Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pazc

What really got me was Scott gave Joel advice about what type of engagement ring she wanted, why? Their relationship is toxic so why help him with an engagement ring?! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
We got that information from Joel though and he's an unreliable narrator. Maybe he went to Scott and said "do you think she would like this design" and he said "that's pretty". Maybe Joel didn't even mention it as a thing he was planning to do this soon. We have no idea

Or maybe Scott knew there was no talking him out of it and at least wanted her to have something she'd like. And ultimately it's not Scott's responsibility to reject Joel's proposal for her

Reactions: 37

Otterley

It can be really difficult to try and talk to someone who genuinely doesn't think there's anything wrong with their relationship...
Carrie would be the type to turn on her family and tell them they're just overreacting and why don't they want her to be happy...
Definitely agree with this. We are going through this with my brother (insecure relationship jumper). Engaged within the year, it’s all imploded and now they’re on/off constantly. So much stress for family as we have been through this many times.
If you try to talk to him about what a healthy relationship is like, you’re being “unsupportive” or you get “why don’t you want me to be happy?”
As a family, it pulls you apart when you intervene and until that toxic relationship is finally over, Carrie’s parents won’t see her. They’re probably worried they’ll lose her if they intervene because she will always choose the person (she thinks) gives her security and the best chance for the Disney love story she craves.

m56

Also he's sticking with the story that he was ill??? He was saying that he's "still fighting" his illness?? But he took off the 12 days Carrie was away? Does he think we're that stupid

• Haha

Mollydear

The fact that everyone thought she was coming to her senses because she wasn't on SM as much is just so funny. Has everyone forgot she is the one that wrote those 12 cards and chose those 12 gifts to give Shrek? This isn't one way, she's fully onboard with it

• Haha
  • Heart

salatblader

VIP Member
Joel blatantly asking people to hook them up for a Disney trip is so infuriating…
Just save up like everyone else need to do. Selfish idiot

• Haha

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
The sheer amount of exclamation marks he uses worries me. Someone ration him please, you don't need that many!!! We get the point!!!!!
But how else will he showcase the fact that he's so proud of his future wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha

dull-board1243

VIP Member
What irritates me the most about this whole thing, is that had Joel been in any other profession and pulled a stunt like this, he’d be fired.

He really expected everyone to believe he was too ill to perform for 10 minutes each day Carrie was gone. But he was well enough to film 12 five minute videos and sit through a tattoo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
The thing is, from that blog post someone posted where Carrie spoke about her gossip threads - she seemed to have a surprisingly reasonable take on them. That while yes, it involves taking all of her very worst traits and hyper focusing on them, that it’s all mostly valid (if harsh) discussions.

I can’t help but wonder what she’s thinking of the current direction of these threads though. Not ever, in her decade plus as an internet figure, have this many people gathered to discuss her. I don’t even think during the Alex Day debacle did her threads move this fast. Not to mention the amount of new users/fans who’ve been driven here in the past few months.

Plus I feel like the vibe on here used to involve a bit more back and forth and varying opinions. Like some of us liked Oliver, some of us didn’t. Sometimes people would defend Carrie over certain things, others would disagree etc. But it’s become completely united now in our mutual discomfort and dislike of Joel’s behaviour. Literally no one ever defends him or tries to play devils advocate. And a lot of us on here extended good will and hopeful expectations towards him at the start. That alone speaks volumes imo.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jansim

When Carrie arrives back the little head tilt the pressed together lips looks more like a reaction from a Grandmother/Mother to a Grandson/Son then to a lover. A "Oh you're here, and you've brought me flowers, what a lovely son you are" look.
She didn't miss him as much as he missed her, a very unbalanced relationship.

• Haha

BWGossip

Chatty Member
now she seems so angry and like her light has gone.
I'd be pissed off at life too if I thought my 'soulmate' was Joel. Imagine having to spend the next 50 years looking at him chew his coffee every morning.

Carrie if you read here: you deserve better, I know getting dump by your long term bf is horrible but c'mon have some self estime (and self preservation).

• Haha

Sanctified

VIP Member
Sadly they often don’t, my ex’s family didn’t, in fact his mum enabled his behaviour and was just as bad. Parents, especially mums, often don’t want to believe their son would ever do something like that.
I don't want to stereotype or whatever, but I'm sure Joel's mum, the 'stage mum' is absolutely thrilled that her only child is shacking up with a 'big' west end name. Stage mums are usually pretty pushy right? I can see her trying everything to keep them together. If stereotypes are anything to go by.

TheCheeseFairy

So Tattlers, it's the final verse of The 12 Days of Joelmas, but fear not, there's still time to join in, so warm up your voices and let's sing proudly!

On the first day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me....a gift card for a takeaway.

On the second day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me....a lego set age 4+ and a giftcard for a takeaway!

On the third day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me....a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the fourth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.....a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the fifth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.....NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the sixth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me......one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the seventh day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me........a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the eighth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!

On the ninth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

On the tenth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a haunted house escape room (RUN CARRIE, RUN!), a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

On the eleventh day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a toy for our unconceived child, a haunted house escape room (RUN CARRIE, RUN!), a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

On the tweltth day of Joelmas, my fiance gave to me.......a kindness scented candle, a toy for our unconceived child, a haunted house escape room (RUN CARRIE, RUN!), a box of festive chocolates, a double-dipping bowl set, a pet water bottle, one squeezy cat toy, NEPRESSO COFFEE PODS, a pick me up book of quotes, a Buzz pez dispenser, a lego set age 4+ and a gift card for a takeaway!!

In other news, rule 101 of making new social media accounts, especially when it may become "their thing" is to register all domain and social media handles, which hasn't been done!

• Haha
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I also love that you can see Scott behind Buzz just aimlessly looking around anywhere other than Joel 😂 it is funny that literally no one but Carrie seems to spot him or care that he’s there, no one excitedly taps her on the shoulder to point him out or anything not even the kids, if I’d just watched that with no context I’d have assumed she was on the plane just her like they were coming back on a different flight or something
exactly - it is interesting and very telling that her family (a) don’t point him out to her and (b) actively ignore him. i didn’t even realise they were there until you pointed it out!! i can’t blame them but it speaks absolute volumes.

• Haha

Lolly505

VIP Member
Sorry, I caught the t-shirts thing (🚩) but somehow missed THE TATTOO? 🙈

Reposting a copy for anyone who missed it in the last thread:
F9190796-6391-49D5-802D-4399DCE16472.png

Perhaps not a reference all of you will get get but it's reminding me of Chris Ingham's tattoo, AKA the family vlogger who tattooed his wife's name in massive letters down his arm immediately after he tanked their YouTube channel when it came out he'd been allegedly (🥴) trying to hook up with a 16 year old fan (on a family trip to Disney World Florida) 😷 Which at least Joel is better than - but it's a rock bottom bar there 😂
mxMYN0e.jpg
There's just something about the huge swirly font quote that screams both 'please don't ever break up with me' and 'GIRL, RUN' in equal measures to me (in both cases) 😅

• Haha
  • Sick

kcab0231

Chatty Member
100% this. Carrie if you do read this (and we know that you do) PLEASE know that I for one will not use you calling this engagement off against you. You really do deserve a happy, regular relationship with someone who does adore you but we all know that this isn't the one.

You are not ugly, fat or old because you're 30. Imagine living to 90 with a guy who smothers you because you were wishing your life away half a century before!

I can't even laugh any more, it's genuinely worrying.
THIS!!!

Surely it’s better to wait until 35 or 40 for the right guy than saddle yourself to the wrong one at 30

I remember crying on my 30th as I wasn’t “where I thought I would be” looking back now I feel stupid I just had to wait and actually if my other half had come into my life at 29 I was still traumatised from an abusive relationship so it may not have worked?!

Carrie prob thinks we’re just trolls but the Red flags are terrifying - and I predict (as I’ve been there) he will 100% be making her feel guilty for going away/leaving him out! Like little comments here and there and then make out he’s joking!

The fans encouraging him to photoshop himself into the family pic as well need to have a word with themselves 🤢