Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her talking about musical theatre is the reason I loved her originally. More of this content would be amazing.

Reactions: 5
I really enjoyed the video! It’s so interesting hearing her talk about her dialect and larynx placement which are things I’m a bit nerdy about. I am often told off by my singing teacher for my London ‘L’ which is the same think Carrie picks up on... feel = fee-uwl, hill = hiw etc... once spent a full lesson on how ‘fulfil’ is pronounced 😂 I’m surprised it wasn’t picked up at the time.

I do think it’s tricky territory to ‘review’ a bootleg when generally they are discouraged as it could lead a fan to think that it’s a way of getting noticed... not a problem at the moment with theatres still closed, however.

Reactions: 3
I’ve actually enjoyed her last few videos. My only nitpick with her video when she talked about dealing with critics and trolls is that I wish she’d realize the difference between constructive feedback and trolling. Honest reviews of her books for example should not be lumped in with someone who is just being a dick. I also wish she’d take her own advice about wanting people to cut her some slack and imagine her complexly and quit dragging old boyfriends or starting twitter fights with strangers.

Aside from that, if she continues to make content like this I may start watching her regularly. But we’ll see how long it lasts. I liked hearing her thoughts on the bootleg. I get that it’s a grey area to her. I also actually prefer videos without Oliver. I have only watched a handful of their good morning/evening videos, but I find them uncomfortable. In the ones I’ve seen Carrie gives off vibes like she doesn’t want to do them and can’t wait to get it over with. No clue if that’s the case, but for whatever reason they stress me out.

I preferred her backyard as her backdrop as well as her kitchen as a backdrop. I also liked the camera being a bit closer. I don’t like when the camera is far and the mess behind the couch is distracting.

Reactions: 6
Jamie posted a Heathers cover on his IG and she just HAD to remind everyone that SHE sang that song. (“Mate.”)
Can she not congratulate anyone without linking it back to herself?? It’s like when she makes a birthday post etc, she HAS to be in the picture or she won’t post anything (she’s used the excuse “I don’t have any pictures of the both of us!” as an excuse for not posting about an understudy before).

Reactions: 12
Is Oliver back at Carrie's house? His video this morning was set there in that upstairs room he's been in before, and the walls are now painted, which makes me think it isn't prerecorded from before he left as the painters were just in on Saturday/Sunday?

Reactions: 1
I think he is back. He mentioned in the video about Aiden Turner that he was back in London and wanted to make a short video so he could get downstairs to spend time with Carrie.

I think he is back. He mentioned in the video about Aiden Turner that he was back in London and wanted to make a short video so he could get downstairs to spend time with Carrie.
Ah my bad I haven't been keeping up with the videos, thank you!

Reactions: 1
Except she is 😂😂😂 I dont understand how she or any of the creative team see this as original

Reactions: 4
It will be written into her contract but of course she’s never been stunt cast!!!

CDCAAD24-A099-4DB1-8FD7-D24E30BE4DF0.png

I can't even deal with this 😂😂😂

Was it intentional that she did this? It's different because Cinderella wears docs/combat boots? 😂😂😂
Hasn’t she already said that the prince is gay and the main thing is that SHE WEARS DOC BOOTS? Like wasn’t she telling this when she got casted? Why all the shhhh now

• Haha
Hasn’t she already said that the prince is gay and the main thing is that SHE WEARS DOC BOOTS? Like wasn’t she telling this when she got casted? Why all the shhhh now
because she’s one of those people who like to say “...BUT I CAN’T TELL YOU YET!!!!” like it makes her seem extra important or interesting.
Someone needs to tell her that being an attention-beg isn’t a personality.

Reactions: 5
because she’s one of those people who like to say “...BUT I CAN’T TELL YOU YET!!!!” like it makes her seem extra important or interesting.
Someone needs to tell her that being an attention-beg isn’t a personality.
Either that or she got in trouble for giving too much away 😅 The Docs thing isn't exactly a secret though: she's literally wearing combat boots in the promo photos

She’s clearly trying to make this show sound interesting still when in reality it’s old news before its even opened!

The doc boots just makes me think of the 90s and early 00s. It's just not a new look

And a gay prince? maybe 20 years ago that would have been fresh. It also has the potential to be a bit eye rolling and even a bit offensive (although I hate to use that word)...gay being used as a 'twist' doesnt sound fresh or modern to me

Reactions: 11
Yeah we obviously don’t know the storyline yet but hopefully the prince being gay isn’t a twist or a punchline even.

Yeah I agree, sadly though musical theatre often uses gay stereotypes for cheap gags, even modern shows like Legally Blonde do it so it wouldn't surprise me. Which I have always found odd as theatre always presents itself as liberal and forward thinking but it really isnt

Does she only play characters where she can wear Doc Martens now? I feel like every time she is in a role now she wears Doc Martens.

Can’t help but think Oliver looked completely bored out of his brains in her latest video🙈

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.