Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her close friends who are on her finsta probably know what happened by now too, she is desperate for her audience to know

Reactions: 2
She is definitely only posting this passive aggressive stuff because she knows Ollie won't hit back, he's too professional. It's cowardly and super inappropriate tbh. Someone needs to have a word, but as she only surrounds herself with Yes men, it'll never happen!!

Reactions: 7
Spill all the tea😂🤣😂

I just saw on Instagram a girl that’s been too see Cinderella 17 times. Like what?! Not too be rude, but why would you want to go back that many times and put yourself through that?! How can you bear to sit through it that many times and have to look at that terrible Smiffys wig?🤦🏻‍♀️
When there’s so many quality shows out there?
Life’s too short

I was thinking that too, that’s a lot of money. I couldn’t believe it when I read it, I was shocked.
Gotta publically show it to prove your devotion to your star though. Even if said star can turn on a dime and bawl fans out on social media on any day with a y in it.

I'm not going to assume she is the only one to blame, or paint Oliver as a victim for having to deal with her.

He had no issue with that when he was living in a mansion and then a free house in London.

I might not like Carrie but that doesn't mean that I'm going to blame her for everything.

She isn't the first nor is she the last person to obershare on social media, the issue is she is a public figure. And because she has become famous through YouTube where she shared her life its hard for her to realise she needs to business only page.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
From everything that’s been shared online, I reckon he told her that he wasn’t in love with her anymore and it obviously came out of the blue for her. But you could actually see him losing interest in their social media content together. But she is probably now going to start labelling him as a narcissist or a sociopath because he stayed with someone he didn’t have feelings for. I know it’s painful but that happens. Someone can fall out of love and it may take them a while to realise. Then they have to pluck up the courage to have the conversation. And he probably had to wait until he’d finished self isolating so he could leave straight away. Obviously we don’t know the ins and outs but if that’s what it is then, I know it must be very painful for Carrie, but it doesn’t mean he needs therapy.

Reactions: 12
I'm not going to assume she is the only one to blame, or paint Oliver as a victim for having to deal with her.

He had no issue with that when he was living in a mansion and then a free house in London.

I might not like Carrie but that doesn't mean that I'm going to blame her for everything.

She isn't the first nor is she the last person to obershare on social media, the issue is she is a public figure. And because she has become famous through YouTube where she shared her life its hard for her to realise she needs to business only page.
How do you know he was living in a free house or not contributing to the mortgage? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I really hope someone close to her has a talk with her about not publicly smearing her ex's name on her pseudo professional instagram. She really needs more of a work-life separation. You wouldn't go into work at your office job and stand on the tables at lunch and announce that your ex needs therapy. It would be different if he was dangerous or did anything illegal, but it really just sounds like he didn't want to be in the relationship anymore and she didn't expect it.

I don't want to speculate on hows or whys but I've seen it happen with other years long relationships where someone feels stuck in a rut and wants to move on. It's easy to say that he did well gaining some following from her and living in her house etc. but we don't know their various situations, and frankly from his theatre history you can see he put in the training and the work and possibly would have done just as well without her exposure. He's being much more professional by just saying nothing. It would be nice if he addressed it very simply like "We're no longer together, thank you for the last 5 years, good luck moving forward" but also he's not obligated to, since he was never the one who splashed their relationship all over social media. For someone so dead set on boundaries, I really hope Carrie learns some new ones on instagram.

Reactions: 5
Spill all the tea😂🤣😂

I just saw on Instagram a girl that’s been too see Cinderella 17 times. Like what?! Not too be rude, but why would you want to go back that many times and put yourself through that?! How can you bear to sit through it that many times and have to look at that terrible Smiffys wig?🤦🏻‍♀️
I'm pretty sure I know exactly who you're on about

Reactions: 4
OMG the passive aggressive messaging towards Oliver in this post! So deeply unprofessional.
Came running here after seeing this! Ngl I find this relationship, or ex relationship so interesting. Because from what we’ve seen of them online and all the passive aggressive subbing Carrie has done since they’ve broken up, you can kinda draw multiple conclusions.

My take on this is not too dissimilar to what I’ve always thought of them as a couple since watching their daily videos together during lockdown. I don’t see either Carrie or Oliver as malicious people with ill intention during their relationship. I always saw them as two fundamentally incompatible people who clung together for various less than ideal reasons. For Carrie she is someone who cannot bear to be single no matter what. I don’t think she feels like a full and valid person unless she is coupled up. And she’s a hopeless romantic type who would’ve loved the optics of being in a ‘west end power couple’ type thing - I think she was very invested in Oliver being her ‘end game’ so to speak. And this would’ve put her in a somewhat vulnerable position.

She enjoyed her uni style experience during Addams and all the flirting/friends with benefits stuff with Oliver, he’s conventionally handsome and talented in their respective field. Plus her relationship at that time seemed a bit stale and it was clear Carrie saw herself as leagues above Pete. From Oliver’s perspective I think he also enjoyed the exciting uni style element of their dynamic too, and was Definitely very into the sudden influx of social media/stage door attention that he got from being a regular feature in her show vlogs.

I think Carrie was much more excited by Oliver than he was with her. And I don’t think the convenience of being in a relationship with her (big social media following, a place to stay rent free in London while he auditions/does shows on and off the west end) was at all lost on him. But I do think he sincerely cared for her, she was just never The One in his eyes. And Carrie like many people before her who are hopeless romantic types and who are in a relationship with someone who never quite felt the same intensity, she would’ve most likely poured a lot of love and energy into him trying to compensate.

One of my favourite examples of this was when Oliver made the standard ‘boyfriend of Carrie yearly pilgrimage’ to DisneyWorld and was just .. not into it much? Didn’t he and Carrie end up spending a lot of time just hanging in the hotel? Pete would never have dared hahaha, nor do I think Carrie would’ve ever accepted that. And I think it’s a solid metaphor for their whole relationship. And now Carrie is sat there on the other side of 5 years realising this. It doesn’t make Oliver a villain, ultimately most people have experienced an unbalanced relationship where we were more into the other person than vice versa. It’s a humbling experience and it can leave you embittered and angry for awhile.

I think for Carrie it will be far easier to paint Oliver as some cold unfeeling narcissist than accept he was just never that into her. That she was in a slightly half hearted lack lustre relationship borne mostly out of convenience. I found it telling when he came to see her at the London Marathon and she kept saying ‘I love you’ over and over and he didn’t say it back. He still came to see her because he cares for her, but certainly by that point (and imo the entire time) he didn’t love her. And now with the benefit of hindsight I can imagine she’s looking back on their time together and cringing a bit. And as others have noted, Oliver is leaving this relationship having gained a lot and his career on the up. Carrie is leaving this relationship in almost the exact opposite circumstances.

Reactions: 16

Curtain call with Lauren as Cinders and its the same abrupt stop to the dancing when she comes in.

Reactions: 2

Curtain call with Lauren as Cinders and its the same abrupt stop to the dancing when she comes in.
It's sooo awkward. Lauren looks really resigned to it. I guess Carrie thinks her version is soOoOo crazy goofy 🤪 because she jumps and puts her arms up when she enters when it looks like the direction is just to stand in the light then walk forward.

I'm sure once a new principal Cinderella is cast who can dance they'll rework the bows. At the moment I'd be embarrassed to be her coz it's such a clanging vibe killer when the rest of the bows are so energetic and fun.

Reactions: 14

Wow Ivano has some nifty moves there. As do the rest of the cast. Fair play to them all, there is plenty of talent on display there.

I am seeing it this Thursday, on a bargain basement ticket. I want to see the theatre as much as the show, because I doubt another show will make use of the newly restored auditorium revolve for many many years, not during the show anyway. I think it is currently supposed to be a Carrie night, but I might get lucky and see an adult instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oooh that moment when Cinderella comes out is a real vibe killer isn't it. It's a real party up until that point (Ivano is so great!) and then it starts to sound like the music they play when they're trying to get someone off stage halfway through a speech at the Oscar's...

• Haha
Reactions: 26

I actually really like the dancing bows, yes it's cheesy as hell but the cast look like they're having fun and get to show off a bit. And then the clumpy boots comes on and ruins it....

• Haha
Reactions: 22
OT but I saw Frozen today and Oliver was actually really good. The accent isn’t as Kermit like as it was in Addams and the switch between first/second act Hans was so smooth

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.