Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that was really jarring about her calling Pete violent was that she only did it as a throwaway comment to say how perfect for was for the role in Heathers. It would be totally different if she were doing a serious video about relationships or giving advice for people who may be in an unhealthy one, like when Sammi Maria did a video for ChildLine. But she just said it casually to promote her show and defend her stunt casting.

Reactions: 8
if your bf is violent, report him, dont slander him online and do a trial by social media. It's almost as bad as Ulrika Johnson.

If your confident enough to make snarky passive aggressive comments to anyone on youtube you're confident enough to go to police

if your bf is violent, report him, dont slander him online and do a trial by social media. It's almost as bad as Ulrika Johnson.

If your confident enough to make snarky passive aggressive comments to anyone on youtube you're confident enough to go to police
That's not strictly true and is still quite a victim-blaming mindset. The process of going to the police/courts can be be very arduous and traumatic, and it's no guarantee that anything can be done. It may have been scary for her but he wouldn't be attested for hitting a wall.

I agree that it's not right to vaguely insinuate someone was abusive to thousands of followers who know who that person is but (as I've mentioned before here) because she is a public figure and very public about things, people were always going to work it out. I do agree that the way she went about it and the why was all wrong - but there is no one way to deal with things.

Reactions: 12
I felt that there was a massive power imbalance in that situation. She has hundreds of thousands of followers - a huge platform - and implying Pete is an abuser in a trivial, offhand manner was not right. She liked comments that people wrote asking if it was Pete knowing full well they’d go after him on socials. He had no comeback and he probably wasn’t even aware of what she was saying straightaway. If there was abuse in the relationship, there are ways of dealing with that and reporting it in a mature way without dragging someone’s name through the mud on YouTube. Can you imagine the meltdown she’d have if an ex boyfriend did something similar to her?

Do you guys remember in what video she said the stuff about her previous relationships? I'm trying to find it but it seems lots of videos have gone.

I don't agree, but to each their own. Pete left his photos of her up for ages, and only deleted them after she made that video talking about an ex being violent. Seems he believed that she meant it when she told fans they just grew apart and would remain friends, because he would tweet out support for her books and buy tickets to see her shows long after they broke up. Until she did that video, he was more vocally supportive of her on social media as an ex (who was the dumpee, even) than Oliver was as a boyfriend.
That's fair enough, I respect your opinion as well. 😊

Do you guys remember in what video she said the stuff about her previous relationships? I'm trying to find it but it seems lots of videos have gone.
This one is where she mentions two JD-esque boyfriends and states she broke up with them:
Approx 15:50

Reactions: 3
It is interesting that's she now put videos featuring Pete on private! Do you think she's been reading on her or gotten wind he's now doing solo stuff/revamped his image?

It is interesting that's she now put videos featuring Pete on private! Do you think she's been reading on her or gotten wind he's now doing solo stuff/revamped his image?
Maybe she saw that we were talking about how awful she was towards him, and didn't like that people realised she was (at least partially) the abusive one. She's hiding the evidence because she knows she'll struggle to cast casted more and more as time goes on, that casting agents might read here and try and look up the videos themselves and she'll lose work because of it.

But she won't delete them, because she doesn't want to lose total view stats, so she'll just have hidden them.

Reactions: 5
I mean, Kerry, honey, they’ve clearly thrown out your books because they’re absolute garbage. I don’t understand how she’s not getting this??
D68145D0-83B4-404C-B50C-DE91109DC8B9.png

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Don't know about you guys, but I certainly wouldn't be advertising that my books are just being given away for free!

Didn't someone else say they were in a 3 of £5 deal as well?

I couldn't even get through the first chapter of WTCF, it was garbage. I really wanted to like it as well.

Reactions: 5
That's so weird to think someone within walking distance of her house has her books. I dunno, that seems weird to me. Imagine if the owner of those books saw her walking by and taking that photo....that would freak you right out!

That's so weird to think someone within walking distance of her house has her books. I dunno, that seems weird to me. Imagine if the owner of those books saw her walking by and taking that photo....that would freak you right out!
Carrie didn’t take the photo, she shared someone else’s photo on her instagram story
Leaving books out for people to help themselves to is fairly common in my town

Carrie didn’t take the photo, she shared someone else’s photo on her instagram story
Leaving books out for people to help themselves to is fairly common in my town

Ooops sorry, I didn't see that it was a repost from someone else! Yeah leaving books outside is normal, I just thought one of her neighbours had left it out. 😂 Ignore me, my brain isn't working today.

It's truly disappointing to me how in favor she is of youtubers getting book deals. It's one thing if the youtuber also happens to be a seasoned writer (like Hazel Hayes), or has always dreamed of having literature published, but entirely another if youtubers are given book deals solely because of their audience (aka built in book sales). This is the same reason why it's a little disappointing to me when huge actors from Hollywood (who can't really sing that well) are cast in huge musical films/productions. (Emma Watson in Beauty in the Beast/Cameron Dallas). Though social media is amazing, there are definitely cons to having a built in, warrior audience who will defend anything you do, as opposed to actual, hard earned talent. I have a friend who is an amazing writer (though I may be a little biased lol) and has gotten her books published before, but now her manager is telling her that they won't publish any more of her books until she has to get a certain number of instagram/twitter followers. It's just kind of sad that in order to be a self-employed creative person we have to submit to social media, not matter how harmful to a person's well being that may be. Even more so with vloggers, who are still selling a product, yet the product is themselves. Their own life experiences, decisions, and personality. It's one thing to be constantly criticized on your artistic work, but another to be criticized for who you are as a person. Even though I do agree with a lot of/all of the criticism here, it's no wonder that Carrie takes this criticism personally and reacts as explosively as she sometimes does. The criticism is personal- that's what makes it so hard for her to deal with. Though I suppose that's the cost of fame. Either way, I truly wish her well and hope that she becomes healthier in dealing with her issues.

I can't help but feel like she's retaliated and only deleted all Pete-ness because he deleted literally everything.

Pure tit for tat manoeuvre.

I really don't think it's anything to do with having memories of him still present on her platform... she kept them there way longer than expected if that is the case.

But hey ho.

Also speaking of age - I'm 32. I look back at my 27 year old self and cringe at some of my decision making. Let's see what becomes of Carrie in 5 years time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.