Carrie Hope Fletcher #3 Call her bad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How Cinderella Went Bad
Saw this article on Twitter. An interview with Carrie about Cinderella. I don’t believe for a second that she went along for several sessions with ALW to work on the material with no expectation that she’d be cast in the lead role. He was clearly drawn to her by the social media buzz she created through Heathers.

Also:

She told her agent: "That's a stupid question. You should have just told him yes and asked me later!"

I can so imagine her saying this in the most obnoxious way possible 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How Cinderella Went Bad
Saw this article on Twitter. An interview with Carrie about Cinderella. I don’t believe for a second that she went along for several sessions with ALW to work on the material with no expectation that she’d be cast in the lead role. He was clearly drawn to her by the social media buzz she created through Heathers.

Also:

She told her agent: "That's a stupid question. You should have just told him yes and asked me later!"

I can so imagine her saying this in the most obnoxious way possible 🤣
To be charitable, I wonder if she thinks she's being jokey and isn't aware of how rude she is? Although condescending seems to be her default setting these days so who knows.

Reactions: 2
“Cinderella’s newfound feisty nature” just made me want to vomit. This is why I hate “modern” and “feminist” versions of Cinderella, the story has always been incredibly important to me as a survivor of abuse and this take just comes across as victim blaming.

Reactions: 11
To be charitable, I wonder if she thinks she's being jokey and isn't aware of how rude she is? Although condescending seems to be her default setting these days so who knows.
Yeah I think you’re right. I was only kidding as I don’t think she’d be rude to her agent. The tone just reminded me of her IG Q&A answers 😅

that is not great. awful lyrics, very contrived and cringe and Carrie struggles on that final note

The thing with Cinderella is I think a lot of people just dont understand the original story, bbelieve it or not. Theres no need to modernise her. It's not about finding a man, she wanted to escape her boring/hellish (depending on version) life. She just happens to meet a prince and fall in love that allows her to escape that life. If anything the feminist angle comes in after she has married him. what does she do with her new freedoms. Shes always been a strong character by keeping hope even in the darkest of times

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

that is not great. awful lyrics, very contrived and cringe and Carrie struggles on that final note

The thing with Cinderella is I think a lot of people just dont understand the original story, bbelieve it or not. Theres no need to modernise her. It's not about finding a man, she wanted to escape her boring/hellish (depending on version) life. She just happens to meet a prince and fall in love that allows her to escape that life. If anything the feminist angle comes in after she has married him. what does she do with her new freedoms. Shes always been a strong character by keeping hope even in the darkest of times
the tonal shifts from the chorus and the verses are giving me whiplash. And it makes me want to listen to In My Own Little Corner.
Heres my thing: i think Cinderella has just been done to death and nothing will beat the 90s version with Brandy and Whitney and we really, really don't need this!

Reactions: 5
the tonal shifts from the chorus and the verses are giving me whiplash. And it makes me want to listen to In My Own Little Corner.
Heres my thing: i think Cinderella has just been done to death and nothing will beat the 90s version with Brandy and Whitney and we really, really don't need this!
I wore my VHS tape of that out...

Here’s an idea if they really, really want to make a fresh new take on Cinderella - why not have her going to the ball and falling in love with the Princess? Or even having Cinderella be a trans woman? There’s a way to make their own stamp on things that’s actually new instead of screeching “It’s feminist now!”

Errrmmmm for someone who says she isn't a big fan of Six she sure is singing like she's been listening religiously to the cast recording.

This musical feels like it's trying so hard to exploit the popularity of Six and Heathers that it's coming across amateur and a bit embarrassing.

Errrmmmm for someone who says she isn't a big fan of Six she sure is singing like she's been listening religiously to the cast recording.

This musical feels like it's trying so hard to exploit the popularity of Six and Heathers that it's coming across amateur and a bit embarrassing.
She said in her livestream that she’s going to see it in November, probably because Sophie Isaacs is in it. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I do wonder why she doesn’t like it, is it because there’s not a part for her?🤔

The song is so boring and basic... I would even say it’s cringeworthy...

She said in her livestream that she’s going to see it in November, probably because Sophie Isaacs is in it. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I do wonder why she doesn’t like it, is it because there’s not a part for her?🤔
I don’t understand it to be honest:
A) Six is a banger and I’m not biased 💁🏻‍♀️
B) of course everyone has their own tastes and opinions but when one of your “best mates” is in a musical, wouldn’t you be a bit more supportive? Even if you’re not a fan of the soundtrack
C) What is there not to be a fan of?!

I'm not normally one to jump on the PC bandwagon at all, but considering the day and age we are in, and their desire to do something different with the story, wouldnt casting someone other than a white privileged middle class girl make more sense to be relevant and modern?

The issue with them going the gay route is Soho Cinders did that (and seemingly a lot better). There really are very few spins that havent been done in Cinderella.

• Heart
"Bad Cinderella" ? So are they trying to retell a classic story but from a different viewpoint to the norm resulting in a different ending? So it's essentially trying to do again what Wicked did to/for Wizard of Oz?

That song is boring.

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or does the version of Bad Cinderella that Carrie reposted sound auto tuned af?? The whole thing is just...not good, and I’m usually a fan of ALW but he’s gone way downhill. The Ratatouille musical that teenagers are writing on TikTok is better than this.

Reactions: 3
It sounds really boring. The words are so bland and predictable. Everything about it looks so amateur. Unless there's a serious twist involved that's being (understandably) held back, I don't see how this is going to appeal to anyone really, beyond Hopefuls and die hard ALW fans.

If they're going to have a song called Bad Cinderella, Cinders needs to be actually bad! Not just 'I do what I want and don't care what you think about me' attitude, because that's not bad at all - in fact I'd say it's normal for protagonists in this day and age. We expect leading female characters to have a spine, and we definitely don't want to see them labelled 'bad' for it.

Reactions: 11
To be honest I'm a die hard alw fan and this is the first show of his I have zero interest in. With each bit of pr or music they release I get less and less interested. So glad I didnt book when it was first on sale.

So basically it's Cinderella - Not Like Other Girls, yeah? Sounds perfect for special snowflake "I literally Carrie Hope Fletcher" :-D

Reactions: 6
.....that's a terrible song. It feels very not like the other girls 2012 tumblr, I guess they didn't take in consideration the current change of the mentality that not like the other girls is a terrible troop. But then again Carrie keeps using it in her books.

I don't know understand how they could have released it after Far too Late or whatever is called, the other song was so much better, this one feels like the credits song version of a musical, a la let it go demi lovato version, not one that should be in the main production.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.