Carrie Hope Fletcher #27 Live, Laugh, Love Out Loud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Playing a bit of catch up with the thread, and not sure if this has been mentioned, but does anyone remember when she said she was traveling to somewhere she’s never been before? I wonder if it was to do with the cruise, but when people mentioned she only goes to Disney/does Disney things, she changed it to Croatia with Joel when he came on the scene
I mean to be fair with Carrie I don’t think she had been in the bahamas before, so technically it was a new place even if she was there for less than a day

Reactions: 7
I mean to be fair with Carrie I don’t think she had been in the bahamas before, so technically it was a new place even if she was there for less than a day
I get that, and I agree, I just wonder if she wants to prove that she can go somewhere not Disney or work related

Reactions: 1
This thread has gotten into my brain, last night I dreamt I was on the bus with Joel and he was complaining that he couldn’t repost something to his Instagram stories and wanted me to look at it, and it was because he had hit his story limit for the day by reposting Carrie’s stories 😂💀

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Legal drinking age in the US is 21. BUT anybody who works in retail knows you’re supposed to ask anyone who doesn’t look over 30. I bet Disney is extra careful so they don’t get in legal trouble. You’re not that special, Carrie.
Same in the UK,legal age is 18 but you ID everyone who doesn't look older than 25

View attachment 1410587

@ Carrie Joe(l) Fletcher
And for Joel it's all the same, reposts of the repost repost. 😂

So Grace Mouat, who literally burst onto the West End right at her graduation as the original solo / super swing in SIX, then went into &Juliet as alternate Juliet (leading lady) and then one of the three Delta Nu girls in Legally Blonde, has been revealed as Cinderella in Roger’s and Hammerstein’s Cinderella (the one that actually has lovely music and lyrics 👀) in the Hope Mill Theatre in Manchester, it was originally announced ahead of a 2020 run but we all know what happened there - I don’t know, obviously there’s not a direct comparison as such (apart from the promotional ball gown here gives me “the dress the ball gown in ALW’s Cinders wishes it was”) but the industry out pouring of love for a new grad who’s literally worked her way up in front of the media, with social media, and has arguably gained her own fan base based on Six is certainly interesting

there was a person in the last thread I believe who asked if Carrie’s YouTube and social media made her noticeably more “well known / famous” and have more opportunities than other west end leading ladies, I would say Grace and mainly Lucie Jones, Sam Barks etc are all very good examples that no it really hasn’t and those actresses are now very quickly catching up on that front if not overtaking her

Addition to my earlier post, it’s actually the European premiere of R&H’s Cinderella and I would argue (obviously as long as it is actually good etc when it opens) that leading lady of the looooong awaited European premiere of a beloved R&H musical, even though it’s not west end (yet), is a better career move than leading lady of the sketchy, generally but of a flop ALW musical… obviously that’s got a heck of a lot of hindsight and no one would blame Carrie (not knowing where it would go) for taking the ALW job it’s just an interesting case study

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry I think your comments about Carrie being lazy and unfit are pretty mean
I mean she ran a marathon which is not easy at all
Just calling it as I see it, she does look unfit. For someone her age she has let herself go which is why she looks older than her age. She used to be gorgeous years ago (for example in the video someone posted of her taking over Tom's house).

Stating facts is not mean IMHO.

Reactions: 8
In fairness, Sam Barks started out on a prime time tv show that pulled in the biggest viewing figures of the time slot.

She definitely got a boost from doing that with ALW, Cameron Mackintosh etc — it was through that that she was cast in Les Mis and from there the film etc. I think she's great, but she isn't exactly your typical drama school graduate.

Reactions: 3
Just calling it as I see it, she does look unfit. For someone her age she has let herself go which is why she looks older than her age. She used to be gorgeous years ago (for example in the video someone posted of her taking over Tom's house).

Your opinion on someone’s appearance is just that, an opinion, and therefore totally subjective. It might well be a widely shared opinion and based on some good evidence but doesn’t make it a fact.

Yes it is a fact she’s not as slim as she was 10 years ago - that can happen for a number of reasons and not all of them are to do with “letting yourself go”, even if some of what we’ve see of Carrie’s habits won’t have helped.

Credit where it’s due, a fact that has also been pointed out is that she trained for and completed a marathon which requires a certain level of fitness.

Reactions: 43
In fairness, Sam Barks started out on a prime time tv show that pulled in the biggest viewing figures of the time slot.

She definitely got a boost from doing that with ALW, Cameron Mackintosh etc — it was through that that she was cast in Les Mis and from there the film etc. I think she's great, but she isn't exactly your typical drama school graduate.
Oh trust me I know, sorry my original post wasn’t too clear I didn’t mean to say she’s a typical grad I more meant that you’ve now got examples of “big names” and grads both managing social media fan bases and either being at the top or getting to the top of their game in essentially the public eye (granted at different extremes and levels) and they seem to be managing it better than Carrie 90% if the time, such as with the WEL incident

Reactions: 3
So Grace Mouat, who literally burst onto the West End right at her graduation as the original solo / super swing in SIX, then went into &Juliet as alternate Juliet (leading lady) and then one of the three Delta Nu girls in Legally Blonde, has been revealed as Cinderella in Roger’s and Hammerstein’s Cinderella (the one that actually has lovely music and lyrics 👀)
I love that one SO much!

Your opinion (nor anyone else’s) is not fact though, it’s just an opinion. Someone looking unfit in your eyes is not the same as someone actually being unfit.

Reactions: 15
Why does she come across so defensive in her post about how she handles chub rub? Any time she complains about something and gets suggestions it's like she has to write a monologue about why she knows how to find a solution

Reactions: 16

I agree but she worked for it. Jesse buckly was on the same show, didn't win but both her and Sam took their exposure and advantage and ran with it. They worked to better themselves and to challenge themselves. Jessie went back and trained in drama school and has now been in some high profile tv series and movies, plus the lauded Cabaret revival in London. Sam has played a supporting role in a major musical movie, had leading roles on tour, on broadway and in the west end. Yes the TV show gave them a leg up but they took that opportunity and ran with it.

Carrie, thanks to her famous brother and social media following, had a similar leg up. What did she do? She sat on her arse and waited for people and opportunity to come to her.

Reactions: 14
I agree but she worked for it. Jesse buckly was on the same show, didn't win but both her and Sam took their exposure and advantage and ran with it. They worked to better themselves and to challenge themselves. Jessie went back and trained in drama school and has now been in some high profile tv series and movies, plus the lauded Cabaret revival in London. Sam has played a supporting role in a major musical movie, had leading roles on tour, on broadway and in the west end. Yes the TV show gave them a leg up but they took that opportunity and ran with it.

Carrie, thanks to her famous brother and social media following, had a similar leg up. What did she do? She sat on her arse and waited for people and opportunity to come to her.
That same show also produced Rachel Tucker who’s one of if not the longest running Elphaba and obviously ran in Come From Away as well working for it and managing her relationship with being well known as well

Reactions: 6
I see one of the girls on theatre tiktok mainly talking about costumes and such who absolutely slates Carrie every chance she can was in hollywood studios the same time as Carrie and turned into the biggest fangirl going. Bit hypocritical if you ask me.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I see one of the girls on theatre tiktok mainly talking about costumes and such who absolutely slates Carrie every chance she can was in hollywood studios the same time as Carrie and turned into the biggest fangirl going. Bit hypocritical if you ask me.
Omg no way, who is it?

What’s with the face she pulls all the time? Even in her reel of her trying drinks she’s doing it…WHILE DRINKING. The half wink, eyebrow raised, wide eye look? I don’t get it.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.