Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“you don’t book a ticket to see me, you book to see the show” …. You might want to tell the marketing team that 🙄
Let’s be honest here, everyone’s booking too see the Smiffys wig in person. No other West End show has one, really adds a special element to the show🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m not sticking up for Carrie here, but she never said she was ‘blindsided’. Someone at the beginning of the last thread claimed she said it, when she didn’t, and people have been quoting it since, as if Carrie said it. She never said she was blindsided. She DID say that the relationship ended suddenly and that she didn’t see it coming. Blindsided means that someone deliberately prevents someone from being able to see the truth. Not the same thing. Let’s not quote people with fake quotes.

Reactions: 6
I’m not sticking up for Carrie here, but she never said she was ‘blindsided’. Someone at the beginning of the last thread claimed she said it, when she didn’t, and people have been quoting it since, as if Carrie said it. She never said she was blindsided. She DID say that the relationship ended suddenly and that she didn’t see it coming. Blindsided means that someone deliberately prevents someone from being able to see the truth. Not the same thing. Let’s not quote people with fake quotes.
You’re absolutely right, very well said.

Reactions: 3
I think you’ve created a new definition for blindsided there. You’re right, she never said the word but a relationship ending suddenly and not seeing it coming is being blindsided. Nothing to do with the other person deliberately hiding anything.

If you’re blind sided in American Football it means you’re hit when you don’t see it coming. Same with a car accident.

Reactions: 32
I think you’ve created a new definition for blindsided there. You’re right, she never said the word but a relationship ending suddenly and not seeing it coming is being blindsided. Nothing to do with the other person deliberately hiding anything.

If you’re blind sided in American Football it means you’re hit when you don’t see it coming. Same with a car accident.
Not that it matters but there is actually definition of the word that means to prevent someone from seeing the truth. To blindside someone is to deliberately conceal the truthful version of an event from them. To be blindsided is to be surprised when they do learn the truth. I’m not talking about American football.
And my actual point was that people keep putting it in quotations and, over the last two threads, have been saying that Carrie said it. Yeah maybe that’s how she feels but it bothers me when people misquote and out words in other people’s mouths.

Reactions: 3
Isn't that gaslighting? English is not my first or second language, so it is possible I used it in the wrong sense.

Reactions: 1
Isn't that gaslighting? English is not my first or second language, so it is possible I used it in the wrong sense.
No. Gaslighting is changing the narrative of an event to make someone question their own sanity and is a form of emotional abuse.

Reactions: 2
I don't think anyone actually claimed she said it. Someone described her situation as being blindsided and then people commenting afterwards agreed and shared their theories

Reactions: 4
No she didn’t. The bit she edited and took out was saying that it ended suddenly and she didn’t see it coming. That’s what I mean. People think she said it because someone claimed she did in the previous thread.

Reactions: 2
Not that it matters but there is actually definition of the word that means to prevent someone from seeing the truth. To blindside someone is to deliberately conceal the truthful version of an event from them. To be blindsided is to be surprised when they do learn the truth. I’m not talking about American football.
And my actual point was that people keep putting it in quotations and, over the last two threads, have been saying that Carrie said it. Yeah maybe that’s how she feels but it bothers me when people misquote and out words in other people’s mouths.
No yeah I totally agree with that second point saying she didn’t actually say it but I still agree that the word applies to how she’s described the break up.
The term blind side literally originates in American football that’s why I bring it up and that’s why the definition is what it is. I don’t see any other definition being a thing. Unless the person above is right and you maybe mean gaslight? (Edit: no just saw you don’t mean that.)

Reactions: 6
No she didn’t say it. The bit she edited and took out was saying that it ended suddenly and she didn’t see it coming. That’s what I mean. People think she said it because someone claimed she did in the previous thread.

No yeah I totally agree with that second point saying she didn’t actually say it but I still agree that the word applies to how she’s described the break up.
The term blind side literally originates in American football that’s why I bring it up and that’s why the definition is what it is. I don’t see any other definition being a thing. Unless the person above is right and you maybe mean gaslight?
No I don’t mean gaslight. I’m in therapy for gaslighting, I know what it is. 😅 Maybe both definitions are correct but no I definitely don’t mean gaslighting.

- Edit - Should probably clarify I’m in therapy for being on the receiving end of it, not doing it myself 🤣

Reactions: 1
Get your harem pants out girls. We’re going to Thailand!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
As much as this made me laugh, I think it would do her the world of good to have an Eat, Pray, Love moment. She’s got the resources, why not travel and expand her horizons beyond Disney? I’m also fully preparing myself for her being a late stage ‘gap yaar’ w*nker though…

Reactions: 17
Get your harem pants out girls. We’re going to Thailand!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Looking forward to the Eat Pray Love stage of Carrie's life! Maybe she'll meet a sexy, middle-aged divorcee who has nothing to do with her fields of profession, I think that'd be good :)

Reactions: 9
As much as this made me laugh, I think it would do her the world of good to have an Eat, Pray, Love moment. She’s got the resources, why not travel and expand her horizons beyond Disney? I’m also fully preparing myself for her being a late stage ‘gap yaar’ w*nker though…
Oh I’ve always said she should be travelling way more than she does and gain some knowledge of the world beyond Disney. I just love that she’s doing all the typical break up things and I literally joked about this yesterday and now today she’s said this. I hope this year she grows up and calms down a bit but I have this feeling she’ll just keep getting more self centred as her friends panda to her every whim after this break up.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.