Carrie Hope Fletcher #34 Cringe, ginge and too famous for Hinge.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s right near the end where they’re singing happy birthday and she’s leans in for a kiss, he’s lent backwards and you can see her saying something like “give me a kiss” and he reluctantly gives in that gets me!🙈
oh my god does someone have a clip of this 💀

Reactions: 2
long time lurker, first time posting on this thread. I've been seeing comped/heavily discounted seats for CCC so it really can't be selling well
She’s really not so famous and a draw as these producers seem sucked into believing based off her follower count.
Why won’t they wake up and realise if the material is there or the show is anticipated enough people will come to see it without recognising the ‘name’
To be perfectly honest most people outside of the microcosm of the west end wouldn’t have a clue who she is.

Coming out of my long term lurking as just has an email from the Rose Theatre that the opening night of CCC (which had tickets for) is cancelled Due to unforeseen developments within the technical process. There is a train strike that day which would have made sense to me to cancel. I was already wondering just how many buses I would need to catch!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Caucasian Chalk Circle is on seat filling services this morning. I’m still not tempted
The Rose theatre panto was selling far better than CCC when I looked earlier. Carrie hasn’t even really mentioned it this week though. She could do a far better job of selling it.

Reactions: 3
It’s right near the end where they’re singing happy birthday and she’s leans in for a kiss, he’s lent backwards and you can see her saying something like “give me a kiss” and he reluctantly gives in that gets me!🙈
Oh cringe… and she didn’t edit that out 😭

Reactions: 4
Now that you say it I can totally see her and Joel opening up their own musical theater school. Especially Carrie saying she wants to move, I can see them getting a house together somewhere and opening up their own school.
No because we know what she's like.

She'll think it's easy as pie and do it on a whim. She won't bother doing any kind of research, won't have lessons plans, won't have the correct accreditation, won't have the correct child protection stuff in place, she won't vet any volunteers/paid staff properly.

No because we know what she's like.

She'll think it's easy as pie and do it on a whim. She won't bother doing any kind of research, won't have lessons plans, won't have the correct accreditation, won't have the correct child protection stuff in place, she won't vet any volunteers/paid staff properly.
I didn’t say she’d be good at it, just saying I can see her and Joel trying too do it is all. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Speaking as a person that knows 0 about theater, I think a good show will sell itself. It's really stupid IMHO to cast someone that lacks the skills just because of their following on social media.

Theater tickets are expensive. This is not like a movie with the Hollywood hunk that can't act but is nice to look at and girls and women will go see it because anyone can spare a tenner. But looks like CCC producers haven't learned from ALW's mistakes.

Reactions: 8
She's barely promoted the play on social media, what was the point of hiring her if it was for her follower count? 🤔

Sorry to reply to something spoken about ages ago (these threads move so quickly with care bear I can hardly keep up 😂 ) but RE: not practicing and getting better at her weaker skills like dancing, why does she insist on turning up to dance rehearsals dressed so inappropriately? I've been watching her old videos recently (she used to be so likeable?) and came across this Heathers vlog, I saw her in Heathers and always thought she was disgustingly miscast, but how can she see everyone dressed in gym clothes and feel completely content wearing that?!

(dance rehearsals is around the 1:35 mark)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sorry to reply to something spoken about ages ago (these threads move so quickly with care bear I can hardly keep up 😂 ) but RE: not practicing and getting better at her weaker skills like dancing, why does she insist on turning up to dance rehearsals dressed so inappropriately? I've been watching her old videos recently (she used to be so likeable?) and came across this Heathers vlog, I saw her in Heathers and always thought she was disgustingly miscast, but how can she see everyone dressed in gym clothes and feel completely content wearing that?!

Because she’s NOT like other girls and is so QuiRkY!!!!! 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

Re the glasses: I’m SURE she once said in a video some years ago that she only needed them for reading but that she liked how they looked on her so was going to try to wear them all the time (and basically make it a personality trait).. anyone else remember this?

I’m pretty sure she doesn’t wear contacts for shows either which makes me think this still stands.. we’d definitely have been treated to a contact lens “routine” video somewhere along the line or as part of her GRWMs since the girl can barely take a tit without announcing it on the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Wearing heels while everyone else is wearing gym clothes😂 I can't

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think she has been wearing inappropriate clothing to rehearsals since her Chitty days

Re the glasses: I’m SURE she once said in a video some years ago that she only needed them for reading but that she liked how they looked on her so was going to try to wear them all the time (and basically make it a personality trait).. anyone else remember this?

I’m pretty sure she doesn’t wear contacts for shows either which makes me think this still stands.. we’d definitely have been treated to a contact lens “routine” video somewhere along the line or as part of her GRWMs since the girl can barely take a tit without announcing it on the internet.
I kind of remember that, I think she also said she couldn't get on with them either

The Rose theatre panto was selling far better than CCC when I looked earlier. Carrie hasn’t even really mentioned it this week though. She could do a far better job of selling it.
She’s in denial that’s she hired for her follower numbers.
She doesn’t need to advertise. Hordes will arrive by the coachload on her name alone (they won’t)

Wearing heels while everyone else is wearing gym clothes😂 I can't
This is put a distinct line between the ‘star’ and the lowly ensemble.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She’s in denial that’s she hired for her follower numbers.
She doesn’t need to advertise. Hordes will arrive by the coachload on her name alone (they won’t)

This is put a distinct line between the ‘star’ and the lowly ensemble.
And yet members of the "lowly ensemble" are getting parts in established shows (Matilda, Frozen, Grease, Les Mis...) whilst Carrie is stagnant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.