Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't see how she's going to fill 2k seats at Symphony Hall. I imagined her more at the Glee Club which is 600. But I suppose it's not as posh and ego boosting for her. And even at 600, I'd be very surprised if she would have a sell out at those numbers.

What an odd venue to choose. I can't imagine it's a very cheap venue to book.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I’m finding her style of announcing this really weird, even if WhatsonStage have the exclusive there was still no “I’m working on something” lre-amble which she easily could have done as a “well I’m putting my mind towards something exciting to keep my mind from the breakup”, and it’s been posted for nearly an hour and all she’s done is share the WhatsonStage post on a black background IG story with no added text, then stories from a couple performers and fans… so no grid post with her own words and I’m assuming no tweet but I can’t see my Twitter so may be wrong…. I know she’ll probably do all of those things literally later today but for a musical theatre actress who literally thinks she’s proved how to have a social media presence and still be a serious west end actress then surely this would be the greatest opportunity to show that?
The only thing I can think is she might be posting a video later today? You know like a ‘I’m going to the ball’ announcement type video?

I'm surprised she's going to Festival theatre in Edinburgh. It's a huge venue (almost 2000 seats) and they couldn't fill it when Carrie was there with Adams Family, so not sure why she thinks she can fill it on her own.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I’m finding her style of announcing this really weird, even if WhatsonStage have the exclusive there was still no “I’m working on something” lre-amble which she easily could have done as a “well I’m putting my mind towards something exciting to keep my mind from the breakup”, and it’s been posted for nearly an hour and all she’s done is share the WhatsonStage post on a black background IG story with no added text, then stories from a couple performers and fans… so no grid post with her own words and I’m assuming no tweet but I can’t see my Twitter so may be wrong…. I know she’ll probably do all of those things literally later today but for a musical theatre actress who literally thinks she’s proved how to have a social media presence and still be a serious west end actress then surely this would be the greatest opportunity to show that?
maybe was waiting for the promoter to catch up, she's now retweeted them

I wonder why they have announced it so far ahead (and with a big fan presale too, like she is Adele or it's one of those household comedy name arena tours that tend to book 18 months ahead or something). Just had a look on the Palladium website and they've got her name down in May 23 but sod all else after March. They have a great deal more famous names due to play there, but nothing announced quite so far ahead?

A lot can happen in 15 months in the lives of the age groups that must be her chief fan base, is it that they need to get the Hopeful's money in the bag before they move on to stanning other people and shows?

Have they photoshopped her in that promo image? That is not her jawline.

I'm not sure about many of the other venues but I know at the Lowry there is the much smaller Quays Theatre as opposed to the nearly 2000-seat Lyric Theatre. The Quays holds about 500 I think (have performed there myself!) so I'd think that would be more suitable for this. Surely that's going to be the approach at all the theatres - have Carrie in the side rooms, because there's no way she's selling the larger venues, unless maybe they close some of the upper tiers and only sell stalls tickets?

Reactions: 10
She really can't stick to a narrative. After the whole WEL disaster, she spoke about how much she hated performing without being able to hide behind a character/show, and how much she didn't want to do WEL in the first place. Now she's doing another whole ass solo tour? I'm all for pushing your comfort zone but why make such a big deal of how much you hate performing outside of a show to go and do this

Reactions: 20
I’m also pretty sure the dress in her promo is one of her Joanie dresses isn’t it? Or at least close enough to be mistaken for it (I think the sleeves may be different) which I’ve always found strange considering they aren’t restocking it, all power to her it’s a lovely dress but just how constantly she wears her own collection it’s almost like she’s forgotten she doesn’t have to advertise it anymore

Reactions: 6
Oh wait, it’s not ‘til 2023? I wonder what she’ll be doing between July 2022 and May 2023…
Churning out the "fiction" about her and Olivers break up in a thinly veiled novel with names changed to mhairi and Oscar, then looking for her next man because she can't just be on her own

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What are her odds of going to Broadway now? Wouldn’t it clash? I’m not sure when Cinders is due to open over there!

Reactions: 1
I’m genuinely gutted she isn’t coming to the theatre I work in - we often see the people performing wandering round backstage and most are lovely so it would have been interesting to see what she was like 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Guess she's not going to Broadway then?
All the dates are within a 2-3 week period so I don't think still being in a larger tour is ruled out, she would just take time off the big show.

She has now retweeted every promoter/producer and almost every venue's own tweets about the announcement, and some others that have picked up the press release like Magic at the Musicals ... thanks Carrie we got it at the first one, no need to retweet every single mention of your name?

Wonder if part of it is to say "hey look Oliver I've got a national tour now, what do you think about that, huh"

School of Rock has cancelled at venues like Ipswich... and Carrie thinks she can fill the Edinburgh Festival Theatre? I truly wish I had her self belief, honestly.

TheatreBoard still think she may do Broadway, as this is just a few weeks.

Reactions: 5
There is zero mention of Cinderella in that article. Surely being a lead of a brand new ALW show would be mentioned in her celebrated roles list…perhaps all the drama and controversies are just too much of a negative around it now.
I thought this! They literally list “Fantine, Eponine and Young Eponine” when young Eponine is mute, but no mention of Cinderella?

Reactions: 9
I reckon her agents will quietly try and sweep Cinderella under the rug after she leaves and pretend it didn’t happen as it’s been the opposite of a resounding success.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.