Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think many people are just balanced in their criticism of Carrie and generally wish her well, but criticise the things she does that warrants criticism - but in a fair way. I think that's a good thing. I don't think anyone is "pro Carrie" or "against Carrie" by default. I don't criticise her just for the sake of it, I criticise when there's a reason to. I hope that's most people's take on it.
This is exactly how I feel about Tattle in general. I don’t hate any of them that I criticise (RVK Loves often steps closest to the line though). I only comment on things that I think are fair game.

Reactions: 3
This might be a bit controversial, and apologies to anyone of the same generation, but I do wonder if for Carrie and a lot of these influencers in their 20s it's a generational thing. I'm not meaning to tar all millennials together, but as a collective it is a generation that hasnt been told no as much or received as much criticism. Now when people do criticise or challenge them they feel attacked as they aren't used to it

Reactions: 1
Ok, her new video with "advice" is just her reading out "inspirational" Instagram quotes. WTF is this lazy "content"?? An absolute low point for her videos.

Ok, her new video with "advice" is just her reading out "inspirational" Instagram quotes. WTF is this lazy "content"?? An absolute low point for her videos.
What in the overacting smug face condescending hell is going on there

Reactions: 7
This might be a bit controversial, and apologies to anyone of the same generation, but I do wonder if for Carrie and a lot of these influencers in their 20s it's a generational thing. I'm not meaning to tar all millennials together, but as a collective it is a generation that hasnt been told no as much or received as much criticism. Now when people do criticise or challenge them they feel attacked as they aren't used to it

It's not a generational thing. It's being a self centered thing, a spoiled thing. It happens throughout the ages, she was raised believing she was just sooo good.

Reactions: 4
For the blocked crew. Agree, literally hideous 🙈
Thanks for sharing! I'm blocked on insta stories only for some reason, I can only see her main posts.

Totally agree on the pub toilet vibes and it definitely needs a bigger sink. The pub loo look seems to be a trend now for some reason - the previous owners of our house decorated the downstairs loo with black glittery tiles and black wallpaper with silver inspirational quotes all over it, it's horrendous.

Reactions: 5
:cautious: Can someone please tell her she could just NOT do a video when she doesn’t feel like it? Ugh. The bottom of her barrel must be so squeaky clean now.

to be fair, this video has the potential to be good if she would just pick a few relatable advices and give context as to why it relates to her so much. The more unconventional the advice is, the better. This would be a compelling video to watch and I’m sure her fans will appreciate it so much more. Dang, I hate giving her video ideas. 🤣

Reactions: 2
No, it’s a ‘being a bit famous thing’. People who are famous, regardless of their age, end up living in a bubble where the people in their lives become yes men and do nothing but praise them. This on top of having lots of adoring fans. You then start to believe your own hype and your ego inflates and you change. It is then hard for them to take any criticism, anything that isn’t the echo chamber of praise that they’re used to is seen as ‘hate’ and they block it so they can continue to live in their praise bubble.

It might seem like it’s an age thing because these influencers are mostly in this age bracket. But it comes with being famous. Carrie’s not as famous as she thinks but she behaves this way cause she believes she’s the tit.

Reactions: 8
No, it’s a ‘being a bit famous thing’. People who are famous, regardless of their age, end up living in a bubble where the people in their lives become yes men and do nothing but praise them. This on top of having lots of adoring fans. You then start to believe your own hype and your ego inflates and you change. It is then hard for them to take any criticism, anything that isn’t the echo chamber of praise that they’re used to is seen as ‘hate’ and they block it so they can continue to live in their praise bubble.

It might seem like it’s an age thing because these influencers are mostly in this age bracket. But it comes with being famous. Carrie’s not as famous as she thinks but she behaves this way cause she believes she’s the tit.
Amen to that!

I still believe that's why we've such a big shift in her personality during the Addams rehearsals.

If you compare to what she was like before, she was still very mellow and down to earth. She was likeable and engaged well with her audience. She brought something refreshing to YouTube as well. I adored her original songs and Dear Tom, and Gi videos. Even the ones where she'd just chat about random things or the vlogs at Les Mis, etc. I would go on but, you get where I'm going with this. (Also, I know she was patronising to Pete and most people but let's ignore that for the sake of my rant, haha!)

I think had Carrie continued to obtain smaller roles, I think she would still be humble like Oliver. I think her first book did very well but then she did a few more in very quick succession.

Getting the role of Wednesday, more book deals and then being stunt casted (even though she continues to deny it) as Veronica, in my opinion at least, caused her ego to explode. She became a victim of her own hype. So many yes men and getting these roles seemingly easing despite her only major talent on stage being her voice. If no one is saying no to you or constantly telling you how amazing you are, it will effect you and this is why she responses so terribly to any kind of critism.

If you compare her to Jodie Steele (for example) they are absolutely in a different league to her. Jodie is multi talented and in my opinion, is far more deserving of success as she is very good at what she does. She also continues to work on her craft and continues to work during the pandemic, from what I can tell at least.

I think with Carrie, her intentions were good and she was humble at one point. I genuinely believe that. However, if you are surrounded by people constantly praising you and adoring you, and someone dares critises you, you don't want to hear it. Hence the blocking and snippy attitude. Also, getting her fans to gang up is like a bully mentality.

This is why we see lazy content from her. No more original video ideas or her own songs.

She feels she doesn't need to to as she's so "successful" without all that. She's not had to work hard like Oliver to get a part. It's all being handed to her far too easily. I can imagine that really winding other people up in the industry especially people she works with so closely.

I am under no inclusion that she hasn't worked hard, but Carrie doesn't do anything to fight for work. She doesn't make any effort to better herself or anything. She is very, very fortunate to be in the position she's in and it annoys me seeing her be so lazy and not put any effort in.

Ultimately, she can do what she likes but I just think it's a pity as she has a wonderful voice. If she put in the effort with dancing and acting, she could be utterly fabulous but she doesn't even try.

Her content is very dull now. I really miss Letters to Autumn and her proper chatty videos. It's really a shame she's become a victim of her own hype.

Sorry for long rant! 😂

Reactions: 7
Amen to that!

I still believe that's why we've such a big shift in her personality during the Addams rehearsals.

If you compare to what she was like before, she was still very mellow and down to earth. She was likeable and engaged well with her audience. She brought something refreshing to YouTube as well. I adored her original songs and Dear Tom, and Gi videos. Even the ones where she'd just chat about random things or the vlogs at Les Mis, etc. I would go on but, you get where I'm going with this. (Also, I know she was patronising to Pete and most people but let's ignore that for the sake of my rant, haha!)

I think had Carrie continued to obtain smaller roles, I think she would still be humble like Oliver. I think her first book did very well but then she did a few more in very quick succession.

Getting the role of Wednesday, more book deals and then being stunt casted (even though she continues to deny it) as Veronica, in my opinion at least, caused her ego to explode. She became a victim of her own hype. So many yes men and getting these roles seemingly easing despite her only major talent on stage being her voice. If no one is saying no to you or constantly telling you how amazing you are, it will effect you and this is why she responses so terribly to any kind of critism.

If you compare her to Jodie Steele (for example) they are absolutely in a different league to her. Jodie is multi talented and in my opinion, is far more deserving of success as she is very good at what she does. She also continues to work on her craft and continues to work during the pandemic, from what I can tell at least.

I think with Carrie, her intentions were good and she was humble at one point. I genuinely believe that. However, if you are surrounded by people constantly praising you and adoring you, and someone dares critises you, you don't want to hear it. Hence the blocking and snippy attitude. Also, getting her fans to gang up is like a bully mentality.

This is why we see lazy content from her. No more original video ideas or her own songs.

She feels she doesn't need to to as she's so "successful" without all that. She's not had to work hard like Oliver to get a part. It's all being handed to her far too easily. I can imagine that really winding other people up in the industry especially people she works with so closely.

I am under no inclusion that she hasn't worked hard, but Carrie doesn't do anything to fight for work. She doesn't make any effort to better herself or anything. She is very, very fortunate to be in the position she's in and it annoys me seeing her be so lazy and not put any effort in.

Ultimately, she can do what she likes but I just think it's a pity as she has a wonderful voice. If she put in the effort with dancing and acting, she could be utterly fabulous but she doesn't even try.

Her content is very dull now. I really miss Letters to Autumn and her proper chatty videos. It's really a shame she's become a victim of her own hype.

Sorry for long rant! 😂
Also jodie is super humble unlike Carrie

Reactions: 2
Not to bombard this forum with reviews of her videos, but in the new one she is reacting to a bootleg of her playing Eponine. The amount of times she's gone on about being against bootlegs, and now she's literally promoting them. She gushed about the bootlegs from Heathers in another lockdown video, too. I love being able to watch them, but I agree with her criticism of them because people filming in theatres does ruin the live performance for the actors and other theatre goers. This is just like when she goes "never feel like you have to give me gifts at stage door", but then used to make whole videos about the gifts she was given at stage door....!

Reactions: 12
Not to bombard this forum with reviews of her videos, but in the new one she is reacting to a bootleg of her playing Eponine. The amount of times she's gone on about being against bootlegs, and now she's literally promoting them. She gushed about the bootlegs from Heathers in another lockdown video, too. I love being able to watch them, but I agree with her criticism of them because people filming in theatres does ruin the live performance for the actors and other theatre goers. This is just like when she goes "never feel like you have to give me gifts at stage door", but then used to make whole videos about the gifts she was given at stage door....!
Quite agree! And she still does it even now. Happy to accept freebies off companies and free holidays to Disney as well!

Oh dear, a whole video of Carrie talking about her favourite subject.... Carrie.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I quite enjoyed her reacting video. I actually learned things about the show that I didn’t know before, like the 3 particular marks all the Eponine’s have to hit (the turn, the hat and the run). Hearing that she sung the wrong notes for “my head’, so many people sing my with two notes and I wonder where that has come from? I think I’m so theatre deprived I’m just excited to see some theatre stuff on my feed lol
Hearing her talk about the inflections on the I Love Him’s at the end of the song was kind of cool. I think every actress finds different motivations for each one, I sang that song when I was about 12 for a talent show/fundraiser and I was told to make each one different and to have a play in rehearsal to find what fit for me.

I quite enjoyed the reacting video. Reminded me of old Carrie and it was interesting heading stuff we wouldn't normally know. First video of hers I've enjoyed it years!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.