Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This edit doesn't make the reddit post more convincing to me actually. Is Oliver so well known that people "industry wide" would know enough about him to say that? I guess he could have more of a reputation now that he's in Frozen, but still. Unless everyone knows about his cheating, I don't get how he'd have any kind of strong reputation.
I still can’t get over that they said she auditioned for Olaf💀💀😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You can only be asked to audition for certain roles within a show unless it's an open casting call for the show as a whole but that is super rare. Most of the time you get seen for specific characters or like six, you're seen for maybe 2 or 3 of the queens. I know some shows do ensemble calls and sometimes people get callbacks for supporting and leading roles based on how they did in the ensemble call.

Reactions: 6
Is she not with Curtis Brown? Or has she swit

Yeah, especially being like "her agent can get her into any room" but apparently not Anna or Elsa? Like what? 😂
I doubt even her "amazing" agent would but her forward for those roles...she's just not right for Anna or Elsa

Reactions: 7
Imagine the instagram drama.

"I got cast as this character that is a stack of round blobs - my body image has suffered"
I. Am. Screaming.💀💀😂🤣

I thought it was an “industry wide” know secret Carrie is a diva? Now is that she is a sweetheart?
I don’t know what to believe anymore honestly. Maybe, if it is true, they meant compared to Oliver she was nice? Just thinking, who knows honestly at this point and we may never truly know. I have always said this, I’ve always thought both her and Oliver are annoying and self-obsessed, but that’s just my opinion.

You can only be asked to audition for certain roles within a show unless it's an open casting call for the show as a whole but that is super rare. Most of the time you get seen for specific characters or like six, you're seen for maybe 2 or 3 of the queens. I know some shows do ensemble calls and sometimes people get callbacks for supporting and leading roles based on how they did in the ensemble call.
True, and if it is true and she did actually audition for it maybe she thought when she got in there and they saw her and heard her sing that they would be blown away by her talent and they would change their minds and cast her as Anna or Elsa.🤷🏻‍♀️I wouldn’t put it past her thinking that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Would Carrie want to audition for a role where she'd be outshone by Elsa's and Anna's actresses and by the puppet?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Probably a good thing she was never cast in Frozen, can you imagine her working with Oliver now 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The only people who think Carrie is wonderful in the industry are other actors. I know people who have worked the tech side with her and she’s only selectively nice to people when she wants something. Rest of the time she’s rude or ignores them totally. And I say this as someone working in theatre and not an “actor working in a cafe”. I think that Reddit poster is blowing far too much smoke up Carrie’s arse. And I really don’t think Oliver is that well known enough to have any kind of reputation.

Reactions: 21
Probably a good thing she was never cast in Frozen, can you imagine her working with Oliver now 😬
Now that really WOULD be a confidence kicker. Having to play a dumpy daft snowman in front of your ex every night - no thank you!

I wouldn’t be surprised if he had an absolute man-hoe phase now. I think she’s dodged a bullet. She has absolutely horrific taste in men doesn’t she?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The only people who think Carrie is wonderful in the industry are other actors. I know people who have worked the tech side with her and she’s only selectively nice to people when she wants something. Rest of the time she’s rude or ignores them totally. And I say this as someone working in theatre and not an “actor working in a cafe”. I think that Reddit poster is blowing far too much smoke up Carrie’s arse. And I really don’t think Oliver is that well known enough to have any kind of reputation.
I'd love to know what FoH and stage management think of her, or even better someone who isn't part of the industry at all.

Reactions: 4
I know some who love her and some who can't stand. I just think it depends on how and where they met her.
It also depends on how much associating with them, benefits her and her career.

If she can't even be nice to a lot of her fans, people that literally worship her, then it's a good indication of how she is with the little people on theatre sets. And treat the crew like crap at your peril, because that's where all the good gossip about performers comes from. They see everything.

Reactions: 7
I doubt even her "amazing" agent would but her forward for those roles...she's just not right for Anna or Elsa
These are the same agents that sent her in for either Julie or Carrie in Carousel. Think about that for a second.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
This edit doesn't make the reddit post more convincing to me actually. Is Oliver so well known that people "industry wide" would know enough about him to say that? I guess he could have more of a reputation now that he's in Frozen, but still. Unless everyone knows about his cheating, I don't get how he'd have any kind of strong reputation.
Nor me
From what I’ve heard ‘industry wide’ she’s known as a bit of an egotistical diva.
Doesn’t make it true
but ‘a sweetheart’?
How can her online presence be so very different to real life because she certainly doesn’t come across as a sweetheart.
Think the Reddit poster is a Carrie fan at the very least

Reactions: 3
Right or wrong
And I can’t see her as either part
If her agent is ‘that amazing’ she could get seen.
I would actually pay top dollar to see her take on Olaf. Craig Gallivan is perfect in the role.
he brings so much comedy to 3 blobs, a carrot and a pair of sticks

I still think that if Oliver actually cheated on her, Carrie would very strongly hint at that. The only reason why she might not allude to him cheating on her is that she’s scared people will remind her of how they began their relationship. She was very aware of the optics back then, which is why for years she kept playing with their official timeline until it seemed like they hadn’t cheated on their respective partners. But again, if he had cheated I still think we’d know by now, via “subtle“ IG stories/inspirational quotes.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.