Carrie Hope Fletcher #3 Call her bad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting lack of social distancing/mask wearing in that photo. As an elderly man with a cancer history, ALW is particularly vulnerable. I guess it’s his choice but 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Well it looks like they're finally giving in to her over-acting and "The Face" and matching her skills to the kind of show she'll be good at. Bit surprised that ALW seems to be doing a Panto but hey, it's 2020, nothing would surprise me at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It must be a joke....sending up traditional expectations.....??
Yeah I feel like this is going to be a joke. They're gonna come out with fancy wigs and dresses then there will be a "reveal" and she'll whip some spray paint out from under her wig and do an ollie on a skateboard or something. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm just confused by how ALW is choosing to market Cinderella. It's so much like a parody of a bad musical I do wonder if it's meant to be as cheap, desperate and uninspired as it comes across on purpose. The wig has to be a joke but even the graphic design so far is really bad too.

I did quite like "Far Too Late" but it is a very basic song.

I feel like we're being hoodwinked and will be shocked if, actually, the marketing and show is all very serious indeed.

Reactions: 3
I've wondered that too but...that's a hell of a risk. It does smack a bit of look how awfully clever and different and quirky we are. But especially in these current times they need good clear marketing to draw what few people there will be willing to go.

Reactions: 2
I've wondered that too but...that's a hell of a risk. It does smack a bit of look how awfully clever and different and quirky we are. But especially in these current times they need good clear marketing to draw what few people there will be willing to go.
It's like it's trying to copy Heathers, to reel in that fanbase.

Whatever's going on something seems a bit "off" about it all. Could just be Covid?

Whatever's going on something seems a bit "off" about it all. Could just be Covid?
I get vibes along the lines of desperation despite saying "everything is FINE!"

Covid sucks but they announced this new show before Covid and I think are desperate to make it happen. I just think if people are willing to risk going to a theatre it will be for shows guaranteed to be good, like Frozen and Six and Mary Poppins. Probably ALW doesn't want a flop so he is clinging onto the social media draw of Carrie.

I get vibes along the lines of desperation despite saying "everything is FINE!"

Covid sucks but they announced this new show before Covid and I think are desperate to make it happen. I just think if people are willing to risk going to a theatre it will be for shows guaranteed to be good, like Frozen and Six and Mary Poppins. Probably ALW doesn't want a flop so he is clinging onto the social media draw of Carrie.
Maybe if this was all pre Heather's he'd be rolling in it but I doubt this social media crao is going to be bringing anyone on in.

Maybe trying to appeal to more adults as a piss take humerous version???... Knowing kids will love it regardless??? Trying to maximise bums on seats...??? And not just rely on families with kids???? Dunno

but they seem to be going out of their way to say it's not a kids/family show? which seems odd as by titling it Cinderella that's who you will attract. If it's not that then they would be better to title it something else

I think if a show called "Cinderella" isn't for kids, I can't see who their target audience is. I think ALW has had his time. His peak was in the 80's/90's all he's really done since is rehash his old shows. He's got to come up with some genius, master piece to be compared to anything like his previous work. The song she sung sounded like a mish mash of other songs, nothing original or different.

I think they are definitely targeting the teenage crowd.
Beetlejuice became big cult success off of tiktok and brought in a lot of younger fans compared to other Broadway shows. Six has done a similar thing, even Heathers.
I definitely think they're trying to appeal to that market but its just coming across as forced and patronising, rather than organic and almost accidental like the other shows

Anyone else listened to the full version of Bad Cinderella? I don’t know if I like it or not🙈 I can see it more as a song they’d use for the trailer, rather than actually in the show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.