Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really sceptical about how well Carrie is gonna fill out the London Palladium. I’ve been there a few times and it’s massive, it’s where they film the Britain’s Got Talent audience auditions. Surprised she didn’t go for somewhere more intimate, where she can pretty much guarantee ticket sales, like the Cadogan or the Actor’s Church (where she’s done all her book tours).

Either she or her agents have ideas way above her station because while Carrie is popular amongst the Hatefuls, they’ll never fill up the Palladium.

Reactions: 8
She looks really nice in the promo—her hair looks lovely like that. And now that I’ve said my nice thing… ‘An open book’ is hilarious as a title because what else could she possibly share that she hasn’t already shared 😂 I suppose it’s nice to hear her sing but what is she going to talk about and who is going to be interested in that??

Reactions: 17
I’m really sceptical about how well Carrie is gonna fill out the London Palladium. I’ve been there a few times and it’s massive, it’s where they film the Britain’s Got Talent audience auditions. Surprised she didn’t go for somewhere more intimate, where she can pretty much guarantee ticket sales, like the Cadogan or the Actor’s Church (where she’s done all her book tours).

Either she or her agents have ideas way above her station because while Carrie is popular amongst the Hatefuls, they’ll never fill up the Palladium.
yeah for contrast, she’s currently performing at a theatre with 1300 (roughly) seats and struggling to fill out half the audience. that’s in a show that has a story backing with a recognisable character name (everyone knows the story of cinderella), andrew lloyd webbers name on it and plenty of posters everywhere (i was in central london the other day and they were all over buses, and random advertising boards). i don’t seeing this show being a sell out at this point in time but maybe she’s got a big ass role coming before then which is why they are advertising so early, she’s already lined up her next role for when she finishes cinderella and she knows it’s going to make her more popular (or she thinks) and wants the loyal hatefuls to be able to get there tickets before the newcomers can

Reactions: 11
Maybe she's somehow scored a big TV show that's going to make her a household name in the next year but which is yet to be announced, who knows.

Reactions: 4
She looks really nice in the promo—her hair looks lovely like that. And now that I’ve said my nice thing… ‘An open book’ is hilarious as a title because what else could she possibly share that she hasn’t already shared 😂 I suppose it’s nice to hear her sing but what is she going to talk about and who is going to be interested in that??
When I heard the title, I thought it was going to be a book tour for the tell-all book she keeps mentioning wanting to write when she reaches 30

Reactions: 12
Or maybe they have gone on sale now while her profile is relatively high, as post Cinderella her fame might dwindle.

Reactions: 3
On the one hand, having concerts in different cities can be quite prestigious for a singer. But for a theater performer that kind of also reads as "old-timey actress refuses to accept her career is over", like from 19th-century novels "The Seagull" style, where she would sit in dilapidated dressing rooms and desperately put too much rouge on her face. All depends on the crowds and the general publicity for the thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
From the WOS article
"I absolutely adore being on stage and am fortunate to have performed across the West End and overseas, but there's something very special about theatres around the UK so I can't wait to get out on the road and visit these absolutely fantastic and beautiful venues."

The tour is set to open on 18 May at Bradford's St George's Hall, before visiting Southampton's Mayflower Theatre (21 May), Norwich Theatre Royal (22 May), The London Palladium (25 May), Llandudno's Venue Cymru (27 May), The Lowry in Salford (28 May), Birmingham Symphony Hall (29 May), Sheffield City Hall (31 May), Nottingham Royal Concert Hall (2 June), Newcastle O2 City Hall (3 June) and Edinburgh Festival Theatre (4 June).

Bradford - not a theatre
Birmingham - not a theatre
Sheffield - not a theatre
Nottingham - not a theatre
Newcastle - not a theatre

(note - I'm not saying these venues aren't fantastic and beautiful (in their own way) but they ain't theatres like she's gushing about.
You’re right!
And some of them are absolutely huge
Be interesting to see if the interest is there o
across the UK outside of the London bubble.
They used a seat filling service when she was at Cardogan Hall a few years back where tickets were reduced to £6

Guess she's not going to Broadway then?
This is her ‘in your face break up with Andrew Lloyd Webber tour’ because she isn’t going to Broadway...

‘Me, go to Broadway? I would’ve loved to, but I have my tour...’

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
She is CONSTANTLY going to be harping on with ‘I HATE being on stage without being able to hide behind a character’ - we GET it, you’re HUMBLE

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is bizarre. She's always saying that she hates being herself on stage and prefers being a character. So why do a tour like this?? Also isn't this exactly what her recent video ideas were?

Reactions: 11
She is CONSTANTLY going to be harping on with ‘I HATE being on stage without being able to hide behind a character’ - we GET it, you’re HUMBLE
A lot of actors are introverts- Carrie doesn’t seem to realise this. Because of this actors are usually very good at observing and creating characters. As a singer myself I have done a lot of musical theatre because I love telling a story when I sing. I love most types of music but I’m usually drawn to musicals and country music because of the story telling aspect.
Carrie, this isn’t the unique personality quirk you are making it out to be- it makes you like most performers. Even Beyoncé has an alter ego on stage!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A lot of actors are introverts- Carrie doesn’t seem to realise this. Because of this actors are usually very good at observing and creating characters. As a singer myself I have done a lot of musical theatre because I love telling a story when I sing. I love most types of music but I’m usually drawn to musicals and country music because of the story telling aspect.
Carrie, this isn’t the unique personality quirk you are making it out to be- it makes you like most performers. Even Beyoncé has an alter ego on stage!
Oh god. What would Carrie’s equivalent of Sasha Fierce be? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve been to the mayflower and it’s huge. Even if she sells it out (which I doubt), it’s going to drown her

Reactions: 4

We have an update!
oh god she’s coming to my city 😭. i’m booked off work the week she’s appearing so i could technically go 😂.

it would be different if she had 1 show at the palladium instead of all these big venues.

for instance i’m from norwich and she’s booked for the theatre royal which is 1300 seats. i would think the playhouse which is 300 seats and has a more laid back and cosy feel would be more appropriate for a one women show like carries.

whoever’s booked these shows either hasn’t done their research on the venues and the audience in that area. or as mentioned they’ve seriously miscalculated

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
oh god she’s coming to my city 😭. i’m booked off work the week she’s appearing so i could technically go 😂.

it would be different if she had 1 show at the palladium instead of all these big venues.

for instance i’m from norwich and she’s booked for the theatre royal which is 1300 seats. i would think the playhouse which is 300 seats and has a more laid back and cosy feel would be more appropriate for a one women show like carries.

whoever’s booked these shows either hasn’t done their research on the venues and the audience in that area. or as mentioned they’ve seriously miscalculated
Hi fellow Norwich person - my thoughts exactly! And that theatre really feels it when it's half empty.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.