Carrie Hope Fletcher #27 Live, Laugh, Love Out Loud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Disagree, I think it's great if they decide to get married. You can want different things from different relationships. Carrie messed up in thinking that she could change him to want marriage and kids. He was pretty upfront publicly about not wanting that
I wouldn't date someone that told me they didn't want to get married, so I don't think I'd ever find myself in her situation. I broke it off after 2-3 months when the topic came up and we were not aligned.

But if Ollie said he didn't want to get married when he was dating her (and they were adults dating for years, not teenagers who change their minds when they grow up) and now he were to decide to get married, it would have literally meant he thought Carrie was not marriage material.
I don't think it's something easy to deal with, I'd be devastated and I even think I have great self esteem. But some things hit hard and nothing you can do about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why does it seem like anytime I say something about Oliver and how I don’t like him personally, people come for me but others say the same things about him and nobody comes for them?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him or what he posted on Instagram, someone else posted his Instagram story from yesterday on here and I responded to it with my opinion, they said how it made them cringe but they still looked at his Instagram and follow him even after the breakup, so why just come for me? We all agree how Carrie is insufferable and annoying but yet we still follow her. I’ve never liked Oliver, I’ve always said this, but it seems like a lot of people started taking up for him after the breakup, I remember one time someone posted one of his pouting selfies on here and I responded to it with a joke and got attacked by several people for it and was called a bully for a silly joke I made that was harmless. But people complained about Oliver all the time when they were together on here and no one was attacked or called a bully for it, but when I say something I get called a bully for it? And have people being extremely rude to me over it? Let me ask you, why do you follow Carrie if she makes you cringe so bad? Why do you follow Joel if he makes you cringe so bad? Why do we follow anyone we don’t like? I’ve never liked Oliver or Carrie and I probably never will, just my opinion, but I’m not the only one saying stuff about Oliver on here, so why are people like this to me over it?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him yesterday! I just don’t understand it.
Well said... When I read that person's question I couldn't believe it.... We ALL agree here that Carrie is cringeworthy and irritating but we still follow her!!! Also I hate it when people say "I'm not being rude, I'm genuinely asking a question" and then subtly come for you. I totally agree with you x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can't imagine an engagement, but I can 1000% imagine him getting her a promise ring like 13 year olds do. I honestly don't know which one is worse.
I also can not see an imminent engagement for them and if he did I get the impression Carrie would actually reject him. But a promise ring I could see happening, or at least a "very special ring"

Reactions: 4
the past wdw trips they have been to (and Carrie’s Disneyland Paris trip) all have been gifted and they also have barely disclosed as gifted. I think carrie only did after getting called out so I would be really surprised if this trip isn’t gifted as well.
I’m under the impression the cruise was gifted but the rest wasn’t, they only seemed to be doing media stuff on the cruise.

Reactions: 2
I know Carrie posted this to be playful but something about Joel’s response makes me feel like he is actually bothered Carrie would publicly say something like this….😬
Village idiot face photograph number 3,000

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wouldn't date someone that told me they didn't want to get married, so I don't think I'd ever find myself in her situation. I broke it off after 2-3 months when the topic came up and we were not aligned.

But if Ollie said he didn't want to get married when he was dating her (and they were adults dating for years, not teenagers who change their minds when they grow up) and now he were to decide to get married, it would have literally meant he thought Carrie was not marriage material.
I don't think it's something easy to deal with, I'd be devastated and I even think I have great self esteem. But some things hit hard and nothing you can do about it.
Aint that the truth. I'd put money on him getting married to a younger woman when he's in his late 30s / early 40s.

Reactions: 13

Yeah I think the situation just reminds me of 500 days of summer, where Summer thought she didn't want marriage but she just didn't want it with Tom. I don't think there's anything wrong with Oliver thinking another girl could be marriage material for him but Carrie isn't. I can see why it would be an ego hit for her, though. Hopefully she's too busy being plunged into happiness to care

I’m under the impression the cruise was gifted but the rest wasn’t, they only seemed to be doing media stuff on the cruise.
Same here. We know they all love a freebie but they can also definitely afford to buy their own trip

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It wouldn't necessarily literally mean that, though. I understand you might mean Carrie could interpret it that way, but people can change their mind about marriage for all sorts of reasons. I personally also never really saw myself getting married before I was in a relationship with my current boyfriend, and that wasn't because I thought there was something wrong with my exes, or because I looked down on them, or because I thought they weren't good enough or attractive enough to deserve me as a spouse. It was just because at that time I wasn't emotionally ready for marriage, and because we weren't compatible enough for me to be able to picture building a happy life with them.

It could still be devastating to realise that an ex who you were willing to marry didn't want to marry you, but does want to marry someone else- that you interpreted your relationship so differently. But I wouldn't say that would be the big sign that Oliver has deemed Carrie unworthy of marriage, or something. I'd hope she wouldn't interpret it that way.

Plus, you know, I also wonder how much she wanted to marry Oliver because her insecurities make her crave that kind of romantic validation. Maybe if she were more capable of self-reflection she also would have realised she and Oliver weren't suited to spend the rest of their lives together, but since she isn't, he was the only one capable of acknowledging that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Am I the only one baffled by her wearing foundation went Florida is really warm? Idk, I love make up but I only usually but mascara on when it's really sunny 🌞

Reactions: 8

I would actually feel a bit sorry for her if Ollie proposed to the new girl after saying he wasn’t into the idea.
I’m neutral on marriage, might happen might not but if my BF outright said no and I came to terms with it and then he broke up with me and proposed to someone else it would sting

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1408911

Look how she looks decades younger without the heavy frames and with some of her makeup removed from the rain and a more normal expression. Crazy how much like her younger self she looks under all the walls she puts up against it.

You beat me to it! 😂 Also her hair is darkened by the rain and it's instantly more flattering!
Carrie is so so naturally pretty! Wish she would hire and stylist and makeup artist to give her some advice

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.