Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
Fair enough if you feel differently. He's already shown himself to be someone who has no boundaries in what he films or what he posts online
And in that sense he and Carrie are completely suited. Those holding her up as Joel’s ‘victim’ must know Carrie is the master at oversharing. It’s just her Bf in the past that haven’t been that keen on it. With Joe(l) she has truly found her mirror image.
don’t let her comment ‘I wondered why he was filming!’ Fool you. She was probably doing multiple takes and editing as they went.
Even the ‘un-posed’ ‘natural’
I agree that Joel is being a bit creepy and over the top...but I don't believe she didn't know why he was doing it!
If my partner insisted on filming us kissing but not telling me why, we would be having words and I certainly wouldnt go on doing it without an explanation!
I think this is Carrie trying to play into some sort of "oh it's so romantic" narrative!

...and if she genuinely didn't know, someone needs to speak to them both about consent!
of cpurse she knows and for her as a content whore to suggest otherwise is disingenuous

Savage 💀 He'll go apoplectic at this
And that’s what happens when you get petty with ‘fans’

Why does she always feel the need to make everything about her? Can’t just be happy for Lauren, it has to be ‘she came into MY room and told ME. That was such a special day for ME!!!’ Just be happy for your friend and stop making everything about you ffs
Interesting that she got the role while on Cinderella. Hopefully Lauren Byrne won’t behave like an entitled brat on matilda

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

No_Its_Ever

Chatty Member
Well, Carrie’s birthday is the 22nd of October, so that explains why her lucky number is 22. Coincidentally my lucky number is 2 because of my birthday- the 2nd hour of the 2nd day of the 2nd month. A YouTuber I watch actually has the same birthday as me and appears to live locally to me as well.
My birthday’s 02/02 too!! I know I was born in the early hours of the am but I’m not sure it was definitely 2am but hello, birthday twin 🥳

• Heart

mushkala

Chatty Member
He's definitely the type to keep hold of all the photos, even after a breakup. Ick.
I am just in awe that she trusts him with this kind of thing. You already know that they took more nude pics at that beach, and ones that she probably wouldn't want leaked online. He probably took tons of her without her noticing or her consent

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Carrie has a score for the play she doing but I thought she said she wasn’t playing the singer’s part? I know there’s music in Brecht plays but I thought it was just one character rather than everybody singing in this play? Maybe she’s not stepping as far away from singing as we thought

View attachment 1452847
I thought she didn't read sheet music! Remember all the fuss she made on Twitter a few years ago?

Edit: woops, you've all said the same 😂

• Haha

DaisySims89

VIP Member
About the sitting in front of the bus , that was Carrie throwing a sob story and looking to be told Oh poor thing, so it makes sense to ignore that. I know that's what I'd do.

If I heard that right, she mentions that it's a 12 hours and 50 minutes flight. I see nothing wrong with watching a few movies on such a long flight.

I see a tendency to over analyze past footage and look for problems. People don't always have to talk.

I will have a 12 hour flight with my bf whom I love in a few months and I plan on watching movies as well 😆. I even find it disrespectful towards other passengers talking too much on a flight, I know I've hated when people around me have done that.
Imagine having Carrie as a passenger behind you talking 12 hours straight, she's so loud and annoying no amount of earplugs or headphones could drown her out.
Agreed, recently went on a 2hr flight and listened to music the whole time...didn't speak to my bf at all 😂

About the sitting in front of the bus , that was Carrie throwing a sob story and looking to be told Oh poor thing, so it makes sense to ignore that. I know that's what I'd do.

If I heard that right, she mentions that it's a 12 hours and 50 minutes flight. I see nothing wrong with watching a few movies on such a long flight.

I see a tendency to over analyze past footage and look for problems. People don't always have to talk.

I will have a 12 hour flight with my bf whom I love in a few months and I plan on watching movies as well 😆. I even find it disrespectful towards other passengers talking too much on a flight, I know I've hated when people around me have done that.
Imagine having Carrie as a passenger behind you talking 12 hours straight, she's so loud and annoying no amount of earplugs or headphones could drown her out.
Agreed, recently went on a 2hr flight and listened to music the whole time...didn't speak to my bf at all 😂

mushkala

Chatty Member
I agree. Both Carrie and Tom acted when they were younger but I think it was more of their parents decision, and then she dropped out of school when tom gave her an out with the musical. When that flopped I think she turned to acting again because she didn't want to be seen as Tom's sister or she wanted to be known for something. She had no qualifications or job experience to fall back on. She claims to be passionate about MT but she's seen very few shows for someone who has been in the industry for as long as she has. She rarely tries to improve either
I remember her saying she got into acting at 3 because she was a "pushy child." Like, does a pushy child go out of their way to find auditions and drive the car themselves to the auditions? No, she got into acting because her parents wanted it for her. And she always used to talk about wanting to progress to TV/movies, so she never saw MT as the end goal. She just didn't succeed because The Face doesn't translate well up close and personal on the big screen.

At 3:30 she said a TV company wanted to make a show about her. Wonder what happened.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member

Just stumbled across Carrie's Spotlight. It seems wild to me that, at 29 years old, her playing age is still listed as 18 to 30 years!
To play devils advocate a moment….

I know of someone who’s older(I think they’re at least 36) than both myself (32) and Carrie who’s playing age is still listed as 18-35. They definitely look at lot older than 18 so I’m guessing it’s just an industry thing.

Miss Weebs

He needs the money if he's going to be playing Keeping Up With The Fletchers.

Of course nobody's told him that half the stuff they parade on insta is gifted. And he won't realise because they never declare it in the captions.
Got to pay for the "King's Chest" somehow... it's all gone quiet on that front hasn't it 🤔 I wonder if the same will happen here too once someone at Hamilton sees what he's doing.

• Haha

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
As someone who trained in MT, it's pretty standard for productions to give all cast members (or at least the ones who sing in the show) scores whether they read music or not - it's easier to give everyone the same material than have the stage management or musical direction team waste half the first day of rehearsal checking everyone's music theory proficiency and printing out the right number of scores/lyric sheets/etc respectively!

I suspect Carrie is one of those people who can vaguely follow the shape of a score (this note's longer than this one, the melody goes up here and down there) but wouldn't be able to learn a show just by reading the dots and would instead have to rely on the musical director bashing out her line on the piano. Surprisingly common among MT actors to be fair, but having to bash out every single line really does slow the process down! I very much agree with that poor grad that learning to read music is an invaluable tool for musical theatre actors and seeing as she's quite a naturally musical person judging by her earlier songwriting I think it would be something she could pick up pretty quickly if she were so inclined. It's just a shame she takes any suggestion that she COULD improve her craft as a personal attack. I genuinely think she just can't deal with any suggestion that she's not already perfect and her natural talent isn't enough.
Yes it really does slow down the process for the musical director and other cast members. I can understand it in an amateur production but not a professional who has every opportunity to hone their skill.
She attacked the person at the time saying he was ‘showing his privilege’ by suggesting everyone should learn to read music 🙄 - this without knowing anything about him by the way.
Every school in the UK not just private school provides the opportunity for music learning and even if disinclined at school the tools are freely available at the library and online.
Think he just hit a sore point with HER and in typical Carrie fashion she decided to make it a crusade while making herself look stupid and a bully in the process.

If she does get bad reviews for the play I can just picture an essay about how it is somehow not her fault and giving us numerous excuses
Does anyone give bad reviews for plays anymore? Too many reviews are either amped to the max or the blatant weak link simply not mentioned. One only has to look at recent reviews of Legally Blonde for that.

Katiemay19

side note...I joked that the Tattler who first reported they "spotted Carrie with an older man" out on the streets was Carrie rushing to make noise about the fact that she was dating Joel bc they weren't official yet, and yet that user made only those comments and never posted again lol
Surely she didn’t…….?!?!?

• Wow
  • Haha

GraceMcLaine

Is it also considered damage when Neil Gaiman does it? Cause he does it a lot. And John Green, I think?
I guess so but perhaps it's different for different shops. I can't say I know how all shops view it.
Carrie only does it for attention anyway and so she can brag about something

Loads of authors do the signing books randomly thing not just Carrie…and in most cases I would guess if you buy her book you’re a fan so her signature is a bonus? I dunno there’s loads to actually criticise her for the focus on her randomly signing books seems a bit unecessary to me 🤣
I understand where you are coming from but as I said in a previous post the bookshop my boyfriend works at would consider that damaging a book.
I personally don't think it's right for an author to randomly go and sign a book like that but that is just my personal opinion.
I don't care if any of my books are signed by an author but again I see your point

salatblader

VIP Member
Wait so is Joel going on hol again?? He’s at an airport waiting for a flight even though he’s done what, one Ham show since the hellish Croatia trip? How??
Maybe it's a work thing? If not, strange. Maybe he placed all his holiday days at the beginning of the run? I also found it odd that Oliver had time to go on soo many holidays in very quick succession with his girlfriend. 3 with a few weeks in between?

takeonme

When did Oliver break up with her? And how long was it before she got with Joel?
Sorry if it’s already been mentions just catching up the thread moves so fast and I’m still not sure what happened with Oliver and if they only broke up 3-4 months ago them both of them have moved on really quickly just Oliver’s not posting cringe all over Instagram 🤣

Kit123

VIP Member
Tbf he has said that in one of his Good morning world videos, he mentioned how Lucas was a pretty boring character and he wouldn't want to play him again.
I only remember this because I recently started watching them 😂

• Haha

Sanctified

VIP Member
• Joel in neon speedos
• Raising donations for a friend with cancer(!?)
• More snogging
How long after the cancer post did they continue to post soppy holiday snogging posts? It's disrespectful to say 'pls help, my friend has cancer' then immediately post a barrage of photos saying how they're living their best lives whilst eating each others faces off.

onasidequest

VIP Member
How many little anecdotes has she made up about that trip? A cast member telling her they were a fan of hers? The one where she was asked for id? Now this one. Carrie, those things never happened, and if you have nothing exciting to tell, don't make up little stories lol
She's one of these that goes on about 'her' truth as if basic plain old facts don't exist.

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
Yeah he could have easily said 'I like to think I have a good balance and like where I'm at' and leave it at that. Maybe he wasn't thinking when he wrote it? Maybe he was indeed having a very subtle dig. But tbh I think it was more like a 'hey Joel, I know you're watching my stories - maybe chill out a bit yeah?' kinda message than a malicious one aimed at Carrie.
Joel is the kind of person that would watch Oliver's story as soon as it goes up

I see no issue with Oliver making a dig in that way tbh, I don't even see it as a dig at Joel I see it as maybe an expression of the frustration of being around someone for 5 years who filmed and narrated your every move, to the point where the videos constantly had you saying "why are you filming me" in them
Could also be his way of saying he doesn't care that he's losing followers from the break up because social media isn't his entire life unlike Carrie