Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At 30 you shouldn't have common grounds with a 21.the power dymanics are off, for starters.

At 18 you aren't a different person from a week ago when you were 17. A 50 year old has no job with a 18year old.
Well put. Was gonna say the same. It's not ageism to say that an adult shouldn't want to date people who were teenagers a second ago - it's about the power dynamic. And yes, he only liked some photos, but the principle is the same - that it's kinda creepy. I'm queer, same age as Oliver, and it'd never be appealing to me to seek out young women at 21 to date, because it would feel creepy and off.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Lots of squabbling on this forum atm, I guess because of the lack of content Carrie is putting out lol.

What I will say is that I assume the people saying a ten year age gap is fine are quite young themselves. When I was 21 I was briefly in a relationship with a 30 year old and I was very quick to be like "age doesn't matter if we're both of consenting age, I'm very mature" etc. But now I'm 30 I look at 21 y/os and they seriously look like children to me so I do think it's gross to be leering over them.

Anyway, like someone said, I think the ick is more that they just broke up and he's out liking photos (having not at all publicly acknowledged the end of a very long and public relationship). Before I get swarmed by people being like "they're single he can do what he wants!!!!" You really saying that if your partner of 5 years broke up with you and then started liking photos of attractive young women days later you wouldn't find it upsetting and a bit sleazy? I'm not saying he shouldn't be doing it I'm just saying it's a bit creepy, especially for someone who is trying to put out an image of being a squeaky clean Disney musical star!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I literally had this conversation with my 31 year old (male) friend the other day. He would see no problem in going out with someone 10 years younger than him. I find it sleazy with either gender tbh. Anyone I know who goes after someone that much younger than them, always has issues and red flags that people their own age don't engage with. If he's looking for a rebound he's entitled 100%, but it isn't a good look imo.

Reactions: 18
He’s just looking for someone younger cause he’s been with someone who styles herself like his mother for the last 5 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
He’s just looking for someone younger cause he’s been with someone who styles herself like his mother for the last 5 years.
Likely wants positive attention for having a hot, young girlfriend (again: nothing against Carrie's looks, but she does like to style herself older) and someone that will be in awe of him/won't argue whereas Carrie can come across as demanding

He probably wants to shove it in her face that he can get someone so much better. Ewl.
If that is the case, she’s so much better off without him. If he’s like that, he’ll never have a genuine relationship with anyone, and who wants to be in a relationship with someone like that anyway?! Major red flags.

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have a finsta, I’m sure most people in the public eye do, and if he doesn’t he probably ought to for liking photos of pretty young girls on. Because he can’t think people won’t see what he’s liking, including the young girls who are into Frozen and fancy him and will draw the conclusion that they might be in with a shot. Unless that’s the idea to secure his fanbace post Carrie. Ick. Whoever’s benefit it’s for it seems a bit performative.

Reactions: 3
Lots of squabbling on this forum atm, I guess because of the lack of content Carrie is putting out lol.

What I will say is that I assume the people saying a ten year age gap is fine are quite young themselves. When I was 21 I was briefly in a relationship with a 30 year old and I was very quick to be like "age doesn't matter if we're both of consenting age, I'm very mature" etc. But now I'm 30 I look at 21 y/os and they seriously look like children to me so I do think it's gross to be leering over them.

Yeah, I also don't want to argue about this off-topic subject, but I agree that age gaps like this can easily be concerning. Obviously there are always examples of couples with age gaps who are good together, but age gaps are often a source of abuse and manipulation in my opinion/experience. I also briefly dated a 29 year old at 18/19, and now that I'm the age he was back then I feel so weird about it. He shamed me for being "childish" or not knowing how relationships worked during our breakup argument, which made me feel bad at the time, but now I recognize that if he felt that way he should have found someone his own age. My sister was in an abusive relationship with someone 15 years older than her, and he definitely used her lack of maturity and experience as a way to manipulate her into accepting/normalizing his abuse.

Obviously this doesn't really compare to Oliver liking the instagram pictures of young women. But I find it troubling to see people say age gaps only matter if they're illegal. Age gaps absolutely give predators an opportunity to be with women who don't yet know how to set boundaries or recognize disrespect.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Change of topic because tbf this is boring...

I bet its killing carrie that audio of Jamie in Heathers is going viral and he's being praised for his performance, especially since its a song he sings to her character and she's not getting a mention at all.

Reactions: 34
My one question is HOW can you see what one likes on insta? Asking for a friend. I'm the friend.
Haha same tbh. Do you have to go to the profiles of everyone they follow and click on the likes on every one of their posts? Or is there a feature for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You used to be able to see everyone's likes on Instagram before they were bought by Facebook. The activity section had 2 tabs, one for your likes/mentions etc, and one for everyone you follow. Used to see my ex-boyfriend liking lots of pics and commenting on really hot girls pics thinking he had a chance 🤭 I think you now just need to go on someone's profile and check who has liked the pics which is annoying!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Change of topic because tbf this is boring...

I bet its killing carrie that audio of Jamie in Heathers is going viral and he's being praised for his performance, especially since its a song he sings to her character and she's not getting a mention at all.
he's started an account purely as a response and got thousands of followers in a day, carrie must be mad as hell 😆

edit to add: 78k followers in a day! account is @jamiemuscato if anyone wants to add to that

Reactions: 7
I saw a post of someone on tiktok going “why are we simping over Jamie when we have Carrie singing dead girl walking” and it was so cringe. It’s like watching someone’s aunt doing dead girl walking

• Haha
Reactions: 11
he's started an account purely as a response and got thousands of followers in a day, carrie must be mad as hell 😆

edit to add: 78k followers in a day! account is @jamiemuscato if anyone wants to add to that
What do you mean? Jamie has had an insta account for a while?

EDIT - Nevermind I just got the fact ya'll meant tiktok haha

Reactions: 1
I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have a finsta, I’m sure most people in the public eye do, and if he doesn’t he probably ought to for liking photos of pretty young girls on. Because he can’t think people won’t see what he’s liking, including the young girls who are into Frozen and fancy him and will draw the conclusion that they might be in with a shot. Unless that’s the idea to secure his fanbace post Carrie. Ick. Whoever’s benefit it’s for it seems a bit performative.
Can we please stop they are ‘young girls’ they are 21 so women. I don’t really agree with him liking stuff so soon after a long term relationship but I hate the implications people are trying to make now. 21 is a adult. Maybe he shouldn’t move on quickly but let’s not go there

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
What's the general consensus here... what do you think Carrie will do after Cinderella? Continue acting or take a break?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.