Carrie Hope Fletcher #27 Live, Laugh, Love Out Loud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Legal drinking age in the US is 21. BUT anybody who works in retail knows you’re supposed to ask anyone who doesn’t look over 30. I bet Disney is extra careful so they don’t get in legal trouble. You’re not that special, Carrie.
Yeah but if you go on a Disney cruise you won't ever be asked for ID because everyone who goes on it has to show their passport and cruise number you DOB and cruise number is put into the system, they take your photo and add it to the profile and assign you the room key so then each time you buy anything you scan your card key and it automatically tells them your age and has picture proof you are who they are serving.
I have been on cruises with Disney myself and they did this even to my grandparents who were in the seventies at the time.
So it's just lies that they even asked her for ID on a Disney Cruise

Reactions: 6
I can’t help but wonder this too. Clearly it wasn’t a civil breakup, wonder what was said?! Carrie did genuinely seem devastated, not taking up for her but I think we all know that feeling and it’s just the worst.
Why wouldn't it be civil? Oliver said he reached out to her to congratulate her about Joel - I'm sure if it wasn't civil he would cut all contact.

I'd imagine it was just like very awkward for him and "surprising" for her, but I doubt he said horrible things to her. He probably just wanted out and she was surprised they weren't getting married. I still remember the time that, within a span of a week, Oliver posted one video saying he never wanted to get married and then a few days later on a live Carrie said "I have a boyfriend and I'm hoping he'll propose to me" (in response to a fan saying "marry me" or something)

They've just never been on the same page

Reactions: 13
Just calling it as I see it, she does look unfit. For someone her age she has let herself go which is why she looks older than her age. She used to be gorgeous years ago (for example in the video someone posted of her taking over Tom's house).

Stating facts is not mean IMHO.
Im sorry but what does ‘she does look unfit’ mean?
Genuinely - you can’t tell how fit a person is based on how they look
And ‘she has let herself go’ screams of fatphobia
I mean heaven forbid a fully grown woman is larger than she was when she was a teenager

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Why wouldn't it be civil? Oliver said he reached out to her to congratulate her about Joel - I'm sure if it wasn't civil he would cut all contact.

I'd imagine it was just like very awkward for him and "surprising" for her, but I doubt he said horrible things to her. He probably just wanted out and she was surprised they weren't getting married. I still remember the time that, within a span of a week, Oliver posted one video saying he never wanted to get married and then a few days later on a live Carrie said "I have a boyfriend and I'm hoping he'll propose to me" (in response to a fan saying "marry me" or something)

They've just never been on the same page
Did you see all of the things Carrie posted about the breakup and the things she said about the breakup? At the time and right after they broke up I don’t think it was civil. Also, when Oliver started posting on Instagram again people commented mentioning Carrie and he deleted all of them, he also deleted posts of them, she deleted their videos together on YouTub also. They might be civil now, who knows, but I don’t think the breakup itself was civil.

Reactions: 5
And here’s me starting to second guess myself that perhaps I’ve misjudged him or been unfair.

Nope. Still can’t stand him. No-one wants to see your sex faces Oliver- just smile nicely and we’ll all be much happier.
He was always slightly weird tbh, those huge starey eyes, the wide mouth frog impression, the oh by gum, I'm from t'North vibe, he tried to get on the YouTube wagon vids old Carrie but the efforts at duets were sometimes cringeworthy. I don't think he's ever going to be interested in marriage. I remember watching him on his mum's Don't tell the Bride when she remarried in a cinema! Forgot how annoying he was to listen to, he seems like another manchild to me!

He was always slightly weird tbh, those huge starey eyes, the wide mouth frog impression, the oh by gum, I'm from t'North vibe, he tried to get on the YouTube wagon vids old Carrie but the efforts at duets were sometimes cringeworthy. I don't think he's ever going to be interested in marriage. I remember watching him on his mum's Don't tell the Bride when she remarried in a cinema! Forgot how annoying he was to listen to, he seems like another manchild to me!
I didn’t watch him on don’t tell the bride, how did he act? Was he annoying?

Did you see all of the things Carrie posted about the breakup and the things she said about the breakup? At the time and right after they broke up I don’t think it was civil. Also, when Oliver started posting on Instagram again people commented mentioning Carrie and he deleted all of them, he also deleted posts of them, she deleted their videos together on YouTub also. They might be civil now, who knows, but I don’t think the breakup itself was civil.
Carrie loves to play the victim in every scenario, I'm not sure why this would be any different? Also she never said he did anything bad to her - all she kept saying was he "left" her - so I still don't see how that's not civil? It makes sense that he would delete the comments about her on his photos after the breakup - that's in the past and also why would he get into Instagram comment wars? That's what childish people like Carrie do. I'm just not sure where you're getting they were "uncivil" to each other

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Carrie loves to play the victim in every scenario, I'm not sure why this would be any different? Also she never said he did anything bad to her - all she kept saying was he "left" her - so I still don't see how that's not civil? It makes sense that he would delete the comments about her on his photos after the breakup - that's in the past and also why would he get into Instagram comment wars? That's what childish people like Carrie do. I'm just not sure where you're getting they were "uncivil" to each other
Because that’s how it came across too me, just my opinion.🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Because that’s how it came across too me, just my opinion.🤷🏻‍♀️
Ok we can agree to disagree. I think that if he had treated her poorly at the end or been "uncivil" to her then she would be shouting it from the rooftops

Reactions: 3
Ok we can agree to disagree. I think that if he had treated her poorly at the end or been "uncivil" to her then she would be shouting it from the rooftops
I just find them both so insufferable, I always have but I think they’ve both gotten worse since they broke up🤷🏻‍♀️ Who knows for sure what happened, their relationship was just always so weird to me🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
On the live in his latest grid post, Joel was asked how long he and Carrie have been dating for, and he said about two months. I was one of those who assumed it was longer (maybe hanging out from March, dating since March/April, like that one Tattler said), but seems it must have been May, then. Around the time they started posting about each other on social media. He posted about Carrie being his girlfriend on the 7th May - I'm not gonna be all "that's too early" because my partner wanted us to be girlfriends two weeks into dating - though neither of us posted anything with the other on social media until three months in.

He was also asked if he's met Carrie's family, and he said he's met her parents quite a few times, and met Tom & Gi once - unplanned or something - "she kind of sprung it on me". That does make the story he posted wishing them a good holiday sliightly better, but still cringe. Sorry, Joel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Hurriedly clicking through Carrie's story (again, Disney content is boring for me) and good grief can this family ever close their mouths! Can you imagine their great grandchildren cracking the family albums out and seeing photograph after photograph of everybody like this:
😲 😱 😧 😛
🤣🤣

I thought the Alessia & Oliver story posts were quite sweet, as awkward as they are to see a lot of people take silly then serious/sexy photographs in those photobooths. He does look far more attractive when he is not pouting, there is no need for it!

RE: their last conversation - wasn't there a poster a while ago who claimed they knew Carrrie in some sense and claimed she would throw a strop if she did not get her way? Or something to that affect? I wonder if she threw a strop assuming he would give into her demands and wouldn't go through with finishing things - hence it taking her by surprise when he did?
This is of course a total guess, we will likely never know (sadly 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Probably a bit of a knee jerk reaction. I have been scorned and shall remove all trace of the scorned from my life.

Reactions: 2
Im sorry but what does ‘she does look unfit’ mean?
Genuinely - you can’t tell how fit a person is based on how they look
And ‘she has let herself go’ screams of fatphobia
I mean heaven forbid a fully grown woman is larger than she was when she was a teenager
I have to agree with this. She’s not working out the same as some Westend cast but did train for a marathon and those steps she was branded lazy for were on a cruise!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Carrie is the type to react very, very badly no matter how kindly or gently Oliver may have ended things. If anything I think if he’d actually mistreated her we’d have seen far more damning indirects towards him on her socials.

Remember when she said ‘he bailed on us’. That alone was very telling. Carrie is a deeply entitled self absorbed person. So (in her mind) being dumped was always going to get framed as a hideous wrong being committed against her.

I’ve always felt that while she was heartbroken yes, she was mostly just deeply outraged that he would dare toss her to the side. Don’t forget that her passive aggressive Instagram post about struggling in Cinderella and hearing the lines about being unloved and unattractive (that ended up getting picked up by the papers) happened just after it was confirmed that Oliver was seeing his new gf. And then two weeks later Joel was on the scene.

And all her tasteless comments about how Joel is the best man she’s ever known, how good it is to finally have a partner who is supportive, how different it all feels. Even saying she nursed a crush for Joel all throughout the time she was with Oliver.

All because she’s unable to just accept the fact that Oliver didn’t want her. Her whole life since then has been a big performance and attempt to one up him. If she wasn’t so narcissistic she’d realise she’s wasting her energy on a one sided competition.

Oliver couldn’t care less and imo he never did. He’s posted more of his new relationship on IG in the last few months than he did with Carrie in the past 5 years combined. The sooner she accepts/processes this unpleasant reality then the closer she can get to actually living an authentic and happy life.

Reactions: 38
I think we can all agree that Oli never intended it to go further than a fling during addams. I am sure certain feelings were there but before he knew it he got trapped lol. We can only speculate what was said throughout their relationship but Oli made it abundantly clear he did not want kids/marriage. I reckon Carrie was just grabbing on for dear life in the hope that he would eventually give in and change his mind.

If my SO was pretty big online and I saw how crazy their fanbase were, I'd be hesitant to dump them as well lol.

Reactions: 18
I feel like Oliver probably didn't share much about why he was leaving her because she's so prone to explosion and the type that you have to walk on eggshells around. And that might be why she felt so blindsided and confused when it ended. Like, if he left her because he no longer felt attracted to her, I can't think of anyway he could share that without triggering a rage fit. Or if he left her because she's so prone to oversharing and online meltdowns

It seems all her boyfriends are ultra self-absorbed, even Joel. He uses the guise of 'supporting his girlfriend' so he can gloat about how he's managed to bag such an 'amazing woman' because it shows how great he is. Heartbroken Carrie loves it (for now) because all the fanfare means Oliver might see it, and also because it strokes her own ego. I believe 100% Carrie will start getting sick of it when she gets over Oliver. Even someone as self-absorbed as her is going to get annoyed with the super-over-the-top-borderline-psychotic-social-media-fuelled love bombing sessions Joel goes on to satisfy himself, especially when people in Carrie's personal life starting getting comfortable enough after a while to comment on how strange it is. I think their relationship freaks me out because I just feel like Joel is a really sinister character. Everyone, especially women, have met someone like Joel. a self-proclaimed 'nice, friendly guy' who's actually a narcissistic asshole.

Reactions: 15
Carrie is the type to react very, very badly no matter how kindly or gently Oliver may have ended things. If anything I think if he’d actually mistreated her we’d have seen far more damning indirects towards him on her socials.

Remember when she said ‘he bailed on us’. That alone was very telling. Carrie is a deeply entitled self absorbed person. So (in her mind) being dumped was always going to get framed as a hideous wrong being committed against her.

I’ve always felt that while she was heartbroken yes, she was mostly just deeply outraged that he would dare toss her to the side. Don’t forget that her passive aggressive Instagram post about struggling in Cinderella and hearing the lines about being unloved and unattractive (that ended up getting picked up by the papers) happened just after it was confirmed that Oliver was seeing his new gf. And then two weeks later Joel was on the scene.

And all her tasteless comments about how Joel is the best man she’s ever known, how good it is to finally have a partner who is supportive, how different it all feels. Even saying she nursed a crush for Joel all throughout the time she was with Oliver.

All because she’s unable to just accept the fact that Oliver didn’t want her. Her whole life since then has been a big performance and attempt to one up him. If she wasn’t so narcissistic she’d realise she’s wasting her energy on a one sided competition.

Oliver couldn’t care less and imo he never did. He’s posted more of his new relationship on IG in the last few months than he did with Carrie in the past 5 years combined. The sooner she accepts/processes this unpleasant reality then the closer she can get to actually living an authentic and happy life.
Agree with all of this. Carrie is always either the hero or the victim in every situation and a breakup is not different. As I said right after they broke up, I bet she was more shocked about being left than the relationship actually ending. You said it perfectly. she was outraged that he left her, and her reaction to the breakup were passive-aggressive comments and posts on social media until she found a fool who matched her level of LOOK AT ME for a partner. This relationship is a performance, for Olli's sake and ours, so we know that someone desires the perfect Carrie Hope Fletcher who has never done a thing wrong in her entire life :rolleyes: And yeah, Olli couldn't care less, he's not been the uncivil one in this breakup, at least not publicly.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.