Carrie Hope Fletcher #27 Live, Laugh, Love Out Loud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does it seem like anytime I say something about Oliver and how I don’t like him personally, people come for me but others say the same things about him and nobody comes for them?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him or what he posted on Instagram, someone else posted his Instagram story from yesterday on here and I responded to it with my opinion, they said how it made them cringe but they still looked at his Instagram and follow him even after the breakup, so why just come for me? We all agree how Carrie is insufferable and annoying but yet we still follow her. I’ve never liked Oliver, I’ve always said this, but it seems like a lot of people started taking up for him after the breakup, I remember one time someone posted one of his pouting selfies on here and I responded to it with a joke and got attacked by several people for it and was called a bully for a silly joke I made that was harmless. But people complained about Oliver all the time when they were together on here and no one was attacked or called a bully for it, but when I say something I get called a bully for it? And have people being extremely rude to me over it? Let me ask you, why do you follow Carrie if she makes you cringe so bad? Why do you follow Joel if he makes you cringe so bad? Why do we follow anyone we don’t like? I’ve never liked Oliver or Carrie and I probably never will, just my opinion, but I’m not the only one saying stuff about Oliver on here, so why are people like this to me over it?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him yesterday! I just don’t understand it.
You’ve made a really valid point - so many people were critical of him when they were together and now defend him/paint him as this poor figure who Carrie kept locked in her house in lockdown. He was fully able to leave something he clearly wasn’t into but didn’t. That’s a crappy way to behave 🤷🏼‍♀️

I find Carrie annoying and quite blind to her own flaws but I don’t think she’s fundamentally horrid like some of you paint her to be. You act like he couldn’t escape, he’s a grown adult. I don’t understand the switch to the ‘poor Oliver’ view point from so many people. And in terms of why do people keep following him? He’s still heavily part of Carrie’s story (even if it’s only in her head) and it’s interesting to see how he’s moving on whilst she’s continuing this faux-mance with Joel.

Reactions: 28
her foundation looks so so dry in her disney pictures, this is something else that really ages her (and annoys me lol). she has lovely skin anyway - i’m surprised she hasn’t followed the current less is more trend with makeup because she would definitely look fine doing it. if she really wants to cover her skin in something get a BB or CC cream with spf, its lighter and moisturising so would make her look much less cakey and flakey. right now it just looks like she has the driest face ever, when we all know she has gorgeous skin!

Reactions: 14
So we’ve not had any sweets posts containing tagged people. I wonder if front of house/stage door kicked off about the kings chest shambles?

Reactions: 5
It sounds like you are judging her fitness levels and looking gorgeous on the size of her body. Body size does not give an indication of someone's fitness level. I have a similar body shape to Carrie and years ago was considered "skinny" but any exercise would leave me gasping for breath. I'm bigger now but fitter than I've ever been and it annoys me when someone thinks I will struggle to do exercise or I'm lazy just because I'm a size 16.
I don't think she looks unfit, she just ages herself with her clothing and silly faces in pictures.
I ran a 100km ultra at size 16, it's just about being healthy at whatever size you are.

I think she looks perfectly "fit"

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I just meant it's super easy to ignore him if he makes you cringe. I get following people we don't like, I mean, I'm here aren't I? I just thought that Oliver, with no ties to Carrie anymore and no content he produces, is someone so insignificant that he's not even worth following if he makes people cringe. I love discussing Carrie on here, I used to enjoy her videos back in the day and I find her actions and what she chooses to put out there interesting to watch. But I have unfollowed countless social media folks who've annoyed me or made me cringe and who weren't even worth discussing anymore. I guess that's what I was getting at, not blaming or finger pointing for even mentioning him :)
Not to insert myself too much, but I have to agree with Jolene on this one. It's hardly fair to ask why we follow someone that annoys us when we're all on this thread following someone who annoys us lol also I think Oliver is still tied to Carrie in the sense that they have a past and she clearly is still trying to send him a message through her actions as so many have suggested here. I hope I'm not coming across as mean I'm just saying I think we all have a right to still follow and comment on Oli even if we don't like him since he's def still linked to Carrie. Hell, we sometimes bring up Pete and Alex and I know we don't follow them but if Pete suddenly popped back up on socials I'd be checking it out and I know someone here would mention it!

Reactions: 30
At this point they can’t no longer use Gi’s work trip as an excuse to not tag their gifted trip. They have been there for over a week, they are definitely not paying for 7 daily tickets plus hotels room in an expensive hotel and while the cruise was “work” I’m 100% their current stay is gifted and yet neither Carrie or Tom have disclosed it.

Reactions: 19
There's no way it doesn't hurt Carrie to see her ex of 5 years publicly showing off his new girl in a way that he never did for her

Reactions: 20
Maybe she sent a standard copy/paste message to a bunch of potential suitors and Joel responded within 1/10th of a second of receiving it so she went with him.

She only said all that stuff about Joel to make her new relationship seem all fairytale-esque to an outsider. It wouldn't even surprise me if they started this off on tinder. But that's not romantic enough for our Carrie.
There is no doubt in my mind that she hit up a bunch of colleagues "innocently" asking to hang and Joel happened to stick, oh to be able to read her DM's 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There is no doubt in my mind that she hit up a bunch of colleagues "innocently" asking to hang and Joel happened to stick, oh to be able to read her DM's 😂
I wonder if she just made a beeline for Joel though - his desperation is palpable and she was probably looking to couple up ASAP

Reactions: 2
I wonder if she just made a beeline for Joel though - his desperation is palpable and she was probably looking to couple up ASAP
That's a good point! I wonder if she had back-ups in place or if she went straight for him cause she knew he def wouldn't say no

There's no way it doesn't hurt Carrie to see her ex of 5 years publicly showing off his new girl in a way that he never did for her
Would she know?
I mean when I've broken up (both when I've been dumped or did the dumping) I stopped following my ex on social media because it was good for me to forget about them completely. And none of my friends had the bad idea to tell me about them.

Unless of course she's reading here and seeing us talking about it. If not, she should not know what Ollie posts on his social media as it would be healthier IMHO.

Reactions: 2
Would she know?
I mean when I've broken up (both when I've been dumped or did the dumping) I stopped following my ex on social media because it was good for me to forget about them completely. And none of my friends had the bad idea to tell me about them.

Unless of course she's reading here and seeing us talking about it. If not, she should not know what Ollie posts on his social media as it would be healthier IMHO.
True, but they also all work in theater where everyone knows everyone, they’ll also be at the same events or parties at some point I’m sure, just like the WOS Awards. Theatre is a small circle so I’m sure she hears stuff about them from others that also work in theater. But that’s so true, she needs to not follow Oliver or see what he’s posting, we can say whatever we want about Carrie, but you know it has to hurt her how he’s posting about his new gf and how he’s posted more about her in such a short amount of time and he never posted that much in the span of 5 years with Carrie.

It’s almost like Oliver was almost weirdly ashamed of his relationship with Carrie, not sure why, just being honest but he does come across as very vain too me. Not saying Carrie isn’t beautiful, even though I don’t always love her style choices or hair sometimes, I still think Carrie is beautiful, everyone’s beautiful in their own ways, but Oliver does come across as very smug and self absorbed too me, especially now. I can’t help but think what happens if Carrie and Joel’s relationship falls through, what will she do then? She can claim she’s happy all she wants, and I do hope she truly is, as much as her and Joel give me the ick, I do hope she’s truly happy, but honestly I’m not buying it.

Reactions: 12
I really don’t like the scrunched pout face she does in pictures, it’s what you’d do as tween/early teen

Reactions: 9
Would she know?
I mean when I've broken up (both when I've been dumped or did the dumping) I stopped following my ex on social media because it was good for me to forget about them completely.
except we know carrie reads here specially when she has bad mental states. I don’t doubt she would also stalk her exs to see how they are doing after a breakup.

Carrie knows what’s best for her mental health but won’t follow through, it’s hard I know but if she still affected by the breakup then she will probably keep checking his socials.

Reactions: 9
True, but they also all work in theater where everyone knows everyone, they’ll also be at the same events or parties at some point I’m sure, just like the WOS Awards. Theatre is a small circle so I’m sure she hears stuff about them from others that also work in theater. But that’s so true, she needs to not follow Oliver or see what he’s posting, we can say whatever we want about Carrie, but you know it has to hurt her how he’s posting about his new gf and how he’s posted more about her in such a short amount of time and he never posted that much in the span of 5 years with Carrie.

It’s almost like Oliver was almost weirdly ashamed of his relationship with Carrie, not sure why, just being honest but he does come across as very vain too me. Not saying Carrie isn’t beautiful, even though I don’t always love her style choices or hair sometimes, I still think Carrie is beautiful, everyone’s beautiful in their own ways, but Oliver does come across as very smug and self absorbed too me, especially now. I can’t help but think what happens if Carrie and Joel’s relationship falls through, what will she do then? She can claim she’s happy all she wants, and I do hope she truly is, as much as her and Joel give me the ick, I do hope she’s truly happy, but honestly I’m not buying it.
I can't see their relationship failing, only in the sense that they are both so desperate to make it work that they'll stick it out no matter what

Reactions: 19
I can't see their relationship failing, only in the sense that they are both so desperate to make it work that they'll stick it out no matter what
Very true, oh god I can see them getting engaged this month on their holiday.🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
At this point they can’t no longer use Gi’s work trip as an excuse to not tag their gifted trip. They have been there for over a week, they are definitely not paying for 7 daily tickets plus hotels room in an expensive hotel and while the cruise was “work” I’m 100% their current stay is gifted and yet neither Carrie or Tom have disclosed it.
If you buy park tickets from the UK they're sold as a bundle of 7 or 14 days. I imagine if they did pay for it, it's not out of the realm of possibility they did that option?

I don't really know much about Tom and Gi. I grew up in the states so I didn't know McFly and other than that I know Gi from cbeebies and my son has a couple of Tom's books, didn't even realise they were related to Carrie for ages (who I had never heard of until I randomly decided to see Heathers). Are they actually this bad? Are they actually big enough celebrities to even warrant free stuff?

Very true, oh god I can see them getting engaged this month on their holiday.🤦🏻‍♀️
Oh gosh,I really hope that doesn't happen. I have a friend who got out of a long term relationship (6 years) he was heartbroken and attached himself to the first woman who gave him the attention he craved. It was clearly a rebound relationship but he couldn't see it at first and proposed fairly quickly. They were together for 3 years but he was unhappy and it all ended badly. I know that people can fall in love quickly and everything work out amazingly but Carrie and Joel just gives me weird forced vibes. Maybe if they'd been discreet for a few months then announced their relationship it would be different and we'd all be supporting her. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.