Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi fellow Norwich person - my thoughts exactly! And that theatre really feels it when it's half empty.
the date is also a monday, if she tries to get people from norfolk/suffolk they’re likely not going to want to travel to see her show. a lot of the dates are also week days as well.

maybe they’ll be an announcement at the start of next year that carrie has relocated to smaller venues.

Reactions: 2
It would make more sense if it was more like a concert with her duetting with lots of other musical theatre people

the date is also a monday, if she tries to get people from norfolk/suffolk they’re likely not going to want to travel to see her show. a lot of the dates are also week days as well.

maybe they’ll be an announcement at the start of next year that carrie has relocated to smaller venues.
Or that industry standard blame Covid for poor sales

I’ve been to the mayflower and it’s huge. Even if she sells it out (which I doubt), it’s going to drown her
It's my local and stages all the big touring shows. We do have another version as well also owned by Mayflower which is smaller and more intimate, I'm surprised she's not booked that one.

Reactions: 4
I wonder how the money shakes out for these types of tours. I assume the production company pays her x pounds to go on the tour and they get the ticket sales, for good or ill. So it won't matter to her money wise whether she can sell out the venues. The production company will just lose money and not want to work with her again. That's my theory but I know nothing about show business. I just assume it's similar to cast albums where you get a flat paycheck for doing it and no money from the actual sales.

Reactions: 1
Seeing as newsies is apparently heading to the west end, if she ends up as Katherine I will riot

So, it's just going to be what her "show-verview" video was? Only she sings this time?
I was thinking this must be why she did those videos. Links to the tour she was planning.

I wonder if she was hoping pre-break up that Oliver would appear in a couple of nights as a surprise guest and perform with her?

Reactions: 5
I wonder how the money shakes out for these types of tours. I assume the production company pays her x pounds to go on the tour and they get the ticket sales, for good or ill. So it won't matter to her money wise whether she can sell out the venues. The production company will just lose money and not want to work with her again. That's my theory but I know nothing about show business. I just assume it's similar to cast albums where you get a flat paycheck for doing it and no money from the actual sales.
Don’t know if that’s how it would work
But even if she did get paid up front how mortifying would’ve it be to play to half empty venues or have to cancel due to poor sales.

I think she’s got a big part coming up her sleeve and hoping to capitalise on the popularity afterwards

Newsies seems like a good shout.

I really don't see how she's going to fill 2k seats at Symphony Hall. I imagined her more at the Glee Club which is 600. But I suppose it's not as posh and ego boosting for her. And even at 600, I'd be very surprised if she would have a sell out at those numbers.

What an odd venue to choose. I can't imagine it's a very cheap venue to book.
Depends on the deal the promoters have struck, I'm surprised she's not playing the Town Hall in Birmingham. Seats about 1000 and still has the grandeur for a concert setting. I'll be very surprising if anything above the circle is sold for this!

Seeing as newsies is apparently heading to the west end, if she ends up as Katherine I will riot
She could never manage King of New York in a billion years, unless they're drastically cutting out the choreo for that and I think Newsies has enough of a fanbase they'll riot if they did.

Reactions: 8
She could never manage King of New York in a billion years, unless they're drastically cutting out the choreo for that and I think Newsies has enough of a fanbase they'll riot if they did.
The articles do say it’s a “completely new production” and they’re not using any of the Disney name or branding so it’s likely to be re-choreographed but (as a fansie myself) they really do need to strike the line to ensure they don’t alienate the cult fan base that kept newsies running on Broadway - is anyone saw the Arts Ed production that put Jac Yarrow on the map then that could give some insight but I didn’t see that myself as it only ran for like three days

St George’s in Bradford seats 1,335- I was wondering where she’d end up in Yorkshire. I was almost expecting her to go to Leeds Playhouse- the Courtyard at Leeds seats 350 and the Quarry 750. Leeds seems a lot more suited to her than Bradford.

She can't tap. She's not funny, or seductive, so that rules out any role except Hannah. She'll desperately want in though since the cast is a bunch of young guys and she'll be one of the only girls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The front few rows of each venue will sell out to her Hopefuls on Thursday's pre-sale, everyone else that wants to go will wait till nearer the time to book. I just can't see that she has the draw for many people to bother making plans 15 months in advance.

Perhaps there will be a free unsold Joanie dress for everyone that books before Christmas.

Hmmm none of brother, sister-in-law, or mother, have bothered to retweet any of the many announcements about it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
The articles do say it’s a “completely new production” and they’re not using any of the Disney name or branding so it’s likely to be re-choreographed but (as a fansie myself) they really do need to strike the line to ensure they don’t alienate the cult fan base that kept newsies running on Broadway - is anyone saw the Arts Ed production that put Jac Yarrow on the map then that could give some insight but I didn’t see that myself as it only ran for like three days
How can they rebrand it? Newsies belongs to Disney? Is this even real do you think?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.