Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jben099

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I work for Disney so know Oliver's absence from social media will be contractual. Have also worked with Carrie. Not an experience I would want to repeat in the future. Ever.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
I’m so glad Carrie is back in a job for Christmas, I know she’s been working so hard with other former theatre employees on the frontline of supermarkets during the height of the pandemic, she was worried about paying her bills and keeping a roof over her head, holding down two barely minimum wage jobs - oh wait never mind 🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 27

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
I think the fact she’s never had to take an ensemble role or even work in something like retail or in a restaurant, and never had to struggle to make ends meet that she’s missing a lot of perspective. She has a lot of growing up to do in that department, and it irks me she doesn’t realise just how lucky she’s been to only have ever worked jobs she wants to do that pay well. Then she’s got the audacity to act like she’s not had privilege!

Reactions: 25

figgypud

Chatty Member
I think it's actually REALLY cheap of her to even mention the cost of postage and the cost of the rewards. Don't offer them then if you're going to moan about them, that completely defeats the point! But postage also ISN'T the same as donating to the charity so it's not really relevant. And the fact that she owns a flat and a house and pays for hour long taxis and big wardrobes and shows off her fancy bookshelves - it's hardly bankrupting her to post some letters and give away the copies of her books that probably would have sat around her house otherwise. She's so disingenuous, I really really do not like this woman.

Reactions: 24

salatblader

VIP Member
I have often wondered if she might be autistic. Strange demeanor with boyfriends as discussed above, quite childish, has a special skill (one that is repetitive and creative), socially kind of weird and off-kilter, VERY emotional about things that to the average person just seem kind of normal... She also vacations in the same place over and over (again repetition), seems to have poor boundaries and coping mechanisms, and is very easily influenced by the people around her, like boyfriends and friends. I'll never actually know, nor is it any of my business, but I do see similarities between her and friends of mine who are on the spectrum. It's also easier for mildly autistic women to come off "normal" (whatever that means) because they mimic social interactions better.

It would make a lot of sense, and if it is the case, I feel kind of bad for judging her a bit 🙅‍♀️
I work within special education, and I don't think anyone should speculate about whether or not someone has a diagnosis. I agree that she might have challenges with emotional coping mechanisms etc., but anyone can have that without having a diagnosis or anything.

Reactions: 23
I think the trouble is it's ALW at the helm. Six was written by a female and a gay guy and gave a unique angle to history. Lin writing Hamilton obviously spun that American history on its head... And yet here we have a white, upper class male pensioner writing a song about a misunderstood white, privileged female. Not relatable and incredibly outdated. I'm glad it's getting backlash.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Poothe

VIP Member
I got diagnosed with breast cancer this week. I’m only a few years older than Carrie. She can F off going on about her bad day. She has absolutely no clue how lucky she is and how privileged her life is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

NoPlates

I often wonder what’s going on in the lives of these people who become ‘super fans’. They clearly get huge validation when the target of their obsession acknowledges them. I can’t imagine being so wrapped up in someone I don’t know. To the extent I’d spend vast sums of money seeing them in the same show multiple times just to get the chance to say hello to them for two minutes before they move on to the next person. Or where I’d dedicate all my social media accounts to them. I’m not hating but I genuinely find the psychological side of it fascinating.
I used to be one of these people. And from experience, it's not a fun life. Honestly- it's a personality thing that I've had to learn how to grow out of, and I still struggle with occasionally. I blow dried my hair like Carrie did, I wore vintage dresses, I even tried to wear belts that cinched in my waist so it was as tiny as Carrie's was back in the day (which didn't work because my body type is completely different from hers). I didn't view her as a human being who sometimes insecurely lashed out on twitter. I saw her as someone who had a life that I wanted: supporting one's self through creative endeavors solely, having handsome men to date and having a curvaceous figure. It's not that I wanted to actually become a clone copy of her (that's just too creepy lol), I wanted to live a life similar to hers. I was young, so I didn't really understand the concept of real life vs online life. But recently, for my schooling, I've had to interview people that I look up to in my field and let me tell you- they are just humans. They make mistakes. They cry. They overeat. They doubt themselves. They don't have perfect bodies. They are just normal people who happen to have really cool skills that I admire. I still struggle minimally with these identity issues, but- even though it's hard to accept- I cannot live someone else's life. I can only live my own.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

PocketRLocket

I'm calling it now that Cinderella will have Fleabag style asides to the audience which will fall flat due to Carries poor grasp of comic timing.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

nvngwork

Guys please, lets refrain from criticizing this girl. She's been put on the spot by Carrie and had to turn her insta private. She is also a minor. This is not what this forum is for.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

salatblader

VIP Member
That doppelganger she posted on her Instastories is freaky, man... If I found someone who was so obviously imitating me to that degree I think I'd avoid them, too weird. But with her ego, Carrie probably thinks it's normal that people want to be her.
At first I thought it was just some random person who didn't know who Carrie was and just happened to look a bit like her. However, Carrie linked to her YouTube channel, and I had a look out of curiosity to see how similar she looks: she's covered Far Too Late in a dress similar to something Carrie wore, her YouTube name is Ellie Hope (I mean, Hope night be her real name, but I dunno, seems a bit too convenient), she's got similar glasses and almost all her covers are Carrie's songs or songs Carrie has covered. This is where it gets a bit much for me...

• Wow

Kiwi179

I used to have singing lessons at a musical theatre school in my area and there was a super talented teenage girl who had lessons with the same teacher as me. One evening before a performance she was telling me how she’d been cast in the professional touring production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang a few years ago and she played one of the children. She was only in the production in our local city and didn’t go on the tour around the UK if that makes sense, but before the opening night or the dress rehearsal she asked Carrie for a photo with her in their costumes and Carrie seem kind of irritated and refused and said she’d take a group photo with her and the other children after the show on the final night in this city. It was her first professional production and I think she wanted photos to keep and look back on plus she was a big fan at this point. So the last performance rolls around and apparently Carrie totally ignored her after the show and left early without saying goodbye to any of the child performers, many of whom were apparently wanting a photo and their programme signed by her as she’d promised this earlier that week. I know she’s more than entitled to refuse photos with fans and other performers and maybe she forgot, was super tired or just had a bad evening but I would have thought as a former child actor (in that very same musical!) she’d have shown a little more support towards them? 🤷‍♀️ I know it’s not a huge deal refusing a few photos but I know a lot of the younger girls who’d been a fan and were excited to be in the production with her were disappointed

• Sad
  • Wow

Ellie_Rose

I had a look at the Cinderella thread on Theatreboard to see what people thought of the song and they don’t seem too impressed. The problem, as many have pointed out, is that Carrie doesn’t act through the song. Conveying a story through the song is a critical skill in musical theatre and it’s not enough to sing nicely. Someone called it Cinder-meh-la which made me laugh.

• Haha

Divoka

Pete did a podcast on a show called Fresh From The Scene where he talks about his new song.

He said “Speak is about calling somebody out who has got away with manipulating, humiliating, controlling for so long, and every time they are accused of something, they found a way of getting around it, or they’ve been really snide and they’ve wormed their way out of it. Speak is about calling that person out. Like, you have nowhere to go. You are being called out.”

One can’t help but wonder who he might be referring to.

Last edited:

PocketRLocket

Good lord, that I Won’t Say I’m in Love cover...I’ve seen better acting in a primary school nativity. And why did Carrie style her hair like that?? She looks like Miriam Margoyles. I wish she’d grow it out again.
Please don't be rude to Miriam Margoyles.

• Haha
I came here to say this, how on earth is a photo shoot essential?! Good for the poor taxi driver calling her out!!!
something that bothered me about the rant was when she kept saying "it's none of the cab drivers business where i'm going" because... it is? he's driving you during Covid. If you're the sort of person who's going out and about during a pandemic to clubs, like he thought, that's something he might be worried about because now he could've possibly been exposed and that's SCARY!

Reactions: 17

Ellie_Rose

Her latest Insta post talks about how she would have been happy to play a tree as long as she could be on stage.

Given her diva-ish stage door behaviour and the fact that she’s never been part of an ensemble, I’m not sure that’s completely true...

Reactions: 17