than 6 months they're down the full blown influencer route. I try to keep comparisons with my own life to a minimum but I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 4 months after being very close friends for 2 years and it still feels like very early days (because it is), when I'm with him I'm far too wrapped up in the moment to think about filming anything, let alone create endless instagram reels.

I find it very telling that they haven't done a sit down youtube video together yet, they obviously have the time and have no qualms about sharing relationship content (asscrack photos, anyone) and yet we haven't seen them have a full length conversation. Probably because they know it's all fake and superficial

Reactions: 32

Beanz17

Funny thing is that there were lots of negative comments about Ollie's looks too when they were dating :D. Though I think the most annoying thing about him was how smug Carrie was about their relationship. With him she never wrote about winning some jackpot, but she certainly behaved that way.
Oh Oliver is absolutely smug, but when you go through life looking like Prince Eric that will always be a potential risk 😂 Joel’s smugness, on the other hand, clearly comes from his mummy telling him he’s the prettiest little ogre she’s ever seen!

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Otterley

I sincerely hope so. The most distasteful thing about Joel imo is how quick he’s been to rub his hands together and try to capitalise off of Carrie’s name. Begging for freebies, using her name for promo codes, not forgetting t-shirt gate! He can hardly contain the £ signs flashing in front of his eyes.

One thing about Carrie that I don’t get is why she’s so overly generous with the men in her life. She’s always so quick to move them into her home and boost their online platforms. But we never see her benefit from them, only ever the other way around. It’s like she feels the need to buy their affections or something.

Money isn’t everything and I don’t mean to sound shallow, but (financially speaking) she always seems to date down. I dunno if it’s cus the men in her tax bracket wouldn’t want to put up with her or if she simply enjoys having that upper hand…
I’ve always had the impression from her behaviour that she likes being superior to her partner. They move into HER house and she spoils them. There’s probably some weird mothering going on as well. I imagine she’s lovebombing them too but with accommodation, dinners and baked goods. And then when they do something she doesn’t like, she lords it over them that she’s graciously invited them into HER house and how dare they behave like this.

• Sick

F0rg3tm3n0t

Ohmygod!! Completely agree that this comment was way out of line but holy fuck, of course Carrie had to share it to everyone to get sympathy 😬

View attachment 1732018
What a sympathy grab. You can tell this girl trawls through her DMs looking for something that will spark attention. People can say what they want (fortunately and unfortunately) but it's up to you if you let it ruin things.

onasidequest

VIP Member
So is Scott staying at Carrie's house with Joel right now? It's just them two?

Wow. How awks would you feel if your fiancee gushed over another man endlessly and then you had to share a building while she was away.

Oh to be an Edgar sitting in the corner of the room watching knives cut through the atmosphere.

• Haha

DaisySims89

VIP Member
I think he just had enough of being spoken to like shit 🤷‍♀️ we saw how she spoke to Pete, and she seemed dismissive to Oliver in the GMW videos
She always came across as a bit "holier-than-thou" in those GMW videos.
She acted like she knew more about the theatre industry than Oliver so was therefore better than him.
She may have had more experience but Oliver actually trained and worked his way up. I was more interested in his opinions than Carrie's but she never seemed to like to let him speak

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Have any of you watched "What We Do In The Shadows"? It's a comedy about a bunch of vampires and one of the main characters is an emotional vampire who feeds of people's emotions by draining them off their emotional energy. That's Joel xd.
Let’s not do Colin Robinson dirty like this. At least he’s funny.

• Haha

Sanctified

VIP Member
Scott helped?? 😬
I'm confused by Carrie's response. Does she mean that she met the jeweller after she had received the ring and saw the plans/moulds?

Is it normal to go to the jewellers after a proposal and the ring has been received (apart from a resizing maybe)? Or is this Joel trying to show her' how much effort' he put into it

• Haha

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Guys, has the Hamilton west end insta deleted the post of the live with Joel from the other day? It's gone!
Oh that’s … not good. Whether they did it to protect Joel’s feelings from the negative comments or not, that still means the comments ended up on the radar of the higher ups.

Also now that I think about it I reckon Carrie is on board with the Montagues shared account because she wants to put the reins on Joel a bit. I’m guessing they mutually decide what and when to post on there. Realistically 90% of their weirdest most cringe moments have been posted by Joel. He’s embarrassed them both, these threads only started flying by at record speed because of him.

Could you imagine tanking your professional image the way he has done? So so strange and ridiculous especially for an almost 37 year old man. Hopefully some of these consequences will begin to chasten him somewhat.

Lolly505

VIP Member
I'm sorry I don't believe for a second they weren't aware of the ring flashes and balloon in the background! Surely the basics of social media is to make sure you're not accidently posting information you don't want out there, for example when my Sister in law and partner got engaged after 10 years together and having their first baby, they had family across the UK who they wanted to tell in person. I was aware/knew to double check any pics I was posting of her for months!! (even in family groupchats) to keep it on the down low.

How could you accidently post all that information 1-2days after it happened?!? I genuinely can't get my head round it.
(Meant to post earlier and didn't).

I'm sure Carrie and/or Joel said that they hadn't been trying to explicitly hide it, but that they just hadn't planned to announce it until Carrie was back. Translation being: 'We were trying to generate hype for our announcement video by creating speculation for a few weeks, except people pieced it together really easily so it massively backfired on us and now we're not happy'.

I firmly believe that if they had posted their 'We have something to tell you'/'ZOMG We got engaged??' video (or at least had it ready to go) and THEN got contacted by the Daily Mail about the engagement, then they'd would be gushing over the chance to tell their 'love story' on a major news site and potentially in one of the national papers They're only mad at 'The Daily Fail' because they didn't get to go all out with the speculation and spectacle like they clearly wanted to. Definition of fuck about and find out by, y'know, not keeping your secret a secret 🥴

Reactions: 30
As stated earlier I am really fortunate to see a lot of theatre. I actually very recently saw Oliver in Frozen and I must say he was an exceptional performer.

I am intrigued to see where Carrie and Joel’s careers go after this. Her short jobs are probably because she has a tour next year and most West End contracts are a year so hence the play and now Panto. Most kings don’t last more than a year at Hamilton because there are so many fantastic actors out there who can play the role.

Her agent and PR will be all over this thread, how they ‘sell’ this couple moving forward will be very interesting. I do believe Joel is a talented performer his West End credits speak for themselves but the way he has handled himself since the proposal will not go unnoticed. Carrie is not that talented, she sells tickets because she has followers - if she is not a strong dancer roles she can play in the West End will be limited.

They need to be very careful- the industry is currently watching and laughing at them. Also where were both sets of parents at the engagement party?

• Haha

scottishgirl13

VIP Member
Carrie really has changed this year.

her saying they didn’t get to announce their engagement when they wanted. When did they plan to announce it? She took pics of her engagement ring at Disney and he did countdownvideos fo her coming home.

• Haha

dull-board1243

VIP Member
My fav part about the recent post is that Carrie said he's the "BEST FIANCE EVER" when he's the ONLY fiance she's ever had :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

emmer_moans

VIP Member
What I don't get is ... If they blatantly read here, WHY DON'T THEY TAKE SOME OF THE LEGITIMATE COMMENTS ABOUT THEIR BEHAVIOUR ON BOARD?!

If I had a thread about me I would at least try to understand some of the criticisms and would likely agree that some of my behaviour has been cringe or wrong. I wouldn't double down so much.

Carrie can never do wrong, she always is defensive and so she will double down and marry Goyle, no matter how many red flags are waved. She just can't bear to be wrong. Well good luck to them I suppose, she'll need it. Her career is going downhill, and she has to contend with a narcissist manbaby who will drain her soul and name and resources.

She's stuck, but too stubborn to admit it.

They deserve each other, insufferable twits.

Jansim

Sounds like a deal has been done on the wedding,
That's why Carrie says they won't be posting anything about the wedding beforehand only after. When you do a deal you're not allowed to talk about anything to do with it. She's putting spin on it about all the negativity, but if she's entered into a contract she won't be allowed to talk about it.
not sure if youve seen the suggestion but jamie muscato for moulin rouge sounds like a pretty good option.

Yknow what’s funny though? Carrie’s insistence that only “people she knew” were at her proposal, and then later only friends and family at the engagement dinner or whatever.

View attachment 1729057

So either friends and family leaked the news or, idk, THE BALLOON GAVE IT AWAY?

Not sure why they’re so pissed off at TDM when they’re the ones who gave the news away anyway 🙄🙄🙄
Why do they talk about themselves in the third person?? They wanted to control the situation....who the **** do they think they are?🤣🤣🤣 They just both reek of entitlement.
No wonder the gossip mill amongst the WestEnd is going into overdrive at the moment........