Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indirecting Oliver about their breakup via ‘inspirational’ quotes is surely EXACTLY what she created a private account for, no?? That seems to have gone completely inactive though so I guess it was just more of this type of stuff she was posting when she’d ‘logged off’ from social media

Reactions: 21
Indirecting Oliver about their breakup via ‘inspirational’ quotes is surely EXACTLY what she created a private account for, no?? That seems to have gone completely inactive though so I guess it was just more of this type of stuff she was posting when she’d ‘logged off’ from social media
Yeah, I agree. She literally has a finsta. She needs to use that for things like this. You don't see Oliver using his Insta to make vague, passive-aggressive remarks about Carrie. He knows he's an actor who has to use his social media professionally.

This is the problem with Carrie having landed her roles through having a social media following: she still thinks she can treat social media like it's her diary but behaviour like this is why no one will take her seriously as an actress in the long run.

Reactions: 17
Why? The more blasé we all get talking about therapy the sooner the stigma of it goes. Carrie should probably find a good therapist too. Heck, if I could afford one I'd be in therapy.
This is what's so frustrating about Carrie. When she actually makes valid points, she does it in the messiest way. There's a way to say "Oliver might benefit from therapy" without subposting about him. That's what heart.laughter is for.

Reactions: 5
I don't think insinuating on social media that her ex needs therapy is very classy, whether on private or public pages. Yh sure with close friends after break ups we say all sorts, go out and drunk..these do not need to be shared with others on insta stories. The issue is she doesn't have close friends in which to do this with.

I can imagine Oliver hetting fed, disagreeing with her and breaking up with her and she's pissed off SHE didn't get to end it. She seems that type and nothing is her fault only ever the blokes.

Reactions: 18
I don't think insinuating on social media that her ex needs therapy is very classy, whether on private or public pages. Yh sure with close friends after break ups we say all sorts, go out and drunk..these do not need to be shared with others on insta stories. The issue is she doesn't have close friends in which to do this with.

I can imagine Oliver hetting fed, disagreeing with her and breaking up with her and she's pissed off SHE didn't get to end it. She seems that type and nothing is her fault only ever the blokes.
She was humbled by the break up for a little while and who knows if she did some self-reflection but now has recovered enough to be all narcissistic again. I'm not saying the break up is HER fault - I'm just saying that she's not going to learn a thing if she simply passive aggressively blames Oliver. I speak as someone who absolutely thinks her own ex has major issues that caused most of the problems leading to our break up - but that the break up forced me to look at myself too and see what I wanted to improve about myself. Carrie is so frustrating in this way - she needs to understand that everyone has faults and a relationship needs a lot of work. I find her behaviour such a weird mixture of old before her time and really, really 'teen drama' about things. At the end of the day - if she completely kept her feelings about the break-up off social media she would retain the respect of a lot more people. Don't air your dirty laundry in public Carrie - even through passive aggressive 'inspirational' quotes - it wasn't a good idea with ALW and it's not good idea now!

Reactions: 8
Just because a guy breaks up with you, doesn't mean he needs therapy Karen Carrie

• Haha
Reactions: 20
He probably used the ‘it’s not you it’s me’ line just to get away from her and now she thinks he meant it and needs therapy 😂

I’ve got a break up theory (since Carrie isn’t doing anything else much worth talking about rn)

After they went to Finland, people were openly speculating here and on socials that Oliver had proposed. I wonder if it prompted a conversation between them where Carrie said she was ready for marriage and Oliver wasn’t. And potentially he realised he never would be, with her.

They look perfectly happy on that trip and then things ended just a few weeks after, so it would kinda make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Someone needs to tell her that should go on her private Insta. She’s so childish. She knows for a fact that everybody is going to know it’s about Oliver. Unless he was abusive, don’t try and trash his career. Have some class, Carrie.
Correct me if I’m wrong but can you not set a story/post up for a limited audience anyway so you could choose to only share certain things with IRL friends without necessarily having to set up/use a separate Finsta?

Reactions: 7
Correct me if I’m wrong but can you not set a story/post up for a limited audience anyway so you could choose to only share certain things with IRL friends without necessarily having to set up/use a separate Finsta?
Yeah but she needs the maximum amount of attention. She needs to be dramatic and create a whole new page

Reactions: 1
You can. You pick who you want to see and its under "close friends".

Reactions: 1
You can. You pick who you want to see and its under "close friends".
I’m sure all of her friends have enough silent suffering to do over her regular dramas ...
I always find these kind of ‘inspirational’/passive aggressive quotes so cringey. The subtle as a sledgehammer digs at her Ex. It’s human nature to want to be seen as ‘in the right’ and apportion blame (if that’s what happened) but I’m sure people would respect her more if she just got on with her job and posted about that?
After all she did say she was contractually obliged to post Cinders stuff. This intermingled with her teen drama is soooo unprofessional.
It’s starting to look like click bait to keep the dwindling likes up on her grid. Cos one day employers hiring her for her social media following are gonna look at the engagement vs followers more closely and rumble that it doesn’t add up. Some of her cast mates and other actors with ‘less pull’ get more engagement on Twitter and Facebook than Miss Fletcher

Reactions: 2
I don't mind the passive aggressive posts because it gives us little hints about what happened. Keep em coming. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
God, I actually felt bad for Carrie after the break up. I thought Oli had done her so wrong by supposedly blindsiding her like that. There’s me looking a fool again. I can’t believe she’s behaving like this. So petty and immature. She’s nearly 30. Just wish one of her friends who’ve been taking her out would just tell her to keep her gob closed. If you’ve got nothing classy to say about your break up, say nothing. It’s just not appropriate for her platform.

Reactions: 8
God, I actually felt bad for Carrie after the break up. I thought Oli had done her so wrong by supposedly blindsiding her like that. There’s me looking a fool again. I can’t believe she’s behaving like this. So petty and immature. She’s nearly 30. Just wish one of her friends who’ve been taking her out would just tell her to keep her gob closed. If you’ve got nothing classy to say about your break up, say nothing. It’s just not appropriate for her platform.
She always acts like this after a breakup, though. It's sad to see she hasn't changed in the past decade.

Reactions: 3
OMG the passive aggressive messaging towards Oliver in this post! So deeply unprofessional.
Carrie, if you're reading, your public professional social media is not for airing your dirty laundry!! That's what heart.laughter is for!!

Reactions: 10
Honestly Carrie is just out of her depth as a semi-famous person. I truly think she is both conceited and naive. She can’t handle having the lack of privacy on her main account- she wants the life where she’s able to use her social media just like us non famous folk- but then wants the money, and recognition. She is so out of touch with the rest of us, with her two London properties (yeah and she kept both in the breakup as well as the cat) and lying for attention, ‘forgetting’ she’s in the public eye so people will pick up on it. It’s not even dislike I have for her, it’s just disappointment. I think I’d be a big fan of hers if she just learnt to use her private insta and learn what it’s like when you aren’t privileged, as she’s never been not privileged.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.