Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OT but I saw Frozen today and Oliver was actually really good. The accent isn’t as Kermit like as it was in Addams and the switch between first/second act Hans was so smooth
Yes I saw him in it two weeks ago and I really enjoyed his performance.

And having now seen the famous and fabulous Elsa truly instant on stage dress change (yes I know how it works!) and hearing Carrie go on about her off stage quick change in Cindermehla as if it is the first show do have someone change costume in the wings ... er no love, incomparable.

Reactions: 11
Yes I saw him in it two weeks ago and I really enjoyed his performance.

And having now seen the famous and fabulous Elsa truly instant on stage dress change (yes I know how it works!) and hearing Carrie go on about her off stage quick change in Cindermehla as if it is the first show do have someone change costume in the wings ... er no love, incomparable.
The pressure on the actress as well to make sure that dress change goes smoothly is immense!

Obviously we don’t know what actually happened between Carrie and Oliver but her posting all these digs to him reminds me of when someone would put someone else in their MSN name and tit would go down 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The pressure on the actress as well to make sure that dress change goes smoothly is immense!

Obviously we don’t know what actually happened between Carrie and Oliver but her posting all these digs to him reminds me of when someone would put someone else in their MSN name and tit would go down 😂
Yep, she’s acting like a teenager. Imagine other professionals her age behaving that way.

Reactions: 4
I don't mind the passive aggressive posts because it gives us little hints about what happened. Keep em coming. 😂
It doesn't though, does it? Everything we get is from the perspective of a hurt, angry Carrie who even at her best lashes out at people for no reason and always has to paint herself at no fault. It's impossible to know what really went down because Oliver won't say and all we'll ever get from Carrie are passive-aggressive Insta posts. It was most likely a standard breakup :D With nobody being completely "innocent" and nobody being a total baddie either.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My take on this is not too dissimilar to what I’ve always thought of them as a couple since watching their daily videos together during lockdown. I don’t see either Carrie or Oliver as malicious people with ill intention during their relationship. I always saw them as two fundamentally incompatible people who clung together for various less than ideal reasons. For Carrie she is someone who cannot bear to be single no matter what. I don’t think she feels like a full and valid person unless she is coupled up. And she’s a hopeless romantic type who would’ve loved the optics of being in a ‘west end power couple’ type thing - I think she was very invested in Oliver being her ‘end game’ so to speak. And this would’ve put her in a somewhat vulnerable position.
Totally agree with this. I think that if she was blindsided, it was probably at least in part because she was so codependent on him she couldn't bear to take an honest look at how things were going. I've seen that play out before; the really needy person who can't be alone just ignoring signs of trouble because they can't handle the idea of being single again.

And I forgot about their Disney vacation haha. It's so true, while they were dating she really cooled on the Disney obsession. Clearly he wasn't that into it, and she was prepared to compromise her interests to keep him happy.

All Carrie is really doing is showing everyone which one of them is coming across as toxic. And it’s not the one who is being quiet on social media and is only liking work-related tweets.

Reactions: 5

Didn’t it go wrong and she got dragged over not long ago? Samantha Barks is just next level when you look at the Cinderella AMdram

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I wonder if Carrie will go back to being a tea lover now that Oliver is out of the picture :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I wonder if Carrie will go back to being a tea lover now that Oliver is out of the picture :ROFLMAO:

Probably and it’ll be followed by caption and hashtags looking something like this:
“Sometimes you just need a good cuppa to mend a broken heart. It’s been far too long since I’ve enjoyed some magical tea”

#soulsearching
#myoldself
#huginamug

• Haha
Totally agree with this. I think that if she was blindsided, it was probably at least in part because she was so codependent on him she couldn't bear to take an honest look at how things were going. I've seen that play out before; the really needy person who can't be alone just ignoring signs of trouble because they can't handle the idea of being single again.

And I forgot about their Disney vacation haha. It's so true, while they were dating she really cooled on the Disney obsession. Clearly he wasn't that into it, and she was prepared to compromise her interests to keep him happy.
God I bet it boils her piss that he got a role in 'Frozen' but she, the Disney superfan, didn't and never will.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
God I bet it boils her piss that he got a role in 'Frozen' but she, the Disney superfan, didn't and never will.
A main part too… I think his career took off and he didn’t need her anymore, sadly. Notice she has Scott around again. She’s summoning all the friends in this week isn’t she

Reactions: 3
Someone’s posted the curtain call of Cinderella on a theatre Facebook group and it sticks out like a sore thumb that everyone dances then it’s grinds to a halt for Carrie.

Apparently ALW has a message at the start asking people to film to curtain call. Desperate for publicity much?
It's working for Six, might as well do the same, except worse.

Reactions: 2
A main part too… I think his career took off and he didn’t need her anymore, sadly. Notice she has Scott around again. She’s summoning all the friends in this week isn’t she
I assumed he was staying there because The Addams Family tour is currently in London, probably staying with her because it’s free.

How do you know he was living in a free house or not contributing to the mortgage? 🤷🏻‍♀️
When Carrie first bought the house she constantly referred to it as her house/she was buying a house etc. and didn’t even make a big thing of Oliver even moving in with her/them moving in together, so it always definitely was implied that it was her money that went to the house, it was HER house, and Oliver, her boyfriend, lived with her there. But obviously we have absolutely no idea whether or not he was officially on any paperwork or whether he even unofficially contributed to any kind of finances, it just always came across as he was freeloading 😂

On another topic: I kind of feel like Carrie was trying to mould Oliver into being like Pete maybe?? Like obviously the happiest version of that relationship, she must have been so comfortable and familiar with how that relationship was before the nastiness, and maybe the optimistic desire of being with Oliver is what gave her the courage to leave Pete when she did, or maybe she always would have done. But I feel like because that relationship ended so (seemingly) abruptly and she was already desperately trying to lock down Oliver, maybe she was trying to replicate the best of her relationship with Pete now with Oli, because that’s what she was familiar with. But he never had that same passion for Disney or the same views on love/life/marriage or the way he presents himself/personal relationships on social media as she did and Pete did at his best. I don’t even know if any of that rambling makes sense but hey, just a thought 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
When Carrie first bought the house she constantly referred to it as her house/she was buying a house etc. and didn’t even make a big thing of Oliver even moving in with her/them moving in together, so it always definitely was implied that it was her money that went to the house, it was HER house, and Oliver, her boyfriend, lived with her there. But obviously we have absolutely no idea whether or not he was officially on any paperwork or whether he even unofficially contributed to any kind of finances, it just always came across as he was freeloading 😂
I reckon she bought it then they decided to move in and she wanted the house to be her space even if Oliver needed to move out to give their relationship the best chance of survival. He must have contributed in other ways to their life financially, so that when they separated, Carrie had the house but it wasn’t all just one sided when it came to money. It’s never come off as freeloading to me but I think that’s because where I am in London, it’s common for people to move, but then their partners move in a few months later because they’re ready for that type of commitment. Carrie seems like the type to want a house as a life goal, and of course Oliver, when in a relationship with Carrie, would have preferred the bigger space to live in. Besides, now, he’s the one to move out and rent/buy somewhere else, so does it matter who financially contributed to the house? At the time she was the one fully in work, and he wasn’t, but now he’s financially able to support his own place so it makes sense that he would have moved and sold a smaller place before.

IIRC she bought the house before he moved in, so it was always her house from day one

Reactions: 7
I just find it astonishing how someone at her age can display such a resounding lack of maturity. My last relationship ended when I was 16, and even at that young age, dropping passive aggressive quotes on social media was the last thought in my mind. Why would I want my friends to think badly of my ex girlfriend? Even though she didn’t treat me that nicely when she dumped me, I still cared about her. Never thought it was my place to get angry about it, sometimes tit happens and that’s okay.

How can Carrie be nearly 30, with a platform far bigger than mine, and still be posting tit like that?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.