Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I appreciate that when she's in a show that she keeps perhaps later hours than people who work regular daytime jobs, but can she stop acting like 8.30am is massively early?? Especially when during lockdown she could wake up earlier but...doesn't. Note that Oliver never uses his job as an excuse.

Reactions: 6
Oh god, another Q and A... Brace yourselves folks!

Also, find it odd she's only thanked Gi but no mention of Tom?

Reactions: 5
I did some amdram last year where I was getting home around 11/11.30 every night after the show except for one night where we had dinner after the show so I ended up getting home at 12.30/1ish. I was still able to get up between 8-9 in the mornings to do my day job and go to the gym. A lot of West End actors get up at a normal time because they have day jobs and lessons, and have a social life. I always thought that Carrie does come across as fairly lazy compared to her peers. Carrie has admitted before that she doesn’t like to do stuff on her days off either, because it’s her day off and that her friends and family understand that. She hasn’t had to work that hard to get where she is- a lot of it has been handed to her because of her connections. I read in an article about her that when her brother went to Sylvia Young, she gained agency representation from the school when she was ‘spotted’ with her mum picking up Tom from school. That happened when she was 5 years old! That kickstarted her work in commercials and led to her West End debut. Then her brother paid for her to go to a private school when she was ousted from her regular school. She left school after her GCSEs because she was writing a musical with her famous brother. I’m sensing a theme here... then she created her YouTube channel, where she initially gained followers through her brother and sister in law, dear Tom & Gi anyone? She published her first book through Gi’s publisher. She obviously has or had talent, she wouldn’t have gotten through the Les Mis auditions if she couldn’t sing. Credit where credits due, she obviously goes on a lot of auditions to get the jobs she does get, you have to to get continuous work- actors are turned down a lot (I have a friend who is an actor and the amount of auditions she does is ridiculous for the work she actually gets). When you compare Carries career to other people she has worked with, her peers work so much harder than she does to maintain it. When she talks about her experiences when she is with Oliver, I’m pretty sure Oliver is using all his strength not to slap her in the face and scream ‘Wake up!’ Ollie has worked incredibly hard to get where he is. It’s been really nice to hear him talking about his story in videos without Carrie, I find him quite inspiring actually. The 3 years of auditioning for Mormon, to getting the loan to get his braces off- such an incredible story to share of getting his first West End gig after all the training he went through. Before lockdown I found him a little creepy, but through the videos I’m liking him more and more. I really hope I get to see him in Frozen next year, he really is perfect for Hans!

Reactions: 16
Just watched the video about fan encounters. She is so conceited, it’s unreal. She tells a story about being out with her old school friends when a fan asked her for a photo. Apparently her friends couldn’t believe that the girl they went to school with is now so famous that strangers want a picture with her. What a celeb.

God, even if that was true, you wouldn’t say it in a public video. It makes her sound so up herself. Think of all the actors who are 10 times more famous than her...I’ve never heard them talk about themselves in such a narcissistic way.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
She is the queen of the (not so) humble brag

As if her usual self wasnt enough reason to unfollow, she is now on the abolish police brigade.

Reactions: 1
I agree she should quit youtube and keep her content for Instagram, like the other MT actors.

Reactions: 1
Just watched the video about fan encounters. She is so conceited, it’s unreal. She tells a story about being out with her old school friends when a fan asked her for a photo. Apparently her friends couldn’t believe that the girl they went to school with is now so famous that strangers want a picture with her. What a celeb.

God, even if that was true, you wouldn’t say it in a public video. It makes her sound so up herself. Think of all the actors who are 10 times more famous than her...I’ve never heard them talk about themselves in such a narcissistic way.
Yeah, when I heard that I thought, really? What a bizarre, selfish thing to say!
She definitely lives in a weird bubble where she thinks she’s more famous than she actually is. I remember seeing a poster for Addams Family in Leeds (advert for Bradford) before I really knew who she was and thinking she must be a soap actress who I hadn’t heard of. I discovered her YouTube channel not long after that and loved her behind the scenes videos, it was like having a British broadway.com vlog. I remember watching the Addams vlogs first and then going back and binge watching from the beginning. Then I came across the video where she essentially called out GG, and found the thread. I was then able to see the personality shift as I continued to binge watch her channel. Yes, Carrie herself pointed me towards the Gossip! I wonder how many other fans found the gossip sites through Carrie herself?!

Reactions: 12
Yeah, when I heard that I thought, really? What a bizarre, selfish thing to say!
She definitely lives in a weird bubble where she thinks she’s more famous than she actually is. I remember seeing a poster for Addams Family in Leeds (advert for Bradford) before I really knew who she was and thinking she must be a soap actress who I hadn’t heard of. I discovered her YouTube channel not long after that and loved her behind the scenes videos, it was like having a British broadway.com vlog. I remember watching the Addams vlogs first and then going back and binge watching from the beginning. Then I came across the video where she essentially called out GG, and found the thread. I was then able to see the personality shift as I continued to binge watch her channel. Yes, Carrie herself pointed me towards the Gossip! I wonder how many other fans found the gossip sites through Carrie herself?!
I'm one of those people! I was very curious and here I am 😂

Reactions: 3
Imagine a world where if you fancy a holiday you just whinge about it on your social media and one gets given to you. Couldn't be me.

Reactions: 9
Her response to someone asking why she does her live streams when lots of people are at work is just typical Carrie. Literally rolled my eyes and scoffed out loud

Reactions: 7
Her response to someone asking why she does her live streams when lots of people are at work is just typical Carrie. Literally rolled my eyes and scoffed out loud
'Because I am not working...!'. At least you've acknowledged the shite videos and fanfiction drivel you put minimal effort into isn't work.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
why is she and others calling her a Disney princess? she isnt. playing Cinderella doesnt make you a disney princess when it's not disney. Especially in a production that has little to do with the source material let alone the Disney movie.

Reactions: 5
'Because I am not working...!'. At least you've acknowledged the shite videos and fanfiction drivel you put minimal effort into isn't work.
You’d think that she would at least target the British viewers when she does them, I’m pretty sure the majority of her followers are British anyway. Doing them around 7/8 in the evening would be a good time for most of her teen and adult fans (after dinner, not too late). But she generally doesn’t think to accommodate her younger fans when she does her insta lives / q&as.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
why is she and others calling her a Disney princess? she isnt. playing Cinderella doesnt make you a disney princess when it's not disney. Especially in a production that has little to do with the source material let alone the Disney movie.
I found this so weird because in earlier ones she went soooooo out of her way to correct people that she wasn’t playing a Disney Princess to the point of ignoring the rest of the person’s actual question and posting quite a few “not like other girl” Cinderella pics etc. It seemed that if you even breathed the words Disney and Cinderella together she would correct you immediately but now she’s gone the other way?

Reactions: 4
I found this so weird because in earlier ones she went soooooo out of her way to correct people that she wasn’t playing a Disney Princess to the point of ignoring the rest of the person’s actual question and posting quite a few “not like other girl” Cinderella pics etc. It seemed that if you even breathed the words Disney and Cinderella together she would correct you immediately but now she’s gone the other way?
I think it’s because Oliver has been announced as playing prince Hans in Frozen. She’s feeding into the idea that they are both playing Disney royalty even though Hans is the baddie. It’s like when she though of herself and Pete being Rapunzel and Flynn Rider in Tangled. She has this weird obsession with being a Disney couple!

Reactions: 6
It seemed that if you even breathed the words Disney and Cinderella together she would correct you immediately but now she’s gone the other way?
Well, she can’t let the fact that Cinderella is not Disney get in the way of her begging for a Disney freebie! Context is important ;)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.