Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope she doesn't cut her hair, it looks the best it's looked in a long time in the insta story of her brushing her teeth this morning.

Reactions: 1
I really hope she doesn't cut her hair, it looks the best it's looked in a long time in the insta story of her brushing her teeth this morning.
I agree!

I don't know why she likes it so short. Obviously it's her hair but I think it ages her massively and doesn't look very flattering.

The length she had during Chitty was so lovely though. It really suited her.

Reactions: 5
I actually finally really enjoyed one of Carrie and Oliver’s videos! So far I’ve watched most of them and they’ve been ok but the one of Carrie playing fall guys was the best I’ve seen them! They were relaxed and natural rather than stiff on the sofa!

I'm in the minority, I love short curly hair. What she should stop doing is lathering on product that make her look wet. When she wakes up or someone else has styled her hair, they are beautiful

My hair is very similar to Carrie's and has never been cut as short as hers. Mine is pretty short as well, just above my shoulder.

My hairdresser advised against it as she said it looks puffy and it's too short.

I agree though, her hair looks loaded with products and weights her hair down.

I wonder why she dyes it though. Each to their own but is it true she's "not allowed to" in theatre?

I wonder if Carrie's actually read what JK wrote or if she's just going off what she's been told. It's hardly a very feminist take to imply that Harry Potter isn't JK Rowlings and to play down what she's done. If Carrie has an issue with what was said then she needs to own it and stop fence sitting. There was an interesting documentary on the Tavistock clinic that was worth a watch at least.

I don't think her 'it's something that needs to be talked about point' is very genuine either, especially given she's already told people that don't agree with her to unfollow/ not talk to her about it. Given that the UK has seen a 4000% (yes that's thousand) increase in teenage girls identifying as trans it is definitely something that needs to be looked into, not because no one can be trans, but because teenage girls are incredibly susceptible to social contagion.

Reactions: 6
I'm in the minority, I love short curly hair. What she should stop doing is lathering on product that make her look wet. When she wakes up or someone else has styled her hair, they are beautiful
I also love short curly hair but I just think Carrie looks so much softer and prettier with it a tiny bit longer, not like mega long early days Carrie, shoulder length looks best on her (in my opinion) :)

Reactions: 2
I remember the vlog when she first got her hair cut short then went to meet Oliver. He looked a bit shocked and she said 'do you like it' and he said 'yeah' but I wasn't convinced!

I prefer her hair longer. I have curly hair and when it's too short it's just wild and I have to spend too much time on it. Having it longer drags the curl down a bit and is more manageable.

I'm not keen on Oliver's new haircut. Preferred his longer.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if Carrie's actually read what JK wrote or if she's just going off what she's been told. It's hardly a very feminist take to imply that Harry Potter isn't JK Rowlings and to play down what she's done. If Carrie has an issue with what was said then she needs to own it and stop fence sitting. There was an interesting documentary on the Tavistock clinic that was worth a watch at least.

I don't think her 'it's something that needs to be talked about point' is very genuine either, especially given she's already told people that don't agree with her to unfollow/ not talk to her about it. Given that the UK has seen a 4000% (yes that's thousand) increase in teenage girls identifying as trans it is definitely something that needs to be looked into, not because no one can be trans, but because teenage girls are incredibly susceptible to social contagion.
Good luck with trying to have a measured debate about it on this thread!

Good luck with trying to have a measured debate about it on this thread!
All due respect, that isn't what this thread is for, and there are plenty of other places on the internet you can go to get further into this issue. This is a gossip forum 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Oh I completely get it's a gossip forum and to get into it would be more than a bit of a derailment. I think the JK Rowling thread probably would be a better place to discuss it, it's just Carries holier than thou attitude she has in regards to it that's got up my nose. I think she always seems to want to seem like the authority on everything when in actuality she isn't very read up on whatever the issue is. I think it's more she's built a lot of her personality around Harry Potter etc, I'd have more respect for her if she was like yup I don't agree with her so I'm stepping away from supporting it publicly, rather than her trying to claim that JK Rowling is somehow disconnected from her own creation ???

Reactions: 5
Yeah, looks like it's already been filmed at the (empty) palladium to stream.
It's a nice idea and there are some great performers on the schedule - I wonder what she'll perform
London Coliseum not the Palladium. Concert series called Tonight at the London Coliseum and funds appear to be going to the ENO who perform there.

Details/stream date supposedly appearing at https://www.stream.theatre/ at some point.

It's a great list of performers, I shall be watching several of the nights I think.

London Coliseum not the Palladium. Concert series called Tonight at the London Coliseum and funds appear to be going to the ENO who perform there.

Details/stream date supposedly appearing at https://www.stream.theatre/ at some point.

It's a great list of performers, I shall be watching several of the nights I think.
Huh I have no idea what made me think palladium! I'm so used to things happening there.

If you scroll down on the link it gives dates and times for everyone. £15 a ticket too.

I wonder why she dyes it though. Each to their own but is it true she's "not allowed to" in theatre?
In the theatre often actors will try to maintain the same hair colour/style of hair to match their headshots, as sometimes when you walk into an audition as a redhead but they've been expecting a blonde from your headshot it can throw them. I think it's pretty silly as most productions wig their actors, but there are also exceptions to every rule with actors who change their hair all the time! When you're on contract with a show there is usually a clause that says you can't change your hair/look without consulting the creative team first in case it may change the integrity of the vision of the show.

Reactions: 3
In the theatre often actors will try to maintain the same hair colour/style of hair to match their headshots, as sometimes when you walk into an audition as a redhead but they've been expecting a blonde from your headshot it can throw them. I think it's pretty silly as most productions wig their actors, but there are also exceptions to every rule with actors who change their hair all the time! When you're on contract with a show there is usually a clause that says you can't change your hair/look without consulting the creative team first in case it may change the integrity of the vision of the show.
If you are in a show where your real hair is being used (not a wig) dyeing or cutting your hair is a big no-no. Every time she has done Les Mis they have used a mixture of wigs, hair pieces and her real hair so she wouldn’t have been allowed to. I think Addams is the only time she has worn a wig for the whole show so she may have been allowed to then, but other than that Chitty was her own hair, Heathers was her own hair, looks like Cinderella may be her own hair too, unless they change the look closer to the time. I think she did ask the Les Mis team for permission to cut her hair when she was getting ready to donate it, but they wouldn’t let her. My guess is they didn’t want to change the look of her Eponine when she had already being playing the part for 2 years. Wigs are amazing but it’s possible they would have struggled to match her real hair perfectly considering her hair was up in pincurls for the majority of the first half of the show. She cut her hair between Les Mis and Chitty to donate it and originally was given a wig to play Truly but they decided against it and used her shorter locks instead. Her hair had grown out a bit more by Addams and was longer again when she started rehearsals for Heathers. Then the Heathers team asked her if she was willing to cut her hair for Veronica and by then she had enough hair to donate again. *I recently binged watched all her theatre vlogs, that’s why this information is still in my head lol
I don’t think she has ever dyed it though. She’s always gone on about being brown eyes and blonde hair, and a lot of natural blondes turn dirty blonde, light brown with age. Actors always have the chance to play with their hair a little between jobs, but a lot of actors will stay fairly neutral just in case they need to cut it or dye it for a role. A friend of mine had her hair cut for a tv show set in the 60s and they gave her a fringe. She kept that fringe for about 5 years. She also got her hair cut into a short bob for a tv show set in the 30s. It’s more of a long bob now! Because of lockdown she’s actually dyed her hair blue, she wanted to do it for the longest time and lockdown seemed their perfect time because no jobs were stopping her from doing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Tom and Gi promoted one of their friends book... I wonder what went down between them. I know sometimes living with each other can make things weird. But..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.