Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she doesn't go to Broadway I honestly think her career could have peaked. She won't get acting work because she isn't an actress, she hasn't trained and it shows. She is growing out of the younger roles and not quite old enough for the mum roles. She's too old for eponine again but I guess could maybe do fantine again. Things like panto and war of the worlds might happen, but keep repeating the same roles isn't ideal for an actor.

Cinderella has shown her name can't sell a show alone, so her box office strength has dwindled. For the West End you need to either be super talented, and/or be a box office draw. If you can't sell tickets for the producers, or deliver an amazing performance, you won't get hired.

There is also the fact she is no longer relevant to the teens/early twenties group. They will have modern tik tok and similar stars to follow and invest in.
Honestly I think she peaked with addams/Heathers. Cinderellas been a flop, I don't see her getting anything bigger than her previous shows now. This is what happens when you're not willing to do any professional development in terms of acting or dance classes.

Reactions: 14
Cinderella has been drama central, but it's been getting good reviews and people have been positive about Carrie, right?
I think so, I’ve seen a lot of people say since it reopened again this month how good it was, but more specifically how good Carrie was/is. I saw a lot of people say how good she sounded and she almost or did make them cry, just what I’m seeing people are saying. I haven’t seen the show, so I can’t speak for seeing it in person myself. Maybe Carrie worked on her voice during the break when the show wasn’t going, or maybe ALW made her work on it.🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
had a thought on ollie - perhaps the reason he’s followed all these girls now (someone said he knew them from workshops? this is assuming that’s correct) is because carrie wouldn’t let him/he knew carrie would be jealous if he interacted with them at the time? and now he doesn’t have to worry about that he’s followed the girls he didn’t feel able to/she wouldn’t let him follow when he was working with them

Reactions: 3
had a thought on ollie - perhaps the reason he’s followed all these girls now (someone said he knew them from workshops? this is assuming that’s correct) is because carrie wouldn’t let him/he knew carrie would be jealous if he interacted with them at the time? and now he doesn’t have to worry about that he’s followed the girls he didn’t feel able to/she wouldn’t let him follow when he was working with them

I don't think it's that deep. He is single, a star in a show and is just browsing

Reactions: 8
I too think that Carrie has peaked career wise. She sees anything but a leading role as beneath her and she can’t act so wouldn’t do well on TV.

She would have been fine had she worked her way up in the industry but seemingly falling straight into the Eponine role has done nothing for her. She may get another stab at Fantine but that’s it.

Reactions: 9
If she doesn't go to Broadway I honestly think her career could have peaked. She won't get acting work because she isn't an actress, she hasn't trained and it shows. She is growing out of the younger roles and not quite old enough for the mum roles. She's too old for eponine again but I guess could maybe do fantine again. Things like panto and war of the worlds might happen, but keep repeating the same roles isn't ideal for an actor.

Cinderella has shown her name can't sell a show alone, so her box office strength has dwindled. For the West End you need to either be super talented, and/or be a box office draw. If you can't sell tickets for the producers, or deliver an amazing performance, you won't get hired.

There is also the fact she is no longer relevant to the teens/early twenties group. They will have modern tik tok and similar stars to follow and invest in.
I don’t have ideas where she could go from Cindermehla. In her mind anything less than the titular character will probably be a downgrade.

She definitely peaked in Addams. Her voice was healthy, and it wasn’t wrecked like it was in Heathers.

Her vlogging style is being phased out by tiktok. Dan and Phil know that (I mean they maybe make a few videos a year) it’s not 2012-2014 anymore. Unless she switches to commentary, like Scott Cramer or Drew Gooden, I don’t see her channel surviving past this year

Reactions: 7
I don’t have ideas where she could go from Cindermehla. In her mind anything less than the titular character will probably be a downgrade.
I remember she said once that once you're a principle, you wouldn't audition for anything but a principle

Reactions: 2
If I were her I would take time out to train and explain to everyone that it's to protect her voice which has suffered and she needs to work out techniques to save it. She can then do dance training/acting training too - but the main reason to do it 'to learn how to protect her voice' would actually be true. I doubt she'd admit to needing training, but surely that would be a good use of her time, giving her more options in a few years time? She could afford it I'm sure.

Reactions: 10

Miss Fleming in Heathers?
Janis in Mean Girls when it comes over?
Having said that once you’ve been the lead ‘on the marquee’ actress in a west end production it’s not really an ideal career step to take 2nd fiddle roles and she’s not a Cady

Maybe Cam Mack will stunt cast her in Oliver! He seems to rate her and it’s an opportunity for them to link her brothers fans in when they mention he was a past Oliver.
I can never understand why they don’t check her followers though when stunt casting. Her ‘fans’ barely interact with her on Twitter. Why do they think that anyone new will come see a show cos she’s in it? 🤷🏼‍♀️

putting a prediction out there now, i wonder if carrie will take a break and have a ‘glow up’ transformation.

People like her will do anything to stay relevant. If her name isn’t enough to get jobs anymore I could see her getting fit, growing out her hair again etc - anything to make herself look younger/more desirable for an audience.

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or is Carrie deliberately trying to make her smiles look sad on insta? It doesn’t come across as a genuine sad smile, it comes across as her trying to look sad so people show sympathy.

Reactions: 4
The Cinderella eye make up is so unflattering. It makes her eyes look very wide apart (which can be attractive but isn’t on Carrie).

Reactions: 6
Is it just me or is Carrie deliberately trying to make her smiles look sad on insta? It doesn’t come across as a genuine sad smile, it comes across as her trying to look sad so people show sympathy.
Typically I would agree, but I do really think she’s sad and heartbroken. Heartbreak sucks, regardless who you are, it’s painful and not fun. So whether or not she’s trying to make herself look more sad for pictures, I do believe she’s going through a hard time and is genuinely sad. I think we can all agree that heartbreak sucks and hurts, regardless who you are and what you think of Carrie.

Reactions: 19
I once read something that I thought was really true for M/F breakups and is probably going to apply here.

After a breakup, the guy starts out feeling amazing, flirts with loads of women, enjoys the classic 'single life' but the sadness about the end of the relationship catches up with him over time.

After a breakup, the woman starts out completely depressed, really in her feelings, struggles to adjust, but over time manages to improve and return to happiness. It's like they go opposite ways.

Obviously not a hard and fast rule but one I've observed and experienced a few times - and seems very similar here.

Reactions: 28
I once read something that I thought was really true for M/F breakups and is probably going to apply here.

After a breakup, the guy starts out feeling amazing, flirts with loads of women, enjoys the classic 'single life' but the sadness about the end of the relationship catches up with him over time.

After a breakup, the woman starts out completely depressed, really in her feelings, struggles to adjust, but over time manages to improve and return to happiness. It's like they go opposite ways.

Obviously not a hard and fast rule but one I've observed and experienced a few times - and seems very similar here.
I so agree with this. I’ve seen and been through this too, it’s exactly like you go opposite ways. It does suck, I’ve been through it and it was extremely hard so I do feel for her and anyone going through something like this, but it does get better and healing is possible.

Reactions: 6
The Cinderella eye make up is so unflattering. It makes her eyes look very wide apart (which can be attractive but isn’t on Carrie).
Add the awful make up to the awful wig and the whole look is really blergh. They tried to go for an iconic lead character but it’s just a mess.

Typically I would agree, but I do really think she’s sad and heartbroken. Heartbreak sucks, regardless who you are, it’s painful and not fun. So whether or not she’s trying to make herself look more sad for pictures, I do believe she’s going through a hard time and is genuinely sad. I think we can all agree that heartbreak sucks and hurts, regardless who you are and what you think of Carrie.
Yeah I definitely think she’s sad, there’s no denying that, but that’s not what I was saying. I think she’s deliberately playing it up by posting selfies where she’s pulling up her eyebrows to look sad. She’s doing her ‘acting sad’ face that she does on stage. Just feels a bit off to me. She needs to stop going to social media for all of her validation.

Yeah I definitely think she’s sad, there’s no denying that, but that’s not what I was saying. I think she’s deliberately playing it up by posting selfies where she’s pulling up her eyebrows to look sad. She’s doing her ‘acting sad’ face that she does on stage. Just feels a bit off to me. She needs to stop going to social media for all of her validation.
Yeah, I get where you’re coming from and what you’re saying. Hopefully she can realize she doesn’t need to go to social media for validation, part of me wonders if she’s just used to doing it because she’s done it for so long, she turns to social media for validation because that’s what she’s always done, and she doesn’t need to. I think she needs to open her eyes and recognize that social media is not the place for validation or the place to post everything about your life, especially when it’s personal.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.