Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jolene89

The wording of that is horrendous. I proposed to HER and SHE went away (implying how dare she leave me when I just proposed) news flash Joel she had planned this trip before you got together. YOU chose to propose just before she left. He’s a creepy fucker. I’ve just blocked both of them. I don’t need them haunting my for you page.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 38

Sanctified

VIP Member
We're going to be 'blessed' with another snogging video after this telling off aren't we? 😔 just to prove to us meanie haters that she actually likes her pet leech

• Haha
  • Sick

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
It's genuinely amazing that she blocks people for even daring to like a comment (that she probably then deletes). It must be exhausting.

Carrie Fletcher and the Echo Chamber of Hatefuls

• Haha

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
Isn't it funny how not one of those comments she shares mentions Joel's name yet everyone including Carrie knows it's about him....if the shoe fits..

The Miserable Marriage sounds like a book from A Series of Unfortunate Events (which could also be the title of Carrie's biography).
The last year and a half for her has certainly been worthy of A Series of Unfortunate Events ...

The Bad Boss
The Woeful Wig
The Shitty Show
The Rubbish Reviews
The Broadway Brush-Off
The Brutal Breakup
The Early End
The Rushed Romance
The Collapsing Career
The Creepy Chump
The Egregious Engagement
The Miserable Marriage?

• Haha

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
Oh dear.... new insta story. She looks so awkward and tired.
She looks so sad. It's like "here we go again, smile and wait for him to stop" then she reaches for her phone when she thinks he's done but nope, the creep continues . She's so done with him

• Haha
  • Heart

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
Carrie's "out" is quite simple, in theory. She felt pressured (not necessarily just by him, it was pressure from herself as well) into saying yes, then went away, and has had some time to think about her relationship and the past 5 months. And she just needs a break, to be by herself, 'find herself', enjoy her own company, and be away from people she feels somewhat suffocated by. She doesn't have to shit all over Joel if she doesn't want to - she can still just rationalise a break up in other ways.

• Heart

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
Also, Carrie, we're not bitter. Nobody is bitter or envious or jealous of what you have with Joel. Seriously, give your head a wobble.

• Haha

Neycroo

Chatty Member
Oh my god, even the way he drinks his coffee at the airport makes me want to vomit. 🤢 Walking , talking ick!

• Haha
  • Sick

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if Joel's dad is in the picture? I only ask because this whole thing is reminding me of a boyfriend I had when I was a teenager.

His dad had died when he was a kid, and his mum had overcompensated and basically given him no boundaries growing up. This led to him being really entitled in relationships with women. You wouldn't necessarily notice it as a friend, but as his girlfriend he was really pushy, guilt trippy, entitled. Would make me feel awful for criticising him or expressing any negative emotions. Would guilt trip me into doing things he wanted that I didn't. Wanted me to stay in touch constantly even when I had other things to do. Made me feel guilty for being ill and not being able to visit him, etc. Sound familiar?

From what we know, Joel's mum seems similar. Probably not for the same reason, but the same effect - inflating his ego, not setting boundaries which leads to a sense of entitlement. We see this in the language he uses, both in that whiny Facebook post about not being nominated for an award, and how possessive and guilt trippy he is when talking about Carrie going away. He likely has a skewed image of what close relationships with women should be like because of it (getting his own way all the time), and will become petulant when this isn't the case.

My ex was also very into proclaiming his love very intensely, saying we were meant to be together, he'd never love anyone else, etc. but it was all about control. I was very insecure at the time, and the guilt tripping and emotional manipulation wore me down. I just thought it was normal and that this was what I deserved. I worry that because Carrie was so heartbroken when she got with Joel that she might think the same. Well, that's not true! No one deserves being treated this way! Hopefully she sees sense before it goes too far.

(Add this into the pile of 'Joel reminds me of my abusive ex' because there's been loads of posts about that now!)
I don’t know Joel’s family background either, but this feels like a very sound analysis of him. I think because this thread is moving so fast we haven’t had a chance to sit with a lot of things. That Facebook post about the award was a huuuuge red flag! And ties in with so many other red flags that we’ve seen from him in this relationship.

Lack of boundaries can seem so innocuous, like awwww he’s just so in love!!! But it’s deeply concerning. And is really just a profound sense of entitlement. He absolutely is like a little boy who’s never been told no. The way he photoshopped himself in the Fletcher family holiday picture was absolutely unhinged. People just don’t behave like this, and for good reason!

If this is him 5 months in I’m terrified for what’s coming. Even in that live where he suggested he may perform with Carrie on her tour??? Bro that’s not your choice to make lmao. I really, really hate his new habit of making announcements about Carrie to her audience without her consent.

Last edited:

Beanz17

I’m done with sympathy for her now, she’s lived her life having nothing but smoke blown up her arse and wow does it show. They deserve each other. Good luck, Carrie, can’t wait to see the gross ogre children, that’s if the tightness of Joel’s budgie smugglers hasn’t cut off his sperm supply.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37

grannypants

VIP Member
So somebody posts a pic of that Instagram page on here and a couple of hours later he’s updated it…. Does he want to make it any more obvious that he’s obsessed with this thread

• Haha

Poothe

VIP Member
A public proposal, choreographed and directed by Joel, in a theatre with invited audience, and with a professional photographer present to capture the moment - it was impossible for her to say no, or I love you but not yet, or anything other than yes. I feel really sad for her. If she could be brave enough to walk away, there would be 100% support from this page, I have no doubt.

• Heart

Sping

Praying someone at this party gets drunk enough to pull Carrie into a room by herself and tell her the truth about the MASSIVE mistake she's going to make if she marries this man-child!

• Haha

Netsaboots

"I just do what the wife tells me" what a c u next Tuesday he is.

Also stop rubbing your body and inserting your fingers everywhere on camera you gelatinous ogre. 🤢🥴

• Haha