Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In Scotts insta story for bonfire night with Carrie she isn’t wearing her ring is she?
To be fair I’m engaged and don’t really wear mine around the house especially when I’m just in pjs or might be doing the washing up, laundry etc if she’s unpacking from a reasonably long holiday then that’s not a surprise

Reactions: 11
So Carrie moved so she was round the corner from Tom. Then Tom moved, so I wonder if she now wants to move again to be closer to him
And Tom will have to move again to be as far away as possible from his creepy "bro-in-law"?!? 😂🤦😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Dear Joel,

Here's how your future wife looks when she's actually in love and obsessed ;)

Oh god, this has actually made me really sad. When you look at this you can see that he really did love her, especially in the early days. I was always critical of his lack of interaction with her on SM but I think that's probably what killed it for him - he didn't like it and she pushed and pushed.

Onto more recent, and much creepier times, the happenings of the last few days have blown my mind. 🤢🥴

Reactions: 40
Another thing Joel said in his live was that "when Carrie will be away doing panto she will miss Edgar (her cat) and me..."what an odd thing to say and especially in that order...It it's like Joel knows that Carrie loves her cat more than she actually loves him her fiancé 🤦😂🤦

Reactions: 11
didn’t take Joe(L) long to appropriate an Instagram. I’m sure Carrie’s followers will stay exactly where they are. It’ll go the way of prattle and pages and Edgar the cat she barely updates them. Big fat tumbleweed. Literally no one needs to followthis account to view it so ...we’ll see how many followers they buy.
Unlike prattle and the Edgar page, this one will be active because Joel will be desperate to have as many followers as possible

Reactions: 8
That video of her and Oli makes me so sad. Their relationship was similar to my previous one, 5 years living together and then all of a sudden he decided he didn't want to be in the relationship anymore.

I was so heartbroken for Carrie because I saw myself in her. I even wrote her a letter with my story and hoping that she would find solace knowing she's not alone and you can get through the dark time.
However. I spent a LONG time getting over it and moving on. I absolutely did not jump into a relationship with red flag creep.
And now her behaviour makes me ashamed and sad and I just wish I could knock some sense into her.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Unlike prattle and the Edgar page, this one will be active because Joel will be desperate to have as many followers as possible
Joel is definitely in this relationship for the money...But we all know how it will end...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think that we as a society moved on too quickly from Joel‘s reason for getting them the shirts/putting one on himself: so he wouldn’t be “fully left out“. That was such an asshole thing to say. But I get it, he's given us way too much material this week, what’s one more red flag? 😂
And we moved on too quickly from Joel uploading photoshopped images of him on holiday with them. Wtf was that 😭😂

Wait… does that mean Carrie got the universe tattoo LESS THAN A WEEK after their first date?? Jesus wept they’re both as bad as each other
This needs to be added to the wiki 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
To be fair I’m engaged and don’t really wear mine around the house especially when I’m just in pjs or might be doing the washing up, laundry etc if she’s unpacking from a reasonably long holiday then that’s not a surprise
And maybe water retention from the flight? Though I think is sus given the ring 💍 starring in every pic. OR given the fragility of emeralds compared to diamonds (and Joel’s cheapness *cough cough*), did something happen to THE RING and it’s damaged?

Reactions: 6
That video of her and Oli makes me so sad. Their relationship was similar to my previous one, 5 years living together and then all of a sudden he decided he didn't want to be in the relationship anymore.

I was so heartbroken for Carrie because I saw myself in her. I even wrote her a letter with my story and hoping that she would find solace knowing she's not alone and you can get through the dark time.
However. I spent a LONG time getting over it and moving on. I absolutely did not jump into a relationship with red flag creep.
And now her behaviour makes me ashamed and sad and I just wish I could knock some sense into her.
Honestly same. I joked a bit about being nostalgic for Ollie cause he had his faults too and their whole getting together was uh..less than mature. But you can see their feelings for each other, it seems like a genuine connection. There just isn't any of that with her and Joel. Given how much she usually films her and her previous partners it's odd that all we really have of them is photos. Like other tattlers have said it would be interesting to see them just interacting with each other. It's all a bit...forced.

Maybe she feels humiliated at the idea of having second thoughts about the engagement and the relationship after such a big deal has been made of it. Honestly though, the majority of people would be relieved if she decided to walk away and probably hugely respect her for it.

Reactions: 32
Can you imagine how slowly the threads would have moved without the Joelmas nonsense, the t-shirt weirdness, the tattoo, "brother"...Carrie posted much less than usual, so it was Joel who kept us going. He's taken over your thread, Carrie!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Would Joel have proposed if Carrie was just a regular woman, no famous brother, broke and had 10 followers?

No

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Honestly same. I joked a bit about being nostalgic for Ollie cause he had his faults too and their whole getting together was uh..less than mature. But you can see their feelings for each other, it seems like a genuine connection. There just isn't any of that with her and Joel. Given how much she usually films her and her previous partners it's odd that all we really have of them is photos. Like other tattlers have said it would be interesting to see them just interacting with each other. It's all a bit...forced.

Maybe she feels humiliated at the idea of having second thoughts about the engagement and the relationship after such a big deal has been made of it. Honestly though, the majority of people would be relieved if she decided to walk away and probably hugely respect her for it.
This video would break me if I was in Carrie’s shoes. She looked so happy. I know it’s a highlight reel but, man alive, the difference in her in astonishing.

Reactions: 18
Holy tit, guys! I have the weekend shifts this week, I cannot keep up in real time! I went to work today and came back to a new thread and 20 pages on the old one! 😱
For the love of everything, how does this keep getting worse?! I know this is a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I quite like Oliver, and seeing that video reminded me of the days I didn't imagine things could get this cringe... I think Oli did love her, but people change, feelings change, and it's totally fine to move on at your own pace. It's however not ok to jump from first date to I love you to engagement in the span of less than half a year, when your breakup left you so heartbroken your job sent you into tears. 😔 The ridiculous things Joel does - does she really see that as romantic? HOW? WHY? The fact that he set up a joint account - and yes, the apostrophe in the wrong place annoys me to no end - is creepy. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, GUYS?!

Reactions: 20
100% this. Carrie if you do read this (and we know that you do) PLEASE know that I for one will not use you calling this engagement off against you. You really do deserve a happy, regular relationship with someone who does adore you but we all know that this isn't the one.

You are not ugly, fat or old because you're 30. Imagine living to 90 with a guy who smothers you because you were wishing your life away half a century before!

I can't even laugh any more, it's genuinely worrying.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Yeah that video of Carrie and Oliver is sad and really hammers home the gravity of her current predicament. While I don’t think Oliver ever matched the intensity of her feelings, he clearly cared for her a lot at one point. I think 2018-2020 was the peak of their relationship. It’s also the time Carrie seemed her happiest overall.

Even scrolling back on her IG feed - she was hanging out with more friends and seeing her family more regularly too. And Oliver features a normal/appropriate amount. I think because of Oliver’s nature it forced Carrie to have more of a life outside of their relationship, which did her the world of good tbh. She was more into fitness and running at this time too.

Oliver was very clearly the love of her life. And she wasn’t his. I’m not sure if covid prolonged their relationship or if it speeded up it’s demise. I lean more towards the former. But, thanks to Oliver, the deeper machinations of their relationship were private. So we’ll ultimately never know.

But the feelings between them were clearly real, and very deeply so on Carrie’s part. Her devastation at their breakup is completely understandable. But it’s so sad the way she’s chosen to deal with those feelings! As per the Joel relationship timeline someone kindly wrote out, she was still heartbroken and seriously struggling when she dm’ed Joel and arranged that first date. Then immediately after that she was plunged into immense happiness? Then a few months later she’s engaged???

And it’s super dodgy to me that right when Tattle clocked that Oliver had a new girlfriend and went to Paris with her is when she had that whole IG ‘keeping it real’ post where she discussed how difficult it was playing Cinderella whilst heartbroken (which got picked up by the daily mail). She was (understandably) gutted to see Oliver had moved on so swiftly. So she ran out to find herself someone new to shield herself from that pain, and to stick it to Oliver? Oh you’ve moved on and look happier than ever?? Well I’m moving on too and I’m gonna do you one better! Actually my new guy is the TRUE love of my life!! AND I’m getting married, so there!!!!!!

But none of it is real! Joel is just excited to have reeled in such a lucrative opportunity. He has more than 10x the IG followers he had prior. A future wife with two properties and a millionaire brother with tons of industry connections. Plus Carrie is a beautiful woman. And then for her, she’s found a guy desperate and pathetic enough to feed her ego with a million pointless disingenuous gestures. He listened to every complaint she probably made to him about what Oliver didn’t do and is ticking off every box one by one.

Even all of this #TheMontagues rubbish that he keeps pushing is part of that. Carrie has spent her whole life coveting what Tom and Gi have. And this is such a hollow performance of what they have!! Those two can actually talk sincerely about being soulmates because they were childhood sweethearts. And been together practically forever through all the ups and downs of growing up. Hell, Tom wrote chart topping hits about his wife.

But tbh most people don’t have Hollywood movie style romances like that in their lives. But it doesn’t mean they can’t have rich meaningful relationships. Which is what Carrie fails to understand. She micromanaged every romantic relationship she’s had. Always trying to push some silly narrative instead of just authentically experiencing her partners for who they were. And now she’s met a guy that’s even more egotistical and unhinged who’s happy to run along with her delusions. And she’s mistaking that for true love!

I’ve lost all hope that behind the scenes Joel’s alright really. At first I thought maybe he’s just social media illiterate. Maybe he’s just a bit inexperienced and overly exuberant! But no, I think he’s a greedy opportunist. He’s inappropriate, possessive, clingy, self absorbed and just plain odd. Carrie is delusional, arrogant and a major pick me. They’re a scary combination tbh. I honestly can’t predict where this is all going, but the whole thing massively skeeves me out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Just watched his live from earlier. When he said he met ‘the family’ at the airport it really irked me.
No Joel, you met HER family. He’s desperate to be in the mix isn’t he!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned on this thread as its (already!) on page 7 and I don’t have time just yet to read it all… BUT about the ‘soon to be’ comment that was mentioned last thread, I also noticed on his last day of joelmas right at the end he was talking about them getting married or something about wife to be and then said something like ‘watch this space’ and then it suddenly ended. I can’t remember what the actual words were but I just remember thinking it was very odd. Does anyone else know what I mean? I can feel a NYE wedding coming along… Christ, just imagining the cringe new years Instagram posts from both of them this year gives me shivers

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.