Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not strictly true that is it Carrie. You did go into more detail then edited it… she’ll spill, she’s desperate to
I'm not sure there's more to spill....she was left by her boyfriend, didn't see it coming and feels (understandably) like tit. All she wants to do right now is badmouth him, and it's actually sad that she doesnt seem to have girlfriends she can do that with. Instead she has to be cryptic on social media, but it has to be explicit enough so her fans understand that she's mad at Oliver and that she's the victim here.
If there was anymore to it - him cheating or already having a new girlfriend: we'd know by now :D

Reactions: 6
Lots of people obviously asking what happened. ‘This is as much detail as I’ll go into.’ But I’ll give lots of vague hints and repost text posts which hint at what happened..
Asking her for relationship advice right now would be like asking a recently convicted drink driver about road safety wouldn't it?

Or asking my Mum for bereavement advice a week after her husband of 51 years died!

Reactions: 14
I feel like after the tattoo and the hair change, the next thing would be to go on a trip after Cinderella round Europe or South East Asia and wear harem pants and ‘find herself’.

But she doesn’t really travel anywhere but Disney so maybe she’ll do some soul searching whilst walking through the countries in Epcot..

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I do find her language of “my ex left me” strange…shouldn’t it be “my ex broke up with me” or “my ex and I went our separate ways” he’s always been allowed to leave Carrie, you did not own Oliver 😅 I get being sad, but something about how she wrote that threw me.
Long time lurker here. I don’t find it weird. I think she had been seeing herself from a personal perspective as part of a power duo and almost wanted to be owned by him, certainly couldn’t envisage herself single. She has been so desperately head over heels with him, far more than he ever was with her. Her validation is to be loved and suddenly while she was (overbearingly) giving it her all he wants to end it for whatever reason and she never saw it coming. Remember back at the marathon when she was shouting I love you and olly was like whatever, it was awkward then. She desperately wants to be line Tom and Gi who have been together since the year dot and are strong, her mum and dad are still together, strong loving relationships are all she’s ever known and what she deeply covets but she can’t make them work.

She needs to be single for a bit and to understand that she doesn’t need to be in a relationship to be validated.

Reactions: 16
I feel like after the tattoo and the hair change, the next thing would be to go on a trip after Cinderella round Europe or South East Asia and wear harem pants and ‘find herself’.

But she doesn’t really travel anywhere but Disney so maybe she’ll do some soul searching whilst walking through the countries in Epcot..
And walking around the wrong way around world showcase!! Whoever starts in Mexico is a pussy!!

Reactions: 1
It's quite brutal for a relationship to go from seemingly totally fine to this level of animosity. Even if it hadn't been "perfect" for a while, presumably it was working well enough for it to be a surprise for Carrie. From five years deep and cohabiting to unfollowed/blocked from SM and not even referring to each other by name (or referring at all in Oliver's case - not even to congratulate on the WOS award) just feels completely weird to me.

Maybe Oliver said he wanted to end things, and that became a huge row of built up resentments that they never properly processed or discussed during the relationship?

Reactions: 10
It's quite brutal for a relationship to go from seemingly totally fine to this level of animosity. Even if it hadn't been "perfect" for a while, presumably it was working well enough for it to be a surprise for Carrie. From five years deep and cohabiting to unfollowed/blocked from SM and not even referring to each other by name (or referring at all in Oliver's case - not even to congratulate on the WOS award) just feels completely weird to me.

Maybe Oliver said he wanted to end things, and that became a huge row of built up resentments that they never properly processed or discussed during the relationship?
Well Carrie's self-obsession probably made it hard for her to see if Oliver was pulling away. Lapland was probably their last hope at rekindling any kind of spark they had.

Reactions: 9
This is going to sound really harsh.

But if you enter into an entirely consensual relationship where you both are able non-vulnerable adults with independent thoughts and opinions ie there's no manipulation from one partner etc.

And you both know early on you want wildly different things (marriage/no marriage) and choose to stay together? Presumably because you're intending to emotionally twist his arm up his back?

You don't get to act bLiNdSiDeD when tit hits the fan. Like you never saw it coming? Really? Get out.

Reactions: 28
This is going to sound really harsh.

But if you enter into an entirely consensual relationship where you both are able non-vulnerable adults with independent thoughts and opinions ie there's no manipulation from one partner etc.

And you both know early on you want wildly different things (marriage/no marriage) and choose to stay together? Presumably because you're intending to emotionally twist his arm up his back?

You don't get to act bLiNdSiDeD when tit hits the fan. Like you never saw it coming? Really? Get out.
Absolutely agree. They both may have been relatively young but they certainly were into full adulthood at the start of the relationship. People go on at Oliver for not being as invested but Carrie presumably had been planning to be the one to change his mind on marriage which in my opinion is self centered and quite manipulative. Of course many people don’t see it as manipulation which is fair but it’s my honest opinion. You don’t get to change someone’s mind on a major life decision even if you’re their partner.

Reactions: 17
Absolutely agree. They both may have been relatively young but they certainly were into full adulthood at the start of the relationship. People go on at Oliver for not being as invested but Carrie presumably had been planning to be the one to change his mind on marriage which in my opinion is self centered and quite manipulative. Of course many people don’t see it as manipulation which is fair but it’s my honest opinion. You don’t get to change someone’s mind on a major life decision even if you’re their partner.
Ooh has it been said somewhere this is what happened?

Not from a direct source in the know - just seems the most likely explanation given what both Carrie and Oliver have said about relationship goals in the past. Carrie has talked about wanting to be married with kids and Oliver has said he feels that marriage isn’t for him/necessary (or something along those lines - I can’t remember exactly).

Reactions: 3
Ok I'm just back to say that her advice in her Q&A on how to handle a breakup, that one day you will meet someone "strong enough and clever enough" to love you just totally underlines the point I made earlier, that she doesn't actually reflect on how she ends up in relationship dynamics with men who blindside her with bad behaviour, according to her own descriptions. Oliver just wasn't "strong and clever" enough! That's the issue, we're done here.

Also to agree with what several of you have said, I think Carrie was probably ignoring signs of trouble. I have also definitely been the person who "completely blindsided" someone else. It was a friend in my case. I spent so much time and energy trying to communicate with this friend why her behaviour was really bothering me, and it didn't matter. It just continued. Then when I finally walked away it was "so surprising" and I just unexpectedly dropped our friendship.

It was definitely also a case of me thinking our constant arguments and tension were abnormal and really exhausting, while she thought that was a normal part of friendship. I could definitely see something like that happening with Oliver and Carrie; sometimes the one who had no idea the relationship was going bad is just the one who has a very high tolerance for toxicity.

Last edited:
Well Carrie's self-obsession probably made it hard for her to see if Oliver was pulling away. Lapland was probably their last hope at rekindling any kind of spark they had.
This!

Blindsided because she was so wrapped up in herself she didn’t see how distant he’d become. He never posted photos of her or gushy posts about her, it was all one way. I think he’d felt like this for a while but then the pandemic happened and kept him with her for longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I would love to be able to see her finsta, I’m sure she’s spilled everything about the breakup on there.

This!

Blindsided because she was so wrapped up in herself she didn’t see how distant he’d become. He never posted photos of her or gushy posts about her, it was all one way. I think he’d felt like this for a while but then the pandemic happened and kept him with her for longer.
Being harsh, but possibly true, he is now earning regular decent income too. So he has the finances to be able to leave.

It’s no secret that Carrie constantly talked about marriage and kids. It’s also no secret that Oliver didn’t want that life. This is speculation but many think it just got to the time period where he had to propose or they were gonna break up.

Being harsh, but possibly true, he is now earning regular decent income too. So he has the finances to be able to leave.
Exactly this.

Women that have been stay at home mums get trapped in relationships for the same reason. Can't imagine pandemic universal credit will go far in a place like London.

Reactions: 1
Exactly this.

Women that have been stay at home mums get trapped in relationships for the same reason. Can't imagine pandemic universal credit will go far in a place like London.
Yeah so many couples end up staying together because of finances. Usually the woman that gets trapped but have know a couple of men in same situation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.