Carrie Hope Fletcher #27 Live, Laugh, Love Out Loud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst I don’t think Oliver cheated I think he had definitely already laid some groundwork with this new girl before dumping Carrie. He moved on very quickly and was seen with her at an event not long after and then was in Paris what felt like not long after that.

I think he only left Carrie because he knew he had something else lined up. He had worked with that girl before too so she has got to be wondering if there was an overlap even just texting etc

Reactions: 11
Whilst I don’t think Oliver cheated I think he had definitely already laid some groundwork with this new girl before dumping Carrie. He moved on very quickly and was seen with her at an event not long after and then was in Paris what felt like not long after that.

I think he only left Carrie because he knew he had something else lined up. He had worked with that girl before too so she has got to be wondering if there was an overlap even just texting etc
Yeah, this could have happened and as we all know, it wouldnt have been the first time. I did wonder if the reason Carrie never alluded to this is because she knows she did the same with Pete. Despite the adjusted timeline of their relationship, people know about the overlap in relationships when they began dating/being fuckbuddies. When Carrie realized that people were talking about this (on GG), that's when she dropped her #metoo bomb about Pete.

Reactions: 9

Yep, I completely agree with this, Oliver knew what he was doing. I mean look how Carrie and Oliver got together. I think he only left Carrie because he knew he had someone else lined up also. I think Carrie hasn’t said anything or hinted at anything about this because of how her and Oliver got together, just my opinion but I’ve always found Oliver equally as insufferable as Carrie and I honestly have always thought he seems like a bit of a self absorbed dick, just being honest here. I think they’ve both gotten worse since the breakup, they both make me cringe even more now.🤢

Reactions: 9
Yep, I completely agree with this, Oliver knew what he was doing. I mean look how Carrie and Oliver got together. I think he only left Carrie because he knew he had someone else lined up also. I think Carrie hasn’t said anything or hinted at anything about this because of how her and Oliver got together, just my opinion but I’ve always found Oliver equally as insufferable as Carrie and I honestly have always thought he seems like a bit of a self absorbed dick, just being honest here. I think they’ve both gotten worse since the breakup, they both make me cringe even more now.🤢
Can I ask, out of honest curiosity, why you still follow him? I mean, there's hardly a way to escape a CarrieBoyfriend (like Joel now) when they're together, but once there's been a breakup, what's the reason to still follow the ex? Especially an ex who has moved on from Carrie? If he makes you cringe even more than when he was with Carrie...why not rid yourself of that feeling and ignore the guy? I'm not shading you Jolene, I hope you know that!

Reactions: 8
Am I the only one who slowly gets the impression that Oliver might even be ashamed of his relationship with Carrie in hindsight? I just scrolled through his insta profile for the first time and although he has carefully removed EVERY reference to his ex-girlfriend CHF, there are still (at least some) very telling photos with Summer.

The contrast between how he handled Carrie online and how he does it now with his new GF is stark imo. I don’t want to unknowingly blame anyone here, but it’t so striking just how much happier and more genuine he seems (besides his weird sex face ☠). We probably all agree that Alessia is better suited to him in every aspect, but oh boy, the difference in his behaviour! I’m very sure it must (still) hurt Carrie to see that. Why did he stay with her for a whole five years? I can’t believe it’s the “rent free in London”-thing.

Reactions: 28

I sometimes wonder if there was possibly an emotional overlap on Carrie's side with Joel? She certainly has history of this, people would often point out her flirtatious behaviour around other men and she herself admitted to fancying him while being with Oliver. It would also explain why they quickly felt so at ease with each other and saying "I love you" so soon?

Reactions: 1
I sometimes wonder if there was possibly an emotional overlap on Carrie's side with Joel? She certainly has history of this, people would often point out her flirtatious behaviour around other men and she herself admitted to fancying him while being with Oliver. It would also explain why they quickly felt so at ease with each other and saying "I love you" so soon?
I don’t think Joel was even on her radar in that way despite what she says until after Oliver. Wonder if it was Joel’s dm she slid into or if there were others

Can I ask, out of honest curiosity, why you still follow him? I mean, there's hardly a way to escape a CarrieBoyfriend (like Joel now) when they're together, but once there's been a breakup, what's the reason to still follow the ex? Especially an ex who has moved on from Carrie? If he makes you cringe even more than when he was with Carrie...why not rid yourself of that feeling and ignore the guy? I'm not shading you Jolene, I hope you know that!
I guess the same could be said for why follow anyone we don’t like. It’s intriguing

Reactions: 13
I believe that she only says this so that people will believe it and so that her choice will not seem all too random, not because it's actually true. She was (understandably, after five years) so heartbroken over the breakup, talked about it kind of publicly for so long (or at least implied things, think of that weird first post after the split, edited a million times), that I highly doubt she would have – harsh as it may sound – voluntarily chosen Joel over Oliver. She just a) couldn't stand being single any longer and b) she could stand being alone even less while Oli already has a new girlfriend, which – unlike Carrie before – he shows so publicly.

Everything Carrie and Joel post about each other now seems weirdly manufactured and OTT, not... real. I haven't fully understood Joel's motives and the changes in his behavior over the past two months, but I think Carrie is actually still hurting and very, very sad about what happened with Oliver.

Reactions: 20
I guess the same could be said for why follow anyone we don’t like. It’s intriguing
This is true and normally I’d agree, but normally we discuss influencers and what they do, and Oliver - to me at least- is just the ex of one. Or maybe I’m underestimating his level of fame and he truly needs his own thread :D

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Why does it seem like anytime I say something about Oliver and how I don’t like him personally, people come for me but others say the same things about him and nobody comes for them?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him or what he posted on Instagram, someone else posted his Instagram story from yesterday on here and I responded to it with my opinion, they said how it made them cringe but they still looked at his Instagram and follow him even after the breakup, so why just come for me? We all agree how Carrie is insufferable and annoying but yet we still follow her. I’ve never liked Oliver, I’ve always said this, but it seems like a lot of people started taking up for him after the breakup, I remember one time someone posted one of his pouting selfies on here and I responded to it with a joke and got attacked by several people for it and was called a bully for a silly joke I made that was harmless. But people complained about Oliver all the time when they were together on here and no one was attacked or called a bully for it, but when I say something I get called a bully for it? And have people being extremely rude to me over it? Let me ask you, why do you follow Carrie if she makes you cringe so bad? Why do you follow Joel if he makes you cringe so bad? Why do we follow anyone we don’t like? I’ve never liked Oliver or Carrie and I probably never will, just my opinion, but I’m not the only one saying stuff about Oliver on here, so why are people like this to me over it?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him yesterday! I just don’t understand it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why does it seem like anytime I say something about Oliver and how I don’t like him personally, people come for me but others say the same things about him and nobody comes for them?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him or what he posted on Instagram, someone else posted his Instagram story from yesterday on here and I responded to it with my opinion, they said how it made them cringe but they still looked at his Instagram and follow him even after the breakup, so why just come for me? We all agree how Carrie is insufferable and annoying but yet we still follow her. I’ve never liked Oliver, I’ve always said this, but it seems like a lot of people started taking up for him after the breakup, I remember one time someone posted one of his pouting selfies on here and I responded to it with a joke and got attacked by several people for it and was called a bully for a silly joke I made that was harmless. But people complained about Oliver all the time when they were together on here and no one was attacked or called a bully for it, but when I say something I get called a bully for it? And have people being extremely rude to me over it? Let me ask you, why do you follow Carrie if she makes you cringe so bad? Why do you follow Joel if he makes you cringe so bad? Why do we follow anyone we don’t like? I’ve never liked Oliver or Carrie and I probably never will, just my opinion, but I’m not the only one saying stuff about Oliver on here, so why are people like this to me over it?! I’m not even the one who initially posted about him yesterday! I just don’t understand it.
I just meant it's super easy to ignore him if he makes you cringe. I get following people we don't like, I mean, I'm here aren't I? I just thought that Oliver, with no ties to Carrie anymore and no content he produces, is someone so insignificant that he's not even worth following if he makes people cringe. I love discussing Carrie on here, I used to enjoy her videos back in the day and I find her actions and what she chooses to put out there interesting to watch. But I have unfollowed countless social media folks who've annoyed me or made me cringe and who weren't even worth discussing anymore. I guess that's what I was getting at, not blaming or finger pointing for even mentioning him :)

Reactions: 7
In the general gist of this conversation about the breakup, I’ve just been dumped in what I can only describe as a humane way. His feelings changed, I didn’t see it coming, I’ve got swollen eyelids from crying etc etc. Whilst I wasn’t with him for as long as Carrie and Oliver had been, let me tell you - the last thing I want to do is to proclaim all over social media that my world has been flipped. That’s for me to mourn, privately (and anonymously on here). The last thing I want is to find fault with someone who just didn’t want the things I wanted, or maybe thought we would have. Equally, I don’t want to make him a villain - I loved him and probably will do for a good few months until I can let it go.

Now more than ever, Carrie has baffled me in regards to how she’s decided to deal with this breakup. How could you decide to throw someone under the bus for the (I’m assuming here) simple reason that he doesn’t love you anymore? He did love you, I would say. That’s doing wonders for me at the moment, looking at back when we were happy and what I gained from a relationship. This post is entirely self indulgent, I know, but it struck me when I was reading through here this morning how utterly alien her approach is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Am I the only one who slowly gets the impression that Oliver might even be ashamed of his relationship with Carrie in hindsight? I just scrolled through his insta profile for the first time and although he has carefully removed EVERY reference to his ex-girlfriend CHF, there are still (at least some) very telling photos with Summer.
He certainly hasn’t removed every trace of Carrie from his insta…

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Just calling it as I see it, she does look unfit. For someone her age she has let herself go which is why she looks older than her age. She used to be gorgeous years ago (for example in the video someone posted of her taking over Tom's house).

Stating facts is not mean IMHO.

It sounds like you are judging her fitness levels and looking gorgeous on the size of her body. Body size does not give an indication of someone's fitness level. I have a similar body shape to Carrie and years ago was considered "skinny" but any exercise would leave me gasping for breath. I'm bigger now but fitter than I've ever been and it annoys me when someone thinks I will struggle to do exercise or I'm lazy just because I'm a size 16.
I don't think she looks unfit, she just ages herself with her clothing and silly faces in pictures.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I personally think Carrie is looking so well lately - I think part of it is definitely escaping Cinders, she looks like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders, and I guess maybe it's her happiness with Joel too (though he gives me the ick). But there's something about her that is lighter and therefore more attractive in many ways at the moment.

Many people, women especially, find their body shape change as they get older because of hormones or just genetics. Carrie would probably have to be in the gym 7 days a week to be that stereotypical fit, West End body type and if that's not what you're into, why do it - I certainly wouldn't! If she still looked like her 18-year-old self, that's when I would be concerned.

Reactions: 11
Long, looooong time lurker and just joined to share my thoughts.
I used to be a huge fan of CHF, I was interested in going into Musical Theatre too and found her videos so insightful, honest and fun. I'd say towards the end of her relationship with Pete, I unsubscribed as I found the content she was producing to be not my cup of tea anymore, but then when she started with Oliver I began to dislike her. I found her attitude and general demeanour changed and it began to rub me the wrong way.. granted, we all grow up and change but I can't put my finger on specifics.
We both got dumped at a similar time this year, mine wasn't as long as Carrie's and it was long distance, my partner ghosted me and then started seeing someone else. In my opinion, that is blindsided and being bailed on. I don't know what happened to Carrie, but I was so torn up the last thing I wanted to do was talk about it, let alone throw a pity party. I started therapy too, and realised there is far more to focus on in myself before I even consider a relationship again, as I realised I tend to go for similar types of men, which I wonder is a similarity myself and CHF have.
The very last thing I wanted to do was start a new relationship. Look, I know we all grow at different speeds, but the fact that around 2 weeks after she was posting about how the lyrics in Cinderella were reminding her of a broken down relationship/feeling unloved (I'm paraphrasing) and then is straight into a 100mph relationship with Joel, is red flags everywhere. I am beginning to think (my opinion, not a professional), her and Joel are both toxic in their own ways. Carrie - as I doubt she has healed from Oliver and is using Joel as a band aid and has the victim-mentality for most things so gives the impression she is quite a good manipulator, and Joel - the love bombing seems to give off a more sinister vibe. I find men that have love bombed me in the past so early have turned out to be too intense, jealous, demanding, and sometimes abusive. (not saying this is what is happening here, just an observation)
At the end of the day, it is Carrie's life, I of course wish her no harm, but watching all of this play out and how she has changed over the years has made me feel a little sad. Her life doesn't seem to be as centred around her passions anymore, it is what guy is in her life.

Reactions: 20
I don’t so much think she’s unfit. She’s bigger than most West End actresses but she’s probably about average size wise when you think of most women

Reactions: 6
I don’t think Joel was even on her radar in that way despite what she says until after Oliver. Wonder if it was Joel’s dm she slid into or if there were others
Maybe she sent a standard copy/paste message to a bunch of potential suitors and Joel responded within 1/10th of a second of receiving it so she went with him.

She only said all that stuff about Joel to make her new relationship seem all fairytale-esque to an outsider. It wouldn't even surprise me if they started this off on tinder. But that's not romantic enough for our Carrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah, this could have happened and as we all know, it wouldnt have been the first time. I did wonder if the reason Carrie never alluded to this is because she knows she did the same with Pete. Despite the adjusted timeline of their relationship, people know about the overlap in relationships when they began dating/being fuckbuddies. When Carrie realized that people were talking about this (on GG), that's when she dropped her #metoo bomb about Pete.
She did? I missed this! What did she say?

I don’t think Joel was even on her radar in that way despite what she says until after Oliver. Wonder if it was Joel’s dm she slid into or if there were others.
100% agree with this. I bet she did a mass DM of every male in the West End and Joel is what stuck.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.